• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Olivier Giroud: The great schism of our time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrypticSaint

We all agree that Theo was ****.

We all agree that Giroud was fantastic.

But, but... GDL won't admit that it was a shocking miss, which is all AGB have stated here, but GDL keep making some utterly ridiculous analogies.
I completely agree with you on the defending of the miss however i still think he is criticized much more compared to others.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
You know what's delusional? Saying that this miss cost us the points!

If he scores that, how do you know how the game ends up after that?

If that goes in then the game changes and everything that happened after can no longer be applied. How do you know that we don't go into a shell earlier, suffer even more pressure and not only not score another but instead concede 2+ goals and lose the game instead? Of course it could've ended up a tie or our win just as well. Point is, we don't know.

It was a horrible miss, everybody in this thread said as much...everybody (talk about making false claims @Furious Styles).

However, after that when it was still 2-2 and we needed another goal, Giroud put that miss behind him and came up with a beauty that he created himself out of thin air (from a deflected failed pass attempt).

Strikers miss chances all the time. Ronaldo does it, Messi does it, Henry used to do it, Brazilian Ronaldo used to do it, Higgy does it a lot. There is no striker in the world that doesn't miss chances. What matters is how the said striker reacts to the miss. Giroud stepped us and gave us the lead that should've gotten us the 3 points. Our defense failed us in the last minutes of the game. The responsibility for the 2 lost points rests solely with the defense. Ask any neutral fan and they will tell you as much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing, tongue-in-cheek praising is not praising, it is satirical criticism in disguise. GAL and GRAL just need to get off their high horses and stop embarrassing yourselves.

What a **** post. :lol:

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
We all agree that Theo was ****.

We all agree that Giroud was fantastic.

But, but... GDL won't admit that it was a shocking miss, which is all AGB have stated here, but GDL keep making some utterly ridiculous analogies.

tbh it takes a special player to miss that. Most would take the easy option and score. Thats why I love Giroud, he does the unexpected!

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

What's with all these abbreviations? GDL, AGB, GAL... Who are all these people and why do they hate each other?

say yes

forum master baiter
You know what's delusional? Saying that this miss cost us the points!

If he scores that, how do you know how the game ends up after that?

If that goes in then the game changes and everything that happened after can no longer be applied. How do you know that we don't go into a shell earlier, suffer even more pressure and not only not score another but instead concede 2+ goals and lose the game instead? Of course it could've ended up a tie or our win just as well. Point is, we don't know.

It was a horrible miss, everybody in this thread said as much...everybody (talk about making false claims @Furious Styles).

However, after that when it was still 2-2 and we needed another goal, Giroud put that miss behind him and came up with a beauty that he created himself out of thin air (from a deflected failed pass attempt).

Strikers miss chances all the time. Ronaldo does it, Messi does it, Henry used to do it, Brazilian Ronaldo used to do it, Higgy does it a lot, etc. There is no striker in the world that doesn't miss chances. What matters is how the said striker reacts to the miss. Giroud stepped us and gave us the lead that should've gotten us the 3 points. Our defense failed us in the last minutes of the game. The responsibility for the 2 lost points rests solely with the defense. Ask any neutral fan and they will tell you as much.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another thing, tongue-in-cheek praising is not praising, it is satirical criticism in disguise. GAL and GRAL just need to get off their high horses and stop embarrassing yourselves.

Was this post directed at me? Because I've never said that that miss cost us points. I've said Giroud put in a great performance and was let down by his teammates.

You'd know that if you'd actually read my posts, but then again if the GDL were reading posts rather than commenting blindly this thread wouldn't be verging on 10 pages/day.

RUS arsenal

Established Member
Was this post directed at me? Because I've never said that that miss cost us points. I've said Giroud put in a great performance and was let down by his teammates.

You'd know that if you'd actually read my posts, but then again if the GDL were reading posts rather than commenting blindly this thread wouldn't be verging on 10 pages/day.
You bolded Tir's "Giroud did all he could to win us the game yesterday" and replied with the gif of the miss so yes it was directed at you though not only at you.

Sykes

Don't disagree necessarily but right now Giroud doesn't deserve to be dropped, is banging them in for fun. Is showing up in big games too, which he wasn't doing before. This season, I think he's one of the first names on the team sheet, behind Özil and Cech.
Not saying Giroud should be dropped, just saying Alexis will score less playing alongside him which doesn't matter as long as Giroud is able to maintain this form

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

The miss was unforgivable. Scored two should have had three. Summed up Giroud - and Arsenal - to be honest.

He did play well though and he's our best striker by far.

skip spence

Haha. Gotta love Giroud. Even when he has one of his best games at the club he still manages to throw in a horror-miss just for the heck of it. Very typical of the big man.
I assume you are trolling here. Right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrived, an Arsenal share was worth £800; it subsequently rose continuously in value and by the time I left it stood at £17,000.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom