• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 666,535
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
Benrahma to Chelsea seems to be done..announcement pending. Havertz next! Chelsea will most likely play 7 attackers in the starting lineup next season.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Honestly speaking I’m not too impressed with Chelsea’s business so far. Ziyech has one top season in Europe but hasn’t done anything in a top league at the age of 27. There’s something off with Werner for me ever since I heard about him asking to be subbed in a CL game due to the noise - Morata vibes.

The other two they’re strongly linked with in Havertz and Chilwell don’t impress me too much either, Havertz is massively overrated, he was average for most of the season.

United are doing far better at building their squad up.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Honestly speaking I’m not too impressed with Chelsea’s business so far. Ziyech has one top season in Europe but hasn’t done anything in a top league at the age of 27. There’s something off with Werner for me ever since I heard about him asking to be subbed in a CL game due to the noise - Morata vibes.

The other two they’re strongly linked with in Havertz and Chilwell don’t impress me too much either, Havertz is massively overrated, he was average for most of the season.

United are doing far better at building their squad up.
17 goals 9 assists is quite good for a midfielder tbh. Not sure you'd call that average. Guy got alot of talent. 21 years old.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

17 goals 9 assists is quite good for a midfielder tbh. Not sure you'd call that average. Guy got alot of talent. 21 years old.
He plays like a forward for Leverkusen, very similar to Dele Alli and we’ve seen how bad he looks when the goals dried up. Havertz in the first half of the season was shocking, he got a few goals/assist in the second half and was suddenly worth £100m again.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He plays like a forward for Leverkusen, very similar to Dele Alli and we’ve seen how bad he looks when the goals dried up. Havertz in the first half of the season was shocking, he got a few goals/assist in the second half and was suddenly worth £100m again.

You're right that the expectations for these young talents are too high. The only kid in European football consistently on a high level already is Mbappe.

But Havertz is still a good buy for Chelsea. He can play different positions and he's a midfielder who can score goals. He's exactly what we're missing tbf. How many midfielders can you think of who can score goals and are available for a transfer? I can't think of many.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Chelsea are building an exciting stable of talent, but with that B-tec bum in charge, they are going nowhere fast.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

You're right that the expectations for these young talents are too high. The only kid in European football consistently on a high level already is Mbappe.

But Havertz is still a good buy for Chelsea. He can play different positions and he's a midfielder who can score goals. He's exactly what we're missing tbf. How many midfielders can you think of who can score goals and are available for a transfer? I can't think of many.
He’s obviously a talent when you look at the sides who want him and his numbers are impressive, but I just don’t rate him as highly as others. Teams in the Bundesliga defend really high so he often has acres to run into, not seen him against a deep block often enough which is what he’ll face at Chelsea.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

He’s obviously a talent when you look at the sides who want him and his numbers are impressive, but I just don’t rate him as highly as others. Teams in the Bundesliga defend really high so he often has acres to run into, not seen him against a deep block often enough which is what he’ll face at Chelsea.
Which kids are better? 5 maybe? Imagine having a 21 year old striker that gets better numbers than Laca. And this guy is a midfielder.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Which kids are better? 5 maybe? Imagine having a 21 year old striker that gets better numbers than Laca. And this guy is a midfielder.
Rating a midfielder on goals is a weird one. I remember people comparing Dele to Gerrard and Lampard as though he was the same type of player.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Rating a midfielder on goals is a weird one. I remember people comparing Dele to Gerrard and Lampard as though he was the same type of player.
I mean if i have a midfielder scoring 20 a season, you are supposed to ignore his contribution? There are obviously other attributes that are very important. He also has 9ish assists if thats more important?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ben Chilwell is so overrated. Decent runner but offers nothing in attack and is a liability defensively.

Honestly rather Luke Shaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 31

Arsenal are interested in Benfica CB Antonio Silva, but will have to trigger his £85m release clause to sign the 20 year old [Correio de Manha]

Youngster Charles Sagoe Jr is set for a loan spell at League One side Charlton Athletic [Online Gooner]

Arsenal have moved on to targeting Benfica midfielder Joao Neves after Martin Zubamendi indicated a preference to remain in La Liga [Teamtalk]

Liverpool, Arsenal and Bayern Munich have all made an approach to PSV forward Johan Bakayoko [Hbvl]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom