• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Philippe Coutinho

Do you want Coutinho to join Arsenal On Loan?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You turn it down because we can't afford the transfer. It would be a loan fee and silly wages for one year in a position where he blocks all our youth.

Oh yes because we have a lot of really creative youth players coming through bro. :lol:

We created almost as many big chances as KDB alone this season... a whole squad.

The wages are being subsided. In terms of an option to buy it wouldnt be massive. And even if its around £50M if he does very well you take it.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Actually so fed up with people digging out Mari and Cedric. Cedric was a free player brought in to be backup right back, probably on very low wages.

Mari has played 114mins of league football and is being shamed already.
Cedric is a 29 year old given a 4 year contract when we have Bellerin and AMN.

Mari is a 27 year old who has never played top flight European football and had to go to Brazil. Looks like a statue.

Both very questionable acquisitions, what you fed up with? AMN looks out of this world at full back, why sign some bum from Southampton and give him a 4 year deal?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Cedric is a 29 year old given a 4 year contract when we have Bellerin and AMN.

Mari is a 27 year old who has never played top flight European football and had to go to Brazil. Looks like a statue.

Both very questionable acquisitions, what you fed up with? AMN looks out of this world at full back, why sign some bum from Southampton and give him a 4 year deal?

Out of this world? Not so sure on that one pal. Id agree he is our best right back option. But I can see either him or Bellerin leaving this summer. Cedric as backup is fine.

Mari will be a 3rd or 4th choice CB for us this season, which is also fine.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Out of this world? Not so sure on that one pal. Id agree he is our best right back option. But I can see either him or Bellerin leaving this summer. Cedric as backup is fine.

Mari will be a 3rd or 4th choice CB for us this season, which is also fine.
Everything is fine to you. Tell me how we ended up 8th this summer after spending a record breaking amount of money last summer? Against the poorest opposition in many years.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Everything is fine to you. Tell me how we ended up 8th this summer after spending a record breaking amount of money last summer? Against the poorest opposition in many years.

It is because I can see a path.

Got to stop going on about the record breaking summer we had. Tierney and Saliba made up over 50M of that summer and one was on loan the other hardly featured until after the lock down.

So we essentially had Luiz and Pepe for the first team. Ceballos was dog crap under Emery and Pepe was consistently benched.

Poor results against poor opposition either came from not creating enough or individual mistakes. Main players who make mistakes in this team are Luiz, Mustafi, Kolasinac and Xhaka. We are looking at liminating 3 of those problems for next season AND adding creativity. So youre stopping most individual mistakes and adding something else to win games.

There's a lot of reasons we came 8th and our transfer window certainly wasnt the issue.

Malky

Established Member
Actually so fed up with people digging out Mari and Cedric. Cedric was a free player brought in to be backup right back, probably on very low wages.

Mari has played 114mins of league football and is being shamed already.
So why should we accept crap players just because they fill up squad spaces? Just because he's back-up that makes him an "Ok" signing? If AMN leaves and Bellerin picks up another injury Cedric is our only RB option. Why not go and sign a young prospect for back-up? They'll make mistakes when called upon, but atleast there's a possibly high reward, where do we get that with Cedric at 29 years old? We're stuck with him until he's 33, FFS.
As for Mari, should we be excited about a painfully slow looking 27 year old CB from Brazil? Is he the man we're relying on to be our answer to Van Dijk or Laporte?
If you want to be happy with the mediocre crap we're being given then that's fine, some of us just want better.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
So why should we accept crap players just because they fill up squad spaces? Just because he's back-up that makes him an "Ok" signing? If AMN leaves and Bellerin picks up another injury Cedric is our only RB option. Why not go and sign a young prospect for back-up? They'll make mistakes when called upon, but atleast there's a possibly high reward, where do we get that with Cedric at 29 years old? We're stuck with him until he's 33, FFS.
As for Mari, should we be excited about a painfully slow looking 27 year old CB from Brazil? Is he the man we're relying on to be our answer to Van Dijk or Laporte?
If you want to be happy with the mediocre crap we're being given then that's fine, some of us just want better.

Maybe you should look at things logically before spewing an unholy amount of codswallop.

Why wouldn't we sign for example Max Aarons as a back up right back? He is valued at £20M. There's your answer right there, we have more pressing issues in the squad to spend low funds on. Cedric was a cheap easy way to get one problem sorted. He has AMN and Bellerin ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mari was never meant to be our VVD, he cost 7m :lol::lol: hes 3rd or 4th choice and has hardly played yet. Bit harsh to pass judgement on someone you've barely seen?

Malky

Established Member
Maybe you should look at things logically before spewing an unholy amount of codswallop.

Why wouldn't we sign for example Max Aarons as a back up right back? He is valued at £20M. There's your answer right there, we have more pressing issues in the squad to spend low funds on. Cedric was a cheap easy way to get one problem sorted. He has AMN and Bellerin ahead of him in the pecking order.

Mari was never meant to be our VVD, he cost 7m :lol::lol: hes 3rd or 4th choice and has hardly played yet. Bit harsh to pass judgement on someone you've barely seen?
Could possibly get Aarons slightly cheaper now with Norwich relegated, but you're contradicting yourself, are you not? You're against us signing a premiership proven young RB that could sort that position for the next decade (sell one of Bellerin/AMN) but you're happy with the club spending £7M (seen a few places saying its more than that) on a 3rd or 4rth choice CB, who, lets be honest, other than Saliba he doesn't look like an upgrade over the rest of the **** we currently have in that position only difference is he's left footed.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Could a Xhaka Ceballos double pivot work with Coutinho as AM?

Need to keep my Zaha at LW dreams alive for a little while longer.
The most unbalanced midfield in the league again... That's why I wanted Buendia in a 3 midfield because he helps defensively in the mid. Coutinho defensively is the same problem with Özil... I give him 2 months to everyone hating Coutinho because he doesn't track back or make a single tackle

yorch44

Congratulations people, this club is officially the little bittch of Raul and KIA!! This mafia is going to ruin this team. Poor Mikel having to deal not only with players but corrupted board.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Ødegaard
Arteta talks so much about wanting specific players he wants but yet another Kia signing. This is depressing stuff. Kia FC

yorch44

Arteta talks so much about wanting specific players he wants but yet another Kia signing. This is depressing stuff. Kia FC
I know... I am about to quit with this club. Depressing the way they are stealing in front of us. Instead of doing things like Dortmund they go and make money. Poor Wenger, he must be crying. We let the cancer and corruption go inside the house.

sdotzdot

Established Member
I don’t buy this, up until 2014 we have the lowest net spend in the PL.

Also, we finished 2 points off top 3 last season, spent a record breaking amount in the summer but ended up 8th in the worst PL season ever. Don’t talk to me about Wenger? That’s a cop out.
You seriously believe that the situation were in as a club is due to just a couple bad (debatable) transfer windows in recent time? Even if you want to go down that route, the failures in windows extend to Gazidis and his late duds of Perez, Mustafi, Xhaka and of course cannot forget Agent Cech being the sole player one summer, the list is a long one.

but forget about just the transfers, this club has been on a steady decline for a long time, anyone could see this is where we were heading with the questionable decisions from top to bottom combined with the soft mentality of the players (also due to the culture at the club rather than solely on players themselves).

I’m not blaming this solely on the late Wenger/Gazidis era, but I’m also not willing to accept this is a recent problem that occurred due to just transfers, club has been rotten for a long time and this decline was coming. Issues at our club are deeper and it will take time to recover from all those years and all those issues, signings like these can help the process since were not a cash heavy club.

GDeep™

League is very weak
I know... I am about to quit with this club. Depressing the way they are stealing in front of us. Instead of doing things like Dortmund they go and make money. Poor Wenger, he must be crying. We let the cancer and corruption go inside the house.

I don’t think people like Wenger and sit and cry though, they move on to the next adventure, he is probably keeping himself busy doing other stuff. Sitting and crying is for the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry
Top Bottom