• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I remember last year me and my cousin used to take piss out of giroud then he would score more and more. For 10 mill or whatever it was its a bargain when you think about it especially when at the time andy donkey carrol went for 30+ mill.

Or Benteke for 32.5 million who's looked barely one-fifth of what Giroud has been for us this.

Oh but Benteke scored a lot in 12/13 season so that makes him better. :rolleyes:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Im sure at least 4 of those came from the game against Bournemouth. My god was he atrocious. Özil could have smashed the assist record that night.

Stoke at home earlier in the season he had like 4 clear cut chances, that was back in September.

For me it is all about how we play and how I want us to play so I enjoy us when we play football. I usually don't enjoy my self watching the team when Giroud is spearheading the attack for numerous reasons I stated many times before. But I would rather not win the title and play enjoyable football than win it with how we play most of the times with Giroud.

Giroud though, has been improving ever since joining us. And he has done very well this season and even playing badly lately he did fantastic in Liverpool game. So sure there are lot of praises for him!

Sweggeh

For me it is all about how we play and how I want us to play so I enjoy us when we play football. I usually don't enjoy my self watching the team when Giroud is spearheading the attack for numerous reasons I stated many times before. But I would rather not win the title and play enjoyable football than win it with how we play most of the times with Giroud.

Giroud though, has been improving ever since joining us. And he has done very well this season and even playing badly lately he did fantastic in Liverpool game. So sure there are lot of praises for him!

Hmm, seems AGB have changed tactics. Before it used to be "We can't win the title with Giroud". Now its "I'd rather we didn't win the title just so Giroud can't play".

Have to admit I didn't see this one coming.

Hmm, seems AGB have changed tactics. Before it used to be "We can't win the title with Giroud". Now its "I'd rather we didn't win the title just so Giroud can't play".

Have to admit I didn't see this one coming.

Wtf, can't remember that I ever said we can't win the title with Giroud. ******

Mod edit : pls let's not get abusive .

Last edited by a moderator:

RUS arsenal

Established Member
As others said, I love Giroud's great attitude and how he constantly improves.
Interesting article posted on Whoscored today. It's about Giroud's inconsistency and him leading the premier league misses chart.

11 clear cut chances missed so far. Aguero has 9.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/2...onsistency-a-Concern-to-Arsenals-Title-Charge
3 of the top 5 are Arsenal players :lol:

To be fair despite those 11 misses, he still has a healthy conversion ratio which is better than Aguero, Kane and Benteke. I think his finishing has gotten better over the last 3 years though he still has a lot of trouble with chances near the edge of the box or just outside of it. That's definitely something he needs to work on.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Problem with Giroud's misses is that they always seem to come in close games so stick in the mind.

Interesting Aguero and Theo have 9 considering how much more Giroud has played.

It's the general opinion of the AGB though that we're incapable of winning the title with him as a striker. Hence why he mentioned that.

And even so, that opinion has been right so far.

We haven't won the league yet. So just stay calm with your claims.

But worth adding. Teams win league titles. Not players alone. So it does not stand or fall with Giroud.

SuperGoon

Debbie Downer

Player:Saka
Leaving the past behind us, eh? Fair enough.

FWIW, I think Giroud, on his day, is unbeatable. He's strong. He has cut out pieces of his game that I hated him for when he started. Dropping like a pansy and expecting a foul like a Diego Costa at every oppurtunity. I think his start at the club goes against him and the goal drought. Yet like most players under Wenger, he has improved.

When he scored yesterday, he kissed the badge like some sort of fool. Hate people who do that. Yet I love it, too.

I think Giroud does a lot for his club. He does a lot on the field, and despite getting boo'd off monaco (His worst performance still doesn't warrant a boo, imo. Think it's disrespectful to boo our own players. Hate when fans do that ) he didn't let it effect him. He came back the very same weekend and scored against Everton. He was slated by a club and national legend and told he wasn't good enough. He's come back this season with a point to prove, and so far he's proving it. Olympiacos was a statement. Liverpool was almost a Thierry Henry-esque performance.

He also has cool determination. And got knocked out against West Ham and still kept playing. Got his head split open against Kolo and still played on. Coquelin, Gabriel and Sanchez get a lot of credit for being fighters. Giroud also has this trait in abundance, if he didn't have it at first he developed it over time.

Also, he brings all the girls just into football to Arsenal. And a great goal scoring tune.

So yeah, he does a lot for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom