• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Bolton Wanderers vs Arsenal | 25/11/06

Nutsy

Established Member
I have to say Gilberto, definitely the best basically after every one in the team slumped, but he stayed on, Flams & Ljungberg basically my worst nightmare now. but Theo, damn, that kid need more time and he'll soon be the best.

Gilberto, welcome back.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Jkreffer said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

:lol:

I was scrolling down the list quickly and I saw your one word post among although the Gilbertos. I had to scroll back up again to see who wrote it. It made me crack up!

It really is pathetic that people haven't mentioned even one Bolton player yet. Funny how the Motm is always an Arsenal player. Gilberto was the best Arsenal player but Anelka was surely man of the match.

I assumed everybody would be voting for their Arsenal man of the match considering it is an Arsenal forum.

So because this is an Arsenal forum we have to biased against all other teams? Don't you think that is so out of touch with reality? As Gurgen says, Anelka was the man of the match.

Viper

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

I was scrolling down the list quickly and I saw your one word post among although the Gilbertos. I had to scroll back up again to see who wrote it. It made me crack up!

It really is pathetic that people haven't mentioned even one Bolton player yet. Funny how the Motm is always an Arsenal player. Gilberto was the best Arsenal player but Anelka was surely man of the match.
Everyone is choosing the best Arsenal player, not the actual man of the match.

awooga83

Established Member
I also always assumed we were looking at who was Arsenals man of the match and i thought that was always the case. Even though often a player from another team might be man of the match we aren't here to be objective.

Tony Montana

Established Member
Viper said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

So what's the point of titling these threads 'Man of the Match' threads? It's ridiculous.

awooga83

Established Member
It is effectively Man of the Match but for Arsenal so who was our man of the match i think its kind of implied we are looking at that being that we are on an Arsenal forum and not a general football forum.

Tony Montana

Established Member
awooga83 said:
It is effectively Man of the Match but for Arsenal so who was our man of the match i think its kind of implied we are looking at that being that we are on an Arsenal forum and not a general football forum.

Well it still involves Arsenal even if the Motm is not an Arsenal player.

Viper

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Viper said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

So what's the point of titling these threads 'Man of the Match' threads? It's ridiculous.
Don't ask me. I didn't create the thread.

:p

awooga83

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
awooga83 said:

I see what you mean but it is going to be an Arsenal player because as its in an Arsenal forum we are all going to be interested in whowe felt was our best player and the reasons why then whether some opposition player was good. You could qualify it simply by saying Arsenal's Man of the Match. I don't think in any of the threads i've seen has an opposition player been named as the MoM and in reality thats not because they never were its just we don't focus on them.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

awooga83 said:
Tony Montana said:
awooga83 said:

I see what you mean but it is going to be an Arsenal player because as its in an Arsenal forum we are all going to be interested in whowe felt was our best player and the reasons why then whether some opposition player was good. You could qualify it simply by saying Arsenal's Man of the Match. I don't think in any of the threads i've seen has an opposition player been named as the MoM and in reality thats not because they never were its just we don't focus on them.

Isn't that what we have always done? I don't remember a motm on this site that involved players from other teams.

Jkreffer

Established Member
Tony Montana said:
Jkreffer said:
Tony Montana said:
Gurgen said:

I assumed everybody would be voting for their Arsenal man of the match considering it is an Arsenal forum.

So because this is an Arsenal forum we have to biased against all other teams? Don't you think that is so out of touch with reality? As Gurgen says, Anelka was the man of the match.

I do agree Anelka was the games best player but don't think it is a case of us being bias. More so that people would be more interested in keeping it within Arsenal.

I see what you mean though. From now on it could be an idea to state both Arsenal MOTM and the general MOTM? If indeed there is such a case where the best player lay on the opposition team?

Tony Montana

Established Member
celestis said:
Isn't that what we have always done? I don't remember a motm on this site that involved players from other teams.

Well Gurgen has said Anelka on this one and kwg admitted saying Scott Parker in the Newcastle Motm thread just a few posts above.

awooga83

Established Member
celestis said:
awooga83 said:
Tony Montana said:
awooga83 said:

Yeah we have always done that like i said i don't care if an opposition player has played well its not my concern as an Arsenal fan.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Well , it does make more sense as it makes the Motm more genuine.

Anelka then . Fantastic goals.

Tony Montana

Established Member
awooga83 said:
celestis said:
awooga83 said:
Tony Montana said:
awooga83 said:

Yeah we have always done that like i said i don't care if an opposition player has played well its not my concern as an Arsenal fan.

So it's not your concern that opposition players play well even though they could potentially spoil our club's ambitions in the future. Given that we have not beaten Bolton for a few years now in the league, certainly at the Reebok, it would be wise to be concerned about their players, especially the ones who have contributed to this statistic for some time.

Arsenal Quotes

There is no chance of Sol ever leaving for Arsenal. He is a Spurs fan and there is not a hope in hell of him playing in an Arsenal shirt.

David Buchler, Tottenham Vice-Chairman, 2001

Latest posts

Top Bottom