• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 664,063
Status
Not open for further replies.

oh to be a goon

Can't believe how good this Ben White guy is looking now that he's on my radar.

Surely going for MASSIVE money to a top club -
Only loose links to Liverpool so far ?

Guy's looking like someone you'd get now and be sorted for 8-10 years.

How strong of a passer is he? Arteta seems to rate that very highly for defenders.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
How strong of a passer is he? Arteta seems to rate that very highly for defenders.

Can only judge him based on videos, but he looks like a young Pique.

Maybe some AM fellas who've seen him live frequently will tell otherwise, but just based on video content he'd already be one of my prefered options.

Right-footed though

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can't believe how good this Ben White guy is looking now that he's on my radar.

Surely going for MASSIVE money to a top club -
Only loose links to Liverpool so far ?

Guy's looking like someone you'd get now and be sorted for 8-10 years.

Yeah he’s going to be world class very soon. I don’t think we should overstock young CB’s but for him I’d make an exception.

senna

Got a couple of Leeds mates, who have been raving about him since start of season saying he is England's future CB/capt. But then I looke dhim up and he's 22yo & Brighton loaned him out, so how good is he? I suppose CB's do mature & peak later as you have to learn positional sense.

Greenwood/James
Martial/Ighalo
Sancho/Rashford

MILES better than our dross.

Shaking here.

Screen_Shot_2016-08-01_at_12.34.21_PM.0.0.png

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Greenwood/James
Martial/Ighalo
Sancho/Rashford

MILES better than our dross.

Shaking here.

It's really not that big of a difference. If we got rid of Lacazette and brought in say Edouard.

Auba/Martinelli
Edouard/Nketiah
Pepe/ Nelson with Saka also behind that.

I wouldn't say we are inferior. They are just in form right now. The problem is they have Fernandes and Pogba and we have Xhaka and Ceballos.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
Its annoying how Man Utd out of nowhere have a plethora of British talent and have the kind of money to supplement them

Plethora ?

Rashford is a great talent that has been around since Van Gaal, but not more.

They bought Wissaka and that's the one I give them most credit for - massive talent, but they bought him.

Mason Greenwood the one big finding they have and I see him as their pendant to Saka. Pretty big talent.

Martial is french, Bruno is Portuguese, Pogba is french and the rest of the squad is okay, but not great.

Sancho could still potentially come, but let's not act as he's already at ManU.
Last time I've checked, ManU hasn't even half the money for him and Dortmund never lowered a price.

German papers even said Sancho has had a change of heart and is no longer certain as to whether ManU will be the right place for him.

It might happen, but chill ;)

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
What worries me much more though, is the fact that they've benefited from referees changing games to their favor in forever and this will likely remain.

So much bias in the game in England..

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
German papers looool. Trying to make yourself feel better. Football365 said it not german papers.

Sancho is elite and will join them. Greenwood is currently the biggest talent in the PL. To finish like he does off both feet is pure talent. He is going to be world class. Rashford is probably the weakest one out of them.

Saying that I think Auba is the best goalscorer out of the lot, Pepe should hit the ground running next season and we have Martinelli/Saka...

So its pretty even tbh

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
Plethora ?

Rashford is a great talent that has been around since Van Gaal, but not more.

They bought Wissaka and that's the one I give them most credit for - massive talent, but they bought him.

Mason Greenwood the one big finding they have and I see him as their pendant to Saka. Pretty big talent.

Martial is french, Bruno is Portuguese, Pogba is french and the rest of the squad is okay, but not great.

Sancho could still potentially come, but let's not act as he's already at ManU.
Last time I've checked, ManU hasn't even half the money for him and Dortmund never lowered a price.

German papers even said Sancho has had a change of heart and is no longer certain as to whether ManU will be the right place for him.

It might happen, but chill ;)
McTominay, Brandon Williams, Axel Tuanzebe, James Garner, Ethan Laird, Dylan Levitt and Dean Henderson are also top talents. If they get Sancho while Greenwood becomes the player he can be it would make for a serious generation of high quality British players.

And if some of them don't cut the mustard they can sell them for big fees.

If they manage to keep Pogba or sell him on for an experienced midfielder and same for a defensive player they have a very strong squad in the making.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
McTominay, Brandon Williams, Axel Tuanzebe, James Garner, Ethan Laird, Dylan Levitt and Dean Henderson are also top talents. If they get Sancho while Greenwood becomes the player he can be it would make for a serious generation of high quality British players.

If they manage to keep Pogba or sell him on for an experienced midfielder and same for a defensive player they have a very strong squad in the making.

McTominay is a 6th/5th place rotation CM. Williams is Newcastle level, Tuanzebe has a lot of potential but he's injury ridden, the others I haven't seen play except Hendo who is obviously quite good.

Not sure its a golden generation, in terms of overall talent its way behind ours.

Goonger

It's not just Man Utd to be fair, for England going forward things are looking good. Over the next few years your looking at the likes of Greenwood, Abraham, Sancho, Saka, Foden, Hudson Odoi, Maddison, Grealish, Harvey Elliot, Nelson, Mount, Calvert Lewin, McNeil, Smith Rowe, Nketiah, and that's just attacking midfield/ forward areas.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

I respect your oppinon and it's as good as mine, but none of the names you mentioned have proven anything and I'd call our equally unproven set of youngsters to be more exciting, though it remains to be seen as well.

They've been definetely more lucky with talents though since all of our best talents seem to have huge injuries all the time.

Think ESR is the biggest AM talent in the country, but he's been pushed back a year.

Think Reiss could've had a major career already, but had several injuries and patches where he wasn't getting enough minutes which is all that matters at that age - he might not even make it anymore with us now.

Martinelli and Mason are different and even if you do not see Martinelli as equally talented, he might still become the better player - Ronaldo isn't a top 100 talent in world football for me, it's his training and work ethnic that made him the player he is now - Martinelli seems to have that mentality as well.

Sadly, he's another one of those youngsters with big injuries. What the **** is it with us and our youngsters - injuries everyhwere

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Nobody knows how youth talent with turn out really. Watching the u17 euros a year or so ago with the likes of Saka, Balogun, John-Jules, Amaechi, Laird, Doyle etc etc involved you’d have said Amaechi would have been the one to become a star. Greenwood pulled out of that tournament by the way.

Amaechi was by far England’s best player whilst Saka was playing LB. Ethan Laird who United fans think is going to be brilliant was behind Daley-Campbell who we released last year.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

2000: Sancho, Foden, Hudson-Odoi
2001: Greenwood, Saka

Those five will be superstars, in the 2002 group you have the likes of Musah, Azeez, Bate, Rogers, Madueke, Greenwood, Gelhardt. 2003 is arguably just as strong as the 2000 group, Arsenal alone have a phenomenal set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

The match will be shown on Match of the Day later this evening and if you don't want to know the result look away now as we show you Tony Adams lifting the cup for Arsenal.

Steve Rider
Top Bottom