• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

He's up against Mendy, if he can't do it tonight he just cannot do it. Mendy's favourite things are bombing forward at the wrong times, losing the ball in attack and not getting back in to position. Hes also not vry good at defending
:facepalm: It’s Man City

Pepe is known for his pace tbh, much like Auba just because you don’t see him burning guys in the prem doesn’t mean it’s not there, it’s not like we have passes that will get him into such situations.

He lacks power for sure, but speed he hasn’t looked out of place when we bomb forward in our counter attacks.

You know what, if you want to get wound up by him it’s your choice tbh.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
:facepalm: It’s Man City

Pepe is known for his pace tbh, much like Auba just because you don’t see him burning guys in the prem doesn’t mean it’s not there, it’s not like we have passes that will get him into such situations.

He lacks power for sure, but speed he hasn’t looked out of place when we bomb forward in our counter attacks.

You know what, if you want to get wound up by him it’s your choice tbh.

Auba is slightly quicker than most defenders and hes able to use it (used to be quicker), still waiting for Pepe to beat someone on pace, maybe its a timing runs kind of thing.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Well well well.

I’m ignoring this thread from now on tbh people just love to chat sh*t clearly.

Good performance so far, definitely making the most of the space Mendy is affording him. Unlucky not to have 2 assists.

Needs to get back quicker and help defend. He was unlucky with the touch but nobody can be 100% all the time anyway so its not valid to criticize him for it as a once off.

But theres nothing new with his performance, every criticism is still valid. The reason hes working is because hes not being asked to do a lot other than deliver the ball from his left leg. He doesn't have to dribble or deal with high pressure from City on his side.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

But theres nothing new with his performance, every criticism is still valid. The reason hes working is because hes not being asked to do a lot other than deliver the ball from his left leg. He doesn't have to dribble or deal with high pressure from City on his side.
Some of your critism is valid my post wasn’t even aimed at you just this wack thread in general.
I’m always in here defending him but there’s no need, the guy will come good people are just grumpy for the sake of it.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Pepe is obviously a very very good player. Man has taken a long time to bed in, some footballers do. He's had 3 managers now and needs to settle properly.

Once he gets some proper consistency he will tear the league up. Absolute wand of a left foot.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

In a game where we have little possession and very little chances he created an amazing assist for Auba to help settle nerves and made that difference, played a huge role in the second goal as well.

Seems to get lots of hate lately, even if it's just a missed pass which everyone makes he gets singles out. I wish the best for this guy.

Love you.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Noticed this today.

Everyone needs a scapegoat.

Yeah it's weird, like I understand there's an expectation for him, but he'll try create something, which gets intercepted or whatever and people go off on him.

Yeah it's frustrating when he does the simple things wrong but so does everyone.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Best performance so far in an Arsenal shirt. Made a pessimistic post before the match and he's made me look rather silly, tbh. Well done Nico, hoping he can keep this up under Arteta!

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Look at Wilf going at players. It's ridiculous how he's putting them on their asses so effortlessly.
I get dizzy watching these clips, so the players dealing with him must have a nightmare. In a more tactical setup, where he might have to wait a bit for the striker to get in the box, he can toy with a defender for a few seconds before passing.

Now, look at Pepe when he's taking his man on. It's not the same level of skill. He's all over the place and nowhere near as efficient.
He's getting lost in his own dribbles, ffs.
Zaha is a magician with the ball at his feet up there with Neymar in that regard.

The hope with Pepe is that he’s still more than good enough to get past defenders but has a better final ball/shot than Zaha. Which appears to be the case.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

Great performance today, good to see him smiling throughout too. Looks like he’s settling.

Loved his involvement in both goals, clearly quality.

GunnerBP

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Pepe is decisive. He can go missing in matches, and before he came to Arsenal he was allowed to disappear in matches. Arteta is slowly coaching that out of him.

Today he had a really good match, and proved decisive for both of our goals. He's only going to get better.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not surprised he look much better when we counter attacking. He got such quality left foot to be fair almost perfect still has lot to improve but next season im expecting much better from him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom