• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Charlton vs Arsenal | 30/09/06

Saville

2-1

1 absolutley stunning volley and another from good build up play. Both goals from Van Persie.

Your man of the match?

cesc18

hleb for me
was brilliant throughout the game
great ball control and distribution throughout
kept the ball brilliantly before providing the assist for the first goal and started off the move for the wonder goal
robin would be a very close second

Rahul

itd be harsh on RVP to give it to hleb and harsh on hleb to give it to RVP.

so both

junialum

Tough to tell. RVP gets it for producing a performance better than his previous ones this season.

Helb has continuously done well this season so no surprise of what he did today.

RVP got over a psychological barrier. You can see his joy when he ran to the fans.

Shook his body a bit too. :D

longrufus

Established Member
Easily Hleb, ran the game.

RvP was good but not great, his goals of course were superb but his contribution on a whole was not as good as Hleb.

phil15

junialum said:
Tough to tell. RVP gets it for producing a performance better than his previous ones this season.

Helb has continuously done well this season so no surprise of what he did today.

RVP got over a psychological barrier. You can see his joy when he ran to the fans.

Shook his body a bit too. :D

I cannot recall a better Hleb performance this season, one where he was at the forefront of all our attacking moves. His dribbling, passing, link-up and off the ball running where a hallmark of our performance.

RVP did extremely well with his goals but you cannot compare the importance of their performance to the team.

IBL

Established Member
Has to be Hleb, had a hand in both goals and was in great form. Honourable mention to RvP for the goals (one cracker) and Henry for a polished showing.

usheray

RVP simply for the goals its criminal not to give him that , but if someone else had scored a goal Hleb would have taken it

usheray

RVP simply for the goals its criminal not to give him that , but if someone else had scored a goal Hleb would have taken it

usheray

Chicago

usheray said:

I agree, I don't think anyone on the arsenal team could volley that ball with their left foot at full pace and somehow get it to go in like he did. And let's be honest, it won us the game. It's not like RVP's blackburn's goal last year where it was just icing, that goal got us 3 points.

edit: but you guys are absoutely right, hleb did have a hell of a game.

longrufus

Established Member
Mr. Hotshot said:
RVP, nuff said. Without the 2 goals, we could have lost. But had he not scored, I would go for Hleb

Slightly ridiculous what you just said there.

And I cant understand why people automatically give MOTM to the goalscorers. You can score a goal, do nothing for the other 89mins and still get the glory.

Yes RvP made 2 very big contributions yesterday, but Hleb was the sole reason we played so well yesterday, everything good came through him. Dictated play the entire match. While RvP drifting in and out of the game.

Arsenal Quotes

I play on the right, Tony on the left and we'll deal with whoever comes along, big or small

Martin Keown

Latest posts

Top Bottom