• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: The great schism of our time

Status
Not open for further replies.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

I think its a bit petty to keep banging on about that horrible miss. We all cursed him at that moment, he himself propably the most, but he showed some real resilience in the remainder of the game. It was probably his best game since olympiakos away, and I quite like this new Giroud.
He ****s up (CL, Sunderland at home, this **** above) but he makes up for it. And maybe, just maybe, he'll still be fueled with the urgency to prove himself after this match and play a perfect game away at stoke. If we wouldnt have conceded that late goal, a lot more people would be praising him.

And yes, its a horrible horrible miss, from every angle.

I can 100% guarantee he'll miss more easy chances. I'll give the same guarantee he'll score and create more goals to get us points. I'll also guarantee other strikers will do both of those things for other teams.

Of course, you don't have to tell me that. But this is what people do on forums, they criticize things. We will criticize Giroud, and the striker after him, and the striker after them.

Reminds me of this one :lol:

1355257750059.gif

Can you also find the chance Rosicky missed in Champions league? That was terrible.

say yes

forum master baiter
Jesus, just looked over this thread since the result yesterday. Tragic stuff.

Pretty much everyone agrees he played well (e.g. 1 - 2 - etc). You've then got about 10 pages of deluded Giroud fanboys spoiling for an argument where there isn't one to be had. Taking partisan football fandom to another level.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Pretty much everyone agrees he played well (e.g. 1 - 2 - etc). You've then got about 10 pages of deluded Giroud fanboys spoiling for an argument where there isn't one to be had. Taking partisan football fandom to another level.

And the other 170 you got people hating on Giroud regardless of how well he performs.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On

Exactly. I was attacked by a bunch of parasites for no apparent reason.

Absolutely disgusting stuff.

say yes

forum master baiter
And the other 170 you got people hating on Giroud regardless of how well he performs.

You don't though. Take a look at this thread after the Olympiakos game, or the Everton game, or the Man City game. I'll even quote myself for you:

Great stuff from the guy again.

Some of you need to take a step back from this GDL thing and stop being so partisan, it's dull.

You can tell this is hurting the AGB on a personal level at this point. Every post wreaks of hate and butthurt.

Actually no. Most of us praised Giroud for his performance.

I mean you guys are trying to blame Ramsey, Özil, Wenger, Walcott for Giroud miss. You have post now 3 or 4 times where you saying you don't want people to talk about his miss. Anything to protect the golden boy. Blame everything else. It is highest order of delusion. Bigger than Liverpool fans towards their players.

juice man

Can't make his mind up
I mean you guys are trying to blame Ramsey, Özil, Wenger, Walcott for Giroud miss. You have post now 3 or 4 times where you saying you don't want people to talk about his miss.
Yeah but those two things didn't happen. At least not how you're trying to make it sound.

I brought up the other names to demonstrate the idea that it isn't 1 person who is responsible for the draw. Its a team result, which includes the Giroud miss, but certainly is not a result of this.

And no one is barring you guys from referring to the miss. But if you're going to do it, you can expect people to reply with opposing thoughts. You seem to have a problem with this.

blaze_of_glory

People could also start accepting that other people criticizing their opinions isn't tantamount to a personal attack. The right to offer an opinion comes with the right of others to disagree with it and point out why they do so.

And if you are going to offer strong opinion, with some aggressive language, it's more than likely that others will do the same if they disagree. If you can give it out you should be able to take it.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
And no one is barring you guys from referring to the miss. But if you're going to do it, you can expect people to reply with opposing thoughts. You seem to have a problem with this.

Of course we have a problem with it. It was a shocking miss, wasn't it?

If you say yes(he), then we agree and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I knew we were very different, that he (Ferguson) had a total hold over his club while at that time I was still more of a coach. I also recognised his huge qualities. He knew how to surround himself with the right people and didn't rest on his laurels when he was successful.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom