• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Quote my words, more than half of this people claiming for Coutinho Will be moaning because he doesn't suit LW in 433 and he doesn't trackback or make a single tackle. Everyone hating Özil for that and then you claim for a player with the same weakness. Not suited for 433 and doesn't like to defend.

Kloop must be an idiot for not keeping him right... The wise people is here, right in this forum... All hail the Coutinho lovers! The world isn't prepare for your manager skills

Goonger

This is him when he's meant to be rubbish by the way. Yeah, given our 8th place finish and our great creativity & goals from midfield, why would we want someone like this? :mad:

GDeep™

League is very weak
Seriously though, this is the lowest I can ever remember Arsenal. When you think things can’t get worse, they do ffs.

The decline is massive.

GDeep™

League is very weak
This is him when he's meant to be rubbish by the way. Yeah, given our 8th place finish and our great creativity & goals from midfield, why would we want someone like this? :mad:

You sound like you want him to smash your backdoors in ffs? Calm down.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes

Some AM folks will look so stupid in a year, looking back at what Coutinho's provided for us in a loan.

Happy Arteta got the player he wanted, if it goes through.
All I care about now, is that he can implement his ideas and for that, he's gotta get the players he asks for.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Depends what conversation we're having

Can Coutinho help you get top 4? Yes
Can Coutinho help you have a season like Liverpool's last two? No

We're in a sh*t situation with sh*t options because of how the club's been run. Don't think as a one season thing this is as bad as people are painting. No doubt I'd love to not be in this situation but we are where we are.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

For me what I don’t get about this signing is despite his xA numbers he’s not a creative attacking midfielder. He fits more naturally in a counter attacking team.

The problem we have right now is that our front line is completely separated from our midfield.

A Pepe/Lacazette/Auba frontline offers nothing in terms of buildup and because we only have sitting midfielders we can’t advance the ball.

Coutinho if he comes wouldn’t solve that, he likes to stay high up the pitch and his strongest skill is shooting.

Zaha, Grealish, Partey, Buendia and Benrahma are all very different types of players but the numbers show they’re great possession players who are natural at linking attack and midfield through carrying the ball or aggressive passing.

At this stage I’m praying the loan is almost a freebie because he doesn’t really solve our problems. If we can beef up midfield I’m all for it as he will get us goals but if this is our one creative midfield signing we’re in serious trouble.
Yeah agree Coutinho won’t solve that, but the problem with Grealish and Zaha is that while they might help the buildup they aren’t really helping a lot in terms of goals, which we’d need from LW if Auba is to play up front. Benrahma might offer both though but is more of a risk and would probably be hard to get if Brentford wins the promotion. Still rather we held out for that and tried.

Really hope we add to midfield.
Xhaka-Partey-Buendia or Grealish/Aouar-Partey-Ceballos feels like fairly well balanced options that adds what need (on paper at least). As do Grealish/Aouar/Buendia in front of a Xhaka/Ceballos-Partey base.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Some AM folks will look so stupid in a year, looking back at what Coutinho's provided for us in a loan.

Happy Arteta got the player he wanted, if it goes through.
All I care about now, is that he can implement his ideas and for that, he's gotta get the players he asks for.

That's a good point really, I don't care what players we sign so long as Arteta is the one who wanted them. Provided we win tomorrow I expect a summer of targets suited to Mikel, he goes on about the plan and future of the club and is so particular in transfers.

Talks about PL experience as well which Coutinho has. I think the board and Kroneke's are much closer to Arteta then they were Emery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation
Top Bottom