• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Non-Arsenal Transfers Thread: Summer 2020

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 8,442
  • Views 659,490
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Chelsea getting a deal like that while the merry gang of dimwits we’ve got ‘ running the show ‘ can’t sell a single player! Love to see it!

carter777

Thinks Poch Is The GOAT

Player:Saka
Cavani deal supposedly £200k a week plus performance bonuses and £10 million in agent fees!

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Feel Cavani will be a really good short term option, thank God Smeagol is still their manager.
Why are you thanking god for Smeagol being their manager? They'll be competing with Chelsea for the top four spot while we'll be competing with Wolves and Everton for 7-8th place. The quality of their manager has no bearing on us.

UnitedBeard

An annoying Manc
How is Liverpool getting away with these sales for so high fees without investigation? I demand an investigation? I demand someone will be put in a chair to answer questions.

World class negotiator. Probably the man behind the scene who wasn't mentioned enough for the success of Klopp with Liverpool so far. Managed to get rid players who are not part of plan for big fees. Although low wages could also be part of the reason but still to get Ibe for 15m, Solanke for 19m & Brewster now for 23m as well as their previous deadwoods, makes manager's job easy.

TornadoTed

Established Member
Players like Brewster, Solanke and Ibe go for big money because they are on low wages. Sheffield United's wage bill for their whole squad last season was supposedly £13m, if they have a 25 man squad then they are paying on average around £10,000 per week. Of course some will be on £5k, some on £20k but still peanuts compared to what our players earn.

A player like Brewster can fit into their wage structure. Sheffield Utd are an extreme as they have the lowest wages in the league but I doubt any of our unwanted players could fit into most lower/mid table teams wage structures.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Players like Brewster, Solanke and Ibe go for big money because they are on low wages. Sheffield United's wage bill for their whole squad last season was supposedly £13m, if they have a 25 man squad then they are paying on average around £10,000 per week. Of course some will be on £5k, some on £20k but still peanuts compared to what our players earn.

A player like Brewster can fit into their wage structure. Sheffield Utd are an extreme as they have the lowest wages in the league but I doubt any of our unwanted players could fit into most lower/mid table teams wage structures.

Exactly. El-Neny is a Europa League player but on CL wages so he only gets loan offers from Turkey. We really need to readjust but we've just given Aubameyang a pay rise which actually I think compromises the wage structure moving forwards

I love him but I don't think we can really afford him

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Exactly. El-Neny is a Europa League player but on CL wages so he only gets loan offers from Turkey. We really need to readjust but we've just given Aubameyang a pay rise which actually I think compromises the wage structure moving forwards

We've shifted Mkhi, so we probably can just about. When Özil leaves, it will help us so much. Auba on 300k a week as a world class, consistent performer. Established winners like Luiz, Willian and Laca (not a winner but hey) on 150-175k, seasoned pros and big money signings like Bellerin, Pepe and Xhaka on about 100k and high level prospects like Saka, Saliba, Guendouzi and Martinelli on 40 - 80k seems about right.

We're in a different stratosphere to Sheff United in terms of commercial value.

You're right about El Nenny. His salary is a top 8 salary and the likes of Wolves and Leicester don't want him.

Kav

Established Member
Chelsea getting a deal like that while the merry gang of dimwits we’ve got ‘ running the show ‘ can’t sell a single player! Love to see it!
Loan with option Bayern are not obligated to buy. They can just say thanks but no we are fine like they did with Perisic and Coutinho recently.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

We're kinda damned if we do and damned if we don't. We had a strict wage structure after the move to the Emirates and it resulted in our best players leaving and calls from fans for us to be more ambitious and break the wage structure to get the best players.

Wages generally dictate performance. So in theory the fact we have a CL wage bill isn't the problem, the problem is that recruitment has been poor and we've given those wages to players who aren't good enough.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We're kinda damned if we do and damned if we don't. We had a strict wage structure after the move to the Emirates and it resulted in our best players leaving and calls from fans for us to be more ambitious and break the wage structure to get the best players.

Wages generally dictate performance. So in theory the fact we have a CL wage bill isn't the problem, the problem is that recruitment has been poor and we've given those wages to players who aren't good enough.

Feels like players got salaries worthy of Arsenal level players whether they actually were that level or not

Last edited:

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Feels like players got salaries worthy of Arsenal level players whether they actually we're that level or not

Yep mediocrity was bought and then rewarded for mediocrity. El Nenny was a 5m signng on 20m wages. The likes of Sokratis, Xhaka, Laca and Mustafi haven't performed to expectation. Sokratis and Mustafi should have sorted our defence, Xhaka should be one of the leagues top players and Laca one of the leagues top scorers. None of the previous has happened

Moving forwards we need to be rewarding the likes of Tierney, Saka, Gabriel (premature I know) and Auba for consistent high level performance.

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Why are you thanking god for Smeagol being their manager? They'll be competing with Chelsea for the top four spot while we'll be competing with Wolves and Everton for 7-8th place. The quality of their manager has no bearing on us.
The most important player at the club is the manager. United have a dud.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool have had the 2nd/3rd highest wage bill these last few years, we've had the 4th/5th highest.. Too simplistic excuse.

Lovren was on 100k, last year of his contract, Zenit still bought him for 10m+.. Sokratis is on 90k, last year, but the best we can hope for is giving him away for free? Even if you go back further when they didn't have the champions premium, Liverpool sold Sakho for 25m and Crystal palace pay him 100k.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Liverpool have had the 2nd/3rd highest wage bill these last few years, we've had the 4th/5th highest.. Too simplistic excuse.

Lovren was on 100k, last year of his contract, Zenit still bought him for 10m+.. Sokratis is on 90k, last year, but the best we can hope for is giving him away for free? Even if you go back further when they didn't have the champions premium, Liverpool sold Sakho for 25m and Crystal palace pay him 100k.
The difference is Liverpool have smart people running thier club close relationships with agents they paid most agent fees last year. As much people hate him we'd have in better position if raul was still here sack him and not replace him leaving us with edu and mikel who got no experience in European market is hurting us

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

The difference is Liverpool have smart people running thier club close relationships with agents they paid most agent fees last year. As much people hate him we'd have in better position if raul was still here sack him and not replace him leaving us with edu and mikel who got no experience in European market is hurting us

So are the Pool transfers similar to Chelsea transfers this window?

I mean Chelsea paid something like 10 million agent fees etc. for Werner & Havertz each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

He is like a new signing

Arsène Wenger on a player coming back from injury

Latest posts

Top Bottom