• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Do people realise that Coutinho has played as a left winger the majority of his career. 1/4 of his appearances may be as a 10. He isn't actually effective there.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
but it's important to obsessively think about how to recreate the past and never move on with our lives.

notsodifferent.gif

Burt Gold

I feel like this thread wouldn't be complete without someone wondering whether Coutinho could be played further back and do what Santi did for us. Obviously he cannot, but it's important to obsessively think about how to recreate the past and never move on with our lives.
Ironically a player I think that could do this is Buendia. He seems to have all the characteristics, good on the ball, eye for a pass, willing tackler.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Do people realise that Coutinho has played as a left winger the majority of his career. 1/4 of his appearances may be as a 10. He isn't actually effective there.

Surely at Liverpool he was used more as number 10 specially with Rodgers

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@GDeep™ is just a meme now. Not even good opinions anymore just bashes things he doesnt like constantly, which is a lot.

I'll say it again, imagine turning down this deal when we are 8th.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Isn't he basically Alexis but without the furious terrier-like energy and piano skills?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Considering our situation with creating chances at the moment Coutinho would have to play.

Where would you play him in a 433? LW or LCM?

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Just checked with Rodgers was mixed some games as AM some as LW but with klopp mostly LW. This season with bayern mixed between AM and LW.

Yeah with Rodgers it was basically 50/50 in terms of playing on the left or in the middle. He has mostly played on the left for Klopp and at Barca.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yeah with Rodgers it was basically 50/50 in terms of playing on the left or in the middle. He has mostly played on the left for Klopp and at Barca.
His stats look much better when he used LW its good sign for us either way Auba will play CF next season

GDeep™

League is very weak
Arsenal are paying for a bad system and terrible choices for close to a decade now, this fall was inevitable, I love wenger but the already shaking pieces began to fall near the end of his tenure.

We need to know our place now, we’re not a top club anymore and don’t have the money to force it through, with the current midfield we have and the position were in as a club with holes in nearly every position, Coutinho on loan with subsidised wages is a fantastic option.
I don’t buy this, up until 2014 we have the lowest net spend in the PL.

Also, we finished 2 points off top 3 last season, spent a record breaking amount in the summer but ended up 8th in the worst PL season ever. Don’t talk to me about Wenger? That’s a cop out.

Malky

Established Member
Knew this deal was inevitable, but its still pathetic, absolutely pathetic. Don't care if we're getting him for nothing and Barca agree to paying 99% of his wages, we're only bringing him here because he's Kia's man, the **** has the clubs bollocks in a vice clamp.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Still waiting for a reply to this and no reply. I wonder why?

What answer do you want? We wouldn’t be signing the two players you mentioned if they were with him because they’re probably going to cost £20m or more. I think it’s obvious the club at this point are funnelling any money they have towards signing Partey. Is Kia his agent as well? What about Ceballos? Saliba? Martinelli? Pepe? Tierney?

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ornstein keeps saying we want another wide player so maybe they’ve got him starting on the left. I just worry our midfield additions are Partey and loaning Ceballos again. I don’t think that helps with the problems you laid out.

We’re not solving this in one window. The club should accept that top four is extremely unlikely next year so realise gradual improvement of the squad is the way to go.

I know people are sick of Liverpool but the way they built their team is the blueprint for us. This is the team that Klopp played in his first game.

lineup-44-1.png

Now it’s true none of those players started in the Champions League final four years later but look at the players they bought in his first summer window.

42824921-187-A-45-AB-A4-AE-DEB5-EB57-DC35.jpg

They brought in seven players for 71M but 61M of that consisted of two players. The rest were extremely cheap additions to round out the squad and the bulk of the money was saved for two players who fit Klopp’s style.

I hope that this Coutinho deal works out very cheaply for us and we can save the bulk of our money for other players but we need to spend the majority of one or two quality players each window until we’re competing again.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
@GDeep™ is just a meme now. Not even good opinions anymore just bashes things he doesnt like constantly, which is a lot.

I'll say it again, imagine turning down this deal when we are 8th.

You turn it down because we can't afford the transfer. It would be a loan fee and silly wages for one year in a position where he blocks all our youth.

Aevi

Hale End FC
Coutinho played at Barca under Valverde tbf, the whole team was pretty poor. His price and wages personally worry me more than the actual player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I tried to watch the Sp*rs match on television in my hotel yesterday, but I fell asleep.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom