• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Who watches this guy and think he's worth dropping 72m on?
I watch the guy and think he can be a key player, not 72m probably but we did buy him when there was too much money on the market. We would probably be able to get him for 40m this summer

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Who watches this guy and think he's worth dropping 72m on?

EdeqFWgWAAAOeG7

We spent 72m on him and could have invested that in other areas.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Some of you act like Pepe is the first ever transfer paid in instalments :lol:
Because it's misleading to act like they paid that much for him. With all the clauses and bonuses, if they end up paying the full amount he would have been a success here.

A big price tag doesn't mean he shouldn't be given time to settle especially when you consider how unstable the club has been this season.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Because it's misleading to act like they paid that much for him. With all the clauses and bonuses, if they end up paying the full amount he would have been a success here.

A big price tag doesn't mean he shouldn't be given time to settle especially when you consider how unstable the club has been this season.

Practically every transfer is paid in instalments unless you're playing the release cause. Pepe cost us 72m regardless of how much we pay each season, so let's not be disingenuous to make the transfer look smaller.

I can't predict the future so I'm only commenting on what I see now and he's been poor for most games he plays for us. I just don't see it in him tbh, he doesn't have the heart for it.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Practically every transfer is paid in instalments unless you're playing the release cause. Pepe cost us 72m regardless of how much we pay each season, so let's not be disingenuous to make the transfer look smaller.

I can't predict the future so I'm only commenting on what I see now and he's been poor for most games he plays for us. I just don't see it in him tbh, he doesn't have the heart for it.
How many attackers have come in from Ligue 1 and the ground running? I can't think of many off the top of my head, seems to be a bigger adjustment than other leagues.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Hazard, Giroud, lacazette, the Newcastle lads off the top of my head. Most do tbf.
Hazard didn't have a great first season did he? Very good debut against Wigan iirc but quiet for long periods of 12/13. Laca got dogs' abuse on here so I don't think he'd count either.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He has no chemistry with the right back, it's really weird. AMN would probably be his best partner.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
How many attackers have come in from Ligue 1 and the ground running? I can't think of many off the top of my head, seems to be a bigger adjustment than other leagues.

I think only players in their prime hit the ground running in the a new team, think of guys like Alexis and Auba. Pepe should be entering his prime years but he plays like he's 20, still so raw.

Reactions: A_G

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
Hazard didn't have a great first season did he? Very good debut against Wigan iirc but quiet for long periods of 12/13. Laca got dogs' abuse on here so I don't think he'd count either.

Did he not, could've sworn he looked 10 times the player that Hazard did and we were all screaming bloody murder we didnt bring him in. Thought Laca started off briliiantly, like he had an amazing game against leicester sure he faded but his start was good. Think most French players that come in deliver at their level not long after. Pepe is delivering at his level, mostly bad with some good stuff from his left leg.

Monstar-Gunn4r

Established Member
So he was poor against tired players when he was fresh? For 72m?

I'd say ignore the price tag, jsut focus on the him being sh*te. Like he cant do anything about the price tag, he just generally doesn't deserve to play given his performances. Maybe he cna turn it around buut I dont see it, he just isnt what we need or can use.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
So he was poor against tired players when he was fresh? For 72m?

How you know he was fresh?
He hasn't even started and Arteta decided to play instead with 3 strikers and Nketiah as RW. I don't think a "fresh" Pepe would be on the bench, he needs rest too.

I don't know what fans expect in these games.
Our game was poor most of the times, no intensity and creativity during the whole game. You think you sub in Pepe and he will go 1vs1 every time or run straight with the ball and his pace?

We could have subbed in Mane, Salah or different wingers and it would have changed nothing, because we had no game plan to break the defensive line from Villa.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
His stats are decent but I don't like most of what I see on the pitch. He seems timid and has questionable technique. A lot of his good work looks accidental. I look forward to seeing Nelson and AMN there more than him.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Did he not, could've sworn he looked 10 times the player that Hazard did and we were all screaming bloody murder we didnt bring him in. Thought Laca started off briliiantly, like he had an amazing game against leicester sure he faded but his start was good. Think most French players that come in deliver at their level not long after. Pepe is delivering at his level, mostly bad with some good stuff from his left leg.
I think the managerial changes have to be taken into consideration when talking about Pepe, barely anyone seemed to thrive under Emery and when Arteta came in that was another adjustment he had to make. If he'd come in under Wenger the stability would've helped him for sure imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom