<

Next Season's Centerbacks

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Aevi, Jun 23, 2020.

?

Who would you rather keep?

1. Sokratis

11.3%
  2. Mustafi

9.4%
  3. Chambers

56.6%
  4. Holding

22.6%
  1. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Assuming we sign Mari on and Luiz extends for one more year, we will definitely be going into next season with:

Saliba, Mari, and Luiz.

This leaves:

Sokratis, Mustafi, Chambers, and Holding.

If you were to keep one more from that group, who would it be? (This is in the interest of being realistic, as clearly most of us would like to bin everyone)

Macho and say yes like this.
  2. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Decent shot at being the most depressive thread on AM in recent memory this one.

RacingPhoton, Dutch D, Macho and 5 others like this.
  3. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Ideally I'd keep none of them. But in terms of who can contribute, probably Mustafi. Sokratis is an ogre who can't pass so he's automatically ruled out (I'm sure @Mitch will tell me what a brilliant RB he is). Holding is not Premier League level. Chambers, I don't know it's a difficult one, but I feel he's the one we could get the most money for while acknowledging he's not good enough.

That leaves Mustafi who's currently a starter anyways.

moloso likes this.
  4. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

I'd have most faith in Chambers of that group, but thinking about it he might also have the highest value.

American_Gooner and Maybe like this.
  5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

I'd say Chambers since he can play RB and in midfield if need be.

James Bond likes this.
  6. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I wouldn't keep any. But if it's one it's Chambers even with his ACL injury, then as I keep mentioning, we go buy Ake or Mings.

7. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

Also only talks we're hearing are for Holding and Sokratis. So maybe another loan for Chambers would be decent.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

I guess, it’ll be Luiz, Saliba, Mari, Mustafi.

Chambers and Holding will still be around, I don’t see any clubs pulling out money for them.

Sok said he’ll rather leave than bench it.

9. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

FWIW I think we'll keep both Mustafi and Chambers just so we have plenty of options, like has already been mentioned Chambers can play RB if needs be.

OnlyOne likes this.
  10. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

11. Mitch

Mitch Bellerin Upgrade Advocate

Keep all except Mustafi.

Chambers- our best defender before Christmas untill his injury. Good and CB and great at RB. Should be our first choice RB next season.

Sokratis - Good first season, poor this season but has been excellent the 3 games at RB. Should be our back our back RB.

Holding - Brilliant in his break out season. Struggled from injuries since. Showed in last match that he still a good player.

Mustafi - although his form has improved under Arteta he still makes the odd mistake and with all his errors prior I just cant trust him
    Move on.

Hopefully we dont renew Luizs contract.

baccy_man likes this.
  12. FinnGooner

FinnGooner Well-Known Member

Ideally we keep none. But if we have to, I’d actually keep Holding just because at 24 yo, there’s some slight hope that he can still develop a bit

RacingPhoton likes this.
  13. Aevi

Aevi Hale End FC Moderator

Wouldn't have expected any different from you :lol:

14. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Sokratis and Mustafi must leave. Holding and Chambers if we got good offer should leave, leave us with Luiz Mari Saliba and Mavropanos that's will give us option and funds to get good CB.

talking is easy but nobody will buy Sokratis and Mustafi

15. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

You're a bizarre poster but you're very consistent tbf.

16. FatFraudRaul

FatFraudRaul Member

Saliba and whatever client Kia pawns off on us

17. Troopz

Troopz Well-Known Member

I just checked and the contracts of Sokratis, Mustafi and David Luiz are all up in 2021.

:lol:

We should have got rid of all of them this summer and gone for Gabriel Magalhaes. Napoli are selling Koulibaly and bring him in to replace him FFS then he’ll become unattainable.

We’re bums in the transfer market.

18. Dont want any of our current players (not counting Saliba as he has not yet played at Arsenal)
    We need to sort out our defence for once and we all know our current players is crap and does not cut it..

So who we gona play?
    Saliba and ?? i would like to try and get Upemecano

And when talking about defenders are we gona Jordi Osei-Tutu take a first team place or we gona loan him out again?

19. Marjorie

Marjorie Well-Known Member

Sokratis and Mustafi need to go this summer. Neither have a long-term future here. Chambers and holding still have a chance to stake a claim next season.

20. OnlyOne

OnlyOne Tier 1 Height

I've come to a conclusion that we'll bring in another CB.

ItWasMeBarry likes this.