• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Newcastle United: Bandro Tonali

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
But its Newcastle, they will replace Bruce from there shortlist of candidates that include; Pardew, Allardyce, Pulis, Megson etc..
2B3A785200000578-0-Stoke_manager_Mark_Hughes_said_he_would_be_delighted_if_he_could-a-16_1439291876928.jpg

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
In all seriousness though, someone needs to get hold of that club and sort it out.

They're a relegation battling side these days with the dip into the Championship every now and then, the thing is they're too big for the Championship, they will get promotion back to the PL every time, they produce enough talent to be strong enough for that league so going the Sunderland route and dropping further is unlikely in my opinion.

They should be aiming to be a stable PL club like Everton and then add pieces, I know its easier said than done but a club of that size in the location they're in shouldn't be flirting with relegation as often as they are.

Consistent years of being well run could put them in a similar situation to Leicester where they try to disrupt the big boys, but instead they are a cluster **** of a club where the owner doesnt want to be there and seems to hate the fans and the fans hate him too :lol:

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

What is the point of Newcastle United, I swear their fans probably hope to get into a relegation scrap just to have a bit of excitement. :lol:

Literally every season is mid-table or a relegation fight sometimes, or once in a blue moon they somewhat challenge for Europe. But this is a club that's literally stuck in the position they're in. Absolutely no prospects for them at all. Even worse it's been like this for what 60 something years? We're talking generations of Newcastle fans virtually experiencing the same ****. Yet the go week in week out (well pre-COVID obviously) to cheer on their team, not sure if it's admirable or insanity. I'd get bored pretty quickly if I knew there was absolutely no chance of my club ever improving or achieving something.

Tbf they were in the Champions League with Robson and they almost won a title under Keegan.

Ashley has truly killed the club though. Apparently came up with the idea of an 8 year contract for Pardew and his staff on a night out over a round of shots.

As soon as they all got the contract they were hoping to get sacked and paid up straight away.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
What is the point of Newcastle United, I swear their fans probably hope to get into a relegation scrap just to have a bit of excitement. :lol:

Literally every season is mid-table or a relegation fight sometimes, or once in a blue moon they somewhat challenge for Europe. But this is a club that's literally stuck in the position they're in. Absolutely no prospects for them at all. Even worse it's been like this for what 60 something years? We're talking generations of Newcastle fans virtually experiencing the same ****. Yet the go week in week out (well pre-COVID obviously) to cheer on their team, not sure if it's admirable or insanity. I'd get bored pretty quickly if I knew there was absolutely no chance of my club ever improving or achieving something.

They were pretty good up until around the mid 2000s, tbf...barely done anything noticeable since then bar the 2 relegations though.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

:lol:

There is soooooo many, have a look at there management history;

Steve Bruce
Rafa*
Steve McLaren
John Carver
Pardew
Hughton
Shearer
Kinnear
Hughton
Keegan
Pearson
Allardyce
Pearson
Roeder
Souness

That pretty much takes us back to 2004 with Bobby Robson, how is this shocking to anyone, look at ALL of that ****, some hired more than once, its insane!

Not a single manager in that list inspires you with confidence that anything will change for the positive apart from Rafa.

All of them managers you know at some point will need sacking, they might fluke a good season here and there but there hiring will probably lead to the sack.

So many 'whats the point' managers, they're a ****ing joke.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Tbf they were in the Champions League with Robson and they almost won a title under Keegan.

Ashley has truly killed the club though. Apparently came up with the idea of an 8 year contract for Pardew and his staff on a night out over a round of shots.

As soon as they all got the contract they were hoping to get sacked and paid up straight away.

It was still somewhat of a rarity tho those title challenges and that CL season under Robson. Going from the 50s they've done next to nothing. I remember even under Souness they were a laughing stock. Ashley hasn't helped things and has compounded things in a lot of ways but it's so strange that for so long they've just been so mediocre.

Riou

Why did they sack Robson in 2004 exactly, seemed really bizarre to me at the time.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member
Why did they sack Robson in 2004 exactly, seemed really bizarre to me at the time.

I may be completely remembering this wrong but wasnt it Shearer related? I can remember one manager getting sacked for pretty much falling out with big Al.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

It was still somewhat of a rarity tho those title challenges and that CL season under Robson. Going from the 50s they've done next to nothing. I remember even under Souness they were a laughing stock. Ashley hasn't helped things and has compounded things in a lot of ways but it's so strange that for so long they've just been so mediocre.

I feel like they’re a big club but maybe it’s just because of the stadium and the fans’ passion.

They need new ownership though. I could see them getting into that Everton bracket of clubs with some actual effort.

No way they should be languishing with the likes of Fulham and Brighton ffs.

Flying Okapis

Most Well-Known Member

They qualified for the CL in 2005 when Santiago Munez scored that last minute free kick against Liverpool..?

But then ****ed up selling him to Madrid, could have been better than Shearer!

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Really think they'll go down this year. Bruce is an ok manager for sides in the championship, but is really found out at this level.

Appointing Bruce was never going to go down well with their supporters, considering his history. Ashley is probably the worst owner in football, so just doesn't give a **** either way.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
I feel like they’re a big club but maybe it’s just because of the stadium and the fans’ passion.

They need new ownership though. I could see them getting into that Everton bracket of clubs with some actual effort.

No way they should be languishing with the likes of Fulham and Brighton ffs.

At least a manager like Favre would do them some good. Or go all the way and imagine Rangnick at Newcastle.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵

the 2nd and 5th points are mental...can't imagine a worse run club

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

:lol:

There is soooooo many, have a look at there management history;

Steve Bruce
Rafa*
Steve McLaren
John Carver
Pardew
Hughton
Shearer
Kinnear
Hughton
Keegan
Pearson
Allardyce
Pearson
Roeder
Souness

That pretty much takes us back to 2004 with Bobby Robson, how is this shocking to anyone, look at ALL of that ****, some hired more than once, its insane!

Not a single manager in that list inspires you with confidence that anything will change for the positive apart from Rafa.

All of them managers you know at some point will need sacking, they might fluke a good season here and there but there hiring will probably lead to the sack.

So many 'whats the point' managers, they're a ****ing joke.
Full of ****e British managers...only decent one on that list is Rafa. John Carver and Joe Kinnear?! Keegan was decent back in his day perhaps...but good lord what a list.

edit: I was perhaps slightly unfair to Hughton.

Riou

Think they will be in real trouble if they go down this time, tbh...could really plummet.

I imagine all their best players will leave...the 2009 team was a pretty good one, while the 2016 one had a top manager...think they could be in real trouble.

Arsenal Quotes

Robert Pirès was a fabulous player, world-class, and for a few years, before his injury, he was unquestionably the best left-midfielder in the world by far. He had incredible technique, he was smart, a finisher. He was a killer with a smile, the gentlest man in the world who suddenly drive the ball exactly where it was needed.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom