• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
You seriously believe that the situation were in as a club is due to just a couple bad (debatable) transfer windows in recent time? Even if you want to go down that route, the failures in windows extend to Gazidis and his late duds of Perez, Mustafi, Xhaka and of course cannot forget Agent Cech being the sole player one summer, the list is a long one.

but forget about just the transfers, this club has been on a steady decline for a long time, anyone could see this is where we were heading with the questionable decisions from top to bottom combined with the soft mentality of the players (also due to the culture at the club rather than solely on players themselves).

I’m not blaming this solely on the late Wenger/Gazidis era, but I’m also not willing to accept this is a recent problem that occurred due to just transfers, club has been rotten for a long time and this decline was coming. Issues at our club are deeper and it will take time to recover from all those years and all those issues, signings like these can help the process since were not a cash heavy club.
We finished 2 points off 3rd and reached the EL final. Then we spent the most we ever have in our history.

If we spent correctly we wouldn’t be 8th today. It really is that simple.

You’re making excuses, Raul is running the club very badly atm.

You’re crying about Xhaka but this is a player loved by Emery and Arteta? Torreira is the one not rated by Arteta.

You’re crying about Mustafi, but we’ve wasted money on Sokratis, Luiz and Mari since.

Wenger paid for his mistake, he missed out on CL and was removed.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Coutinho is better than anyone we have in that position and he can shoot from outside the box, which is something our players don't really do.

If the loan is with an obligation to buy next summer, it's kind of tricky. If we have an option to buy, then why not?
Both clubs support his salary, so the risk isn't so big.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
If this is not cheap or Arteta's first choice it is downright negligent.

Liverpool and City are unreachable in a single transfer window and Chelsea might as well be with how they're buying. United buy their rumoured targets and top four would almost be impossible without some insane investment so why the f*ck are we buying stop-gap players in the stupid hope they're getting us top 4?

You buy Buendia/Behrama and you get the chance to add to them next summer if you end up 5th. Instead we're going to loan this bum and go into next summer with a hole in our pocket, no player and in a way worse position with no Champions League yet again.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I'd only be content with this if the loan fee and wages were low.

Otherwise its a step in the wrong direction and a further waste of money.

I watch a lot of bundesliga and most bayern matches. Never been a huge fan of Shootinho. But having seen him for Bayern recently this season, his technical ability, dribbling passing and creativity in the final third is still a level above any of our attacking players. Nevermind his incredible shooting. His final ball is never something I rated him on but even for bayern it's far better than our midfielders or front 3 (sadly)
This probably says more about the level of our players than countinho but I guess if it's a financially sound deal for us with barca sharing the wages then this would be a deal that improves our attack and creativity.
In an ideal world I'd prefer to see Countinho on the left, and the funds freeing up Partey and then another creative midfielder but even without the creative midfielder Countinho will be our best attacker alongside Auba.
All this also goes without debating the cons or pros that the influence Kia has on our business

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Coutinho is better than anyone we have in that position and he can shoot from outside the box, which is something our players don't really do.

If the loan is with an obligation to buy next summer, it's kind of tricky. If we have an option to buy, then why not?
Both clubs support his salary, so the risk isn't so big.

:lol:

It’s easy to be better than what we have in that position because we have pretty much nobody there especially since Özil went MIA. Coutinho still doesn’t solve any of our current issues.

Would Coutinho get in the Man Utd or Chelsea team? I don’t think so and those are the teams we should be looking to compete with.

Our recruitment team needs a revamp if the best they could come up with are signings like Coutinho and David Luiz ffs as we’re settling for the scraps from the bigger teams.

John Stones next :drool::drool::drool:

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
If this is not cheap or Arteta's first choice it is downright negligent.

Liverpool and City are unreachable in a single transfer window and Chelsea might as well be with how they're buying. United buy their rumoured targets and top four would almost be impossible without some insane investment so why the f*ck are we buying stop-gap players in the stupid hope they're getting us top 4?

You buy Buendia/Behrama and you get the chance to add to them next summer if you end up 5th. Instead we're going to loan this bum and go into next summer with a hole in our pocket, no player and in a way worse position with no Champions League yet again.
Exactly, this club is damn desperate to get back into CL we burn money like it's nothing. Realistically speaking we're some years away from getting back into top 4 or we invest £200 million while FFP is relaxed and buy our way back into relevancy. But Coutinho doesn't solve either problems. This is like Mhki all over again. If you're going to spend money you might as well go for premium or you go cheap smart additions for the future.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Looks like Bayern paid around 8M for a loan fee.

Feels like we’re a homeless guy rejecting a McDonald’s right now. Our attacking play has been so poor that an 18 year old rookie has the most assists.

zilfy

I hate the Kia influence but perhaps loaning a quality player at LW is actually a good thing? That gives one more year of development for Saka and Martinelli to become good enough to start week in and week out.

The alternative being that you fill that spot with someone like zaha who will claim that spot for the next 3 or 4 years, potentially benching these guys and forcing them to play out of position (though I do like martinelli at CF)

blrgooner

Established Member
I watch a lot of bundesliga and most bayern matches. Never been a huge fan of Shootinho. But having seen him for Bayern recently this season, his technical ability, dribbling passing and creativity in the final third is still a level above any of our attacking players. Nevermind his incredible shooting. His final ball is never something I rated him on but even for bayern it's far better than our midfielders or front 3 (sadly)
This probably says more about the level of our players than countinho but I guess if it's a financially sound deal for us with barca sharing the wages then this would be a deal that improves our attack and creativity.
In an ideal world I'd prefer to see Countinho on the left, and the funds freeing up Partey and then another creative midfielder but even without the creative midfielder Countinho will be our best attacker alongside Auba.
All this also goes without debating the cons or pros that the influence Kia has on our business
Exactly. Also, I haven`t been the biggest fan of Coutinho over the years but to say that he can only shoot is just not correct. His overall play is on another level compared with what we have now. Also, all the other options we are discussing are far too costly(Zaha and Grealish) or unproven(Buendia and Benrahma) compared with Coutinho.
Also, I don`t understand the idea that we are spending too much for him. The whole point of a loan is that we can spend less than 10m. Even though it is short term, it would mean that we can use the funds this season to strengthen in CM and CB and focus on attacking midfielder next season. Instead of buying 4 decent players, we can buy 2 top quality players and still have a squad which can challenge for top 4 positions.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The other way of looking at this of course is the fact that we have young midfielders/attackers - ESR for example - who are promising and won't necessarily be thrust into main roles next season with Coutinho coming in. It's not ideal for me either (not that I'm all in on Buendia either, his numbers are good though) but I could get behind this if I had to. Coutinho at the very least adds more technical quality - and increases our shot volume :lol:.

Exactly, AM cannot do both, act as if they'd care for hale end and the kids and believe in them whilst at the same time cry out for 6 signings to block each and every path.

Coutinho has the perfect age, is very experienced and the kids can learn from that.
Has huge upside, might be relatively cheap considering his quality etc ..

Anybody telling me a prime Coutinho at Liverpool would not be worth a loan, needs to get their head checked.

And maybe, within 1-2 years, ESR ends up beeing the best performing kid in the league - I would not be so surprised, not seen seen anyone more talented in his position.

That 8th place and how far we are away from the other teams is also poverty.

If you're serious about evaluating our team in an objective manner, you don consider this season as a whole, with a complete internal breakdown under Emery, without effective training sessions, any cohession, any tactical setup and drive and so much more.

Arteta came 6th in his league, 1 point off the others from 5-3 and you know we've been robbed by many many points due to laughable referees. We had more injuries than anybody which made it impossible for Arteta to even play the way he wanted.
We will also get Martinelli back at some point who's already forgotten by some of you bums again.

We don't have an inferior team to ManU, Chelsea, Tottenham or Leicester right now, Arteta wont just simply be fixing a broken spirit and team within a few days.

There's a big difference between a **** squad and a very very unbalanced squad but again, some people don't seem to ever watch football, but just post on AM to moan.

If you fix a few positions in the team, we will look a completely different side and all the other players will look way better as well.

Last edited:

idan

whats the point of this loan if we wont buy him?
we wont get top4 this season with or without Coutinho.
so we will pay a big salary,loan fee and at the start of next year
we wont have top4 or the player.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Can't afford to cover all postions we need, i.e CM, CB, WF & CAM, so we're loaning one as it will be a smudge on the transfer budget.

That's literally the only way I can see it.

Positive vibes only

Coutinho player of the season next season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I don’t look at the passport of people; I look at their quality and their attitude.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom