• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

MotM - PL: Manchester United vs Arsenal | 17/09/06

tam1886

Established Member
FABregas just edges Rosicky for me. FABregas did what he does brilliantly but Rosicky seems to be everywhere. Special praise for Hleb though, he makes things happen and has a phenomenal work rate. Anyone remember when he gave the ball away just inside our half (2nd half) and then got in to make the vital passback to Jens before Ronaldo could take advantage? Excellent too

MK5

Very little mentioning of Kolo here me thinks! He was a rock today outpaced and out muscled Saha, Ronaldo, Shrek.

rsagooner

:D Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea! :D what rare talents, LOL.
but seriously, CESC was f*cking amazing, too good to express with words, jens had a blinder too. roscky played like a man posessed. can't believe how much we dominated, that'll shut those manc tossers right up, who do they think they are to dare wear a red jersey

usheray

This is not a very hard one but there were a lot of contenders for me

Cesc
Adebayor
Mad Jens
Rosicky
Djourou

The MOM is definitely cesc, brilliant passing, calm and cool as usual and The brilliant killer pass

usheray

rsagooner said:
:D Darren Fletcher and John O'Shea! :D what rare talents, LOL.
but seriously, CESC was f*cking amazing, too good to express with words, jens had a blinder too. roscky played like a man posessed. can't believe how much we dominated, that'll shut those manc tossers right up, who do they think they are to dare wear a red jersey

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i think O'shea was the best

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
Soccernet.com said:
MAN OF THE MATCH: Emmanuel Adebayor - It is fair to say that the jury is still out on the Togolese striker. A tremendous performance and a belated first goal of the season later, it is fair to say he has won over many of his critics and ensured they prospered without Thierry Henry, which few anticipated. Kuszczak, Lehmann, Rosicky and Fabregas all merit honourable mentions, too.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/st ... nd&cc=4716

what else can i say :lol:

DC Gunner

Established Member
Shahram said:
Hmm. Everyone was immense today. Hard to pick one from:

Lehman
Toure
Gallas
Hleb
Rosicky
Cesc
Ade
I agree.

I'd say rosicky was dynamic all over the place, ade did annoy their defenders.

I would give it mad jen, even though I want to smack for trying his heart out to get the second Yellow :lol:

Number8

Cesc? No way! He had a really poor game by his standards. He showed bursts of increadible football, he showed the real Cesc but overall he made quite a few errors that could and perhaps should have been penalised. Jens and Kolo were immense. Apart from the insanity that is expected from Mad Jens, he was solid between the sticks. What a last minute save! Without him it would have been a draw.

But I'm going to go for Kolo. He showed the world that he's one of those footballers that are REAL men. None of that lying about whining nonsense. He was obviously in immense pain when his hip gave way, and he sort of looked like collapsing, but he just forgot about it and sprinted after the ball, throwing himself on the line, and then stayed down after the threat was over. Immense. Just simply immense. This guy obviously wears his heart on his sleave. Absolutely amazing. He was solid, I can't recall a single mistake. He had a tough job with Rooney, Saha, Scholes and he almost single handedly kept them under control.

Overall it was a great performance from the whole team, everyone pitched in their fair share, but pretty much every player had his inconsitencies. One man didn't, and that was Kolo. MotM. Ask me ten times and my answer will remain the same.

sabret00the

Established Member
Cesc just when i thought he comes the mighty decline he found more in his locker.

Honourable mention to Adebayor.

patrick42uk

Established Member
ade. two match winning runs coupled with a good all round showing on how to be a lone striker. now we know why Arsène bought him, finally.

yoinkster

definately adebayor, caused problems the whole game and got the goal his performance fully deserved.

just hope the home fans remember far back enough to cheer his name for the next match to make him know his efforts are appreciated.

stuart

Established Member
i cannot wait for the highlights even though i watched the match! it feels so damm good to beat the ****!!!!!!!!! UNITED! ...............................................................S**T!!!!!!!

koivu

Adebayor was a matchwinner today, this is the kind of performance we want from him. MOTM.

Fabregas, Rosicky had amazing games and Lehmann was his usual self. All three deserve honourable mentions but Ade's got his day for me.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal was firmly embedded in the local community and had a very solid, working-class foundations. The fans espoused the club's values. This visceral attachment, from childhood, to a club and a team is something I have never seen anywhere else with such fervour. Every fan's first match at Highbury was like a baptism.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Saturday, May 18

Arsenal‘s interest in Ivan Toney has waned. It is unlikely he will join this summer and neither will Alexander Isak, with the club no longer interested at his £120m price [John Cross - The Mirror]

Benjamin Šeško will cost €65m this summer [Sky Sports Germany]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom