• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: Au Revoir Cher Ami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

And even so, that opinion has been right so far.

We haven't won the league yet. So just stay calm with your claims.

I never claimed anything. I just stated that the people who are against Giroud generally say we can't win the league with Giourd. And you just confirmed that you think that opinion is valid.

Which makes what Sweggeh said about you correct.

Neither Sweggeh or myself have said on this page that we disagree with that opinion, he just said that you've changed from that opinion to rather not seeing us win the league with Giroud as opposed to not believing we can.

Then you reacted angrily and claimed you never said we couldn't win the league with Giroud, but now you've affirmed that you don't believe we can based on the evidence in recent years.

Now I'm really confused as to what you're getting annoyed about.

redanddread

The stone that the builders refuse
The simple truth is that he doesn't fit the mould of striker that many, including myself were looking/hoping for. However as stated many times, by myself & others, he improves his stats year on year without fail & has done that throughout his career. Stellar game yesterday

Sweggeh

You've chatted an enormously amount of **** for the short time you've been here.

Back your **** up with evidence or shut up. Simple.
I've been reading this forum since the Fabregas era mate. Don't try me.

Anyway, if Giroud manages to finish the season strongly and get 30+ goals, do you guys think Wenger will still look for a striker in the summer? He has looked for one every summer since Giroud got here.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I've been reading this forum since the Fabregas era mate. Don't try me.

Anyway, if Giroud manages to finish the season strongly and get 30+ goals, do you guys think Wenger will still look for a striker in the summer? He has looked for one every summer since Giroud got here.

I don't think so, mainly because there's none available by the looks of it. I personally hope for someone better, or at the very least someone different in the mold of Walcott but with more substance to his game.

Drebin

I was only 20 minutes gone. What happend?

fire_community.gif

skip spence

Interesting article posted on Whoscored today. It's about Giroud's inconsistency and him leading the premier league misses chart.

11 clear cut chances missed so far. Aguero has 9.

http://www.whoscored.com/Articles/2...onsistency-a-Concern-to-Arsenals-Title-Charge
I'm sure Leo messi and c Ronaldo would be near the top in missed chances in la liga too. The best players get many chances, and are bound to miss more than average players in absolute numbers. Without looking at the list much I'd guess that mahrez has an exceptional conversation rates this year. That to me is not proof that he is a better goalscorers than let's say Aguero, rather a sign that he won't be able to keep it up over time.

what some people don't seem to understand with finishing is that it is a game of numbers. Even on most "clear cut opportunities" you have a split second decision to get a shot away, all you can do really is try to connect well and get a good shot in. Any decent striker knows that if you do this you have a good chance of scoring. But also that you won't score every time, even if you make a good shooting decision and hit it well.

I'm sure that giroud will have barren patches again this season when the goals aren't forthcoming, all strikers do. But I think that one of his main strengths is that he won't let it get him down, like many others will. He just keeps plugging away confident that the goals will come again if he continues to get in the right positions and make good shooting decisions.

I doubt he'll get 30 goals have to say though I hope he proves me wrong.

Drebin

If I look at teams that won the league in the past, they all had a striker that scored around 20-30 goals. I think Giroud is capable of achieving that but he has to work hard and stop switching between Ibra and lamppost-mode.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

If I look at teams that won the league in the past, they all had a striker that scored around 20-30 goals. I think Giroud is capable of achieving that but he has to work hard and stop switching between Ibra and lamppost-mode.

Utd in 2008/09?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Of the nine red cards this season we probably deserved half of them

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom