• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: January 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Milan moving so fast like it's deadline day lol. Milan are in talks with Verratti agent.

But Verratti first option is Barcelona and PSG are trying to renew his contract.

Vibra

Established Member
If Barca don't sign Verratti I'm gonna be slightly annoyed, and I don't even particularly like them

Red&Dreadjm

Lines like this actually drive me mad
"It was impossible for Arséne Wenger to guarantee first team football to Gnabry with him having Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain ahead of him in the pecking order."

Theo Walcott has single-handedly ****ed this squad up for over a decade now! The argument could also be made that the OX was rubbish at the time. Although that has turned out well in our favour so can't fault that thinking.
Whatever we may think of Theo, he does put it in the back of the net - I know he's a limited player but he does score regularly & thus legitimately was serious competition for Gnabry.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Whatever we may think of Theo, he does put it in the back of the net - I know he's a limited player but he does score regularly & thus legitimately was serious competition for Gnabry.
Nobody would really hate on Theo if he didn't hold us to ransom for that contract and then play like poverty afterwards but there is absolutely no denying he adds goals.

Nobody would really hate on Theo if he didn't hold us to ransom for that contract and then play like poverty afterwards but there is absolutely no denying he adds goals.

I think he should be respected managing to get that contract. Role model for us.

Hopefully we can sign players that but him all the way into Perez role next season

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
He really is the poster boy for our last decade of "failure" though. Good but not really good enough I guess.
If we hadn't been sold the 'Next Thierry Henry" rubbish it may have been better. We've all been expecting too mu8ch from poor Theo. A very unfair relationship between fans and player has cropped up because the club weren't able to develop/handle the hype..... Although it must be said his PR team sure as hell did.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

We've had a lot of icon shirt numbers dissipate because our esteemed manager gives them away easily.

Always f**cked me off who got the number 10 when Bergkamp left. We'd had some great strikers and playmakers over our history wear that shirt; Woodcock, Stapleton, Merson, DB10 and then for some reason in 2006 Arsène decides to give it to our new signing, ex Chelsea star and renowned d*ckhead William Gallas. The guy was a f*cking CB as well.

Absolutely atrocious :lol:

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Always f**cked me off who got the number 10 when Bergkamp left. We'd had some great strikers and playmakers over our history wear that shirt; Woodcock, Stapleton, Merson, DB10 and then for some reason in 2006 Arséne decides to give it to our new signing, ex Chelsea star and renowned d*ckhead William Gallas. The guy was a f*cking CB as well.

Absolutely atrocious :lol:
Was also pissed by that decision. Even Wilshere never earned the top... I always felt like it should be earned.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Some transfer news from german papers, sources are mostly kicker and Transfermarkt:

- Aubameyang transfer to PSG seems off right now. New PSG DoF Antero Henrique favors Alexis or Mbappé over Aubameyang

- PSG not after Alexis anymore, focused now on Mbappé. Alexis apparently in talks with Man City or staying at Arsenal

- Despite signing Gnabry, Bayern might still be in for Alexis, as reports surfaced the Bavarians are looking to loan out Gnabry for the coming season

- After coach and DoF have already signed new, prolonged papers at Hoffenheim, highly rated Nadiem Amiri also extends his contract until 2021 and a transfer is now very unlikely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Religiously, it is said that God created man. I am only a guide. I allow others to express what they have in them. I have not created anything. I am a facilitator of what is beautiful in man.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom