• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

roz

Fake News Merchant
So let me get this straight. Arsenal can basically never have as good as striker as Juventus or Bayern, as those teams have won 8-9 years in a row in their series which mean they will have more wins than Arsenal now and likely in the future too as EPL is so tough.

Even if Arsenal buys Mbappe, Messi or such a player, and Arsenal will lose more than Bayern or Juve, so Mbappe or Messi will be worse than any striker that plays for those teams.

This logic is bullet-proof! Wow, I'm amazed!
We’ve had better strikers than those teams at various points, Henry, RVP, DB, Sanchez, Anelka etc..

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
No you just went off with some waffle starting with “let me get this straight”
You did say that "It's not about how many goals a player scores, its about how many matches you as a team win."

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

We’ve had better strikers than those teams at various points, Henry, RVP, DB, Sanchez, Anelka etc..

So was it because we were winning more games back then?

According to you Giroud was the best central forward in the World Cup (with 0 goals), because France won it/won most games. Better than Lewandowski etc.

This is just priceless.

roz

Fake News Merchant
You did say that "It's not about how many goals a player scores, its about how many matches you as a team win."
I did. I definitely wasn’t implying what that drippin guy was saying though.

Like I said earlier, Aubameyang’s best games come when we play as a deeper defensive side that looks to hit teams on the counter, like we did vs City.
When we try to play more open and expansive we tend to struggle. Part of that in my view is that Aubameyang needs better players around him in order to offset his lack of creativity & general build up play. This is why some people consider him limited. Its also why none of the bigger clubs went in for him prior to his move here.

roz

Fake News Merchant

According to you Giroud was the best central forward in the World Cup (with 0 goals), because France won it/won most games. Better than Lewandowski etc.

This is just priceless.
Giroud was excellent in the world cup. Was he the best striker for that tournament?
Not sure, It doesn’t really matter as France won the competition in part thanks to the work of Giroud and the way the team played within a system.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

This is just priceless.
I just had to click another thread :lol:

Only here could we have a World Class player who is doing what we signed him for and there would be accusations of him being limited...

or suggest we would be better off with clearly inferior players

Everyone is free to think what they want I guess. A part of me kinda wishes Aubameyang left so we could see what the club would look like.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

I just had to click another thread :lol:

Only here could we have a World Class player who is doing what we signed him for and there would be accusations of him being limited...

or suggest we would be better off with clearly inferior players

Everyone is free to think what they want I guess. A part of me kinda wishes Aubameyang left so we could see what the club would look like.
I guess we should sell him and buy Edouard like AM wanted a few months ago :lol:

roz

Fake News Merchant
Much of football is subjective, if everyone had the same opinion on everything the world would be a very boring place. Some of you would do well to remember that before going out of your way to try & ridicule someone else’s opinion. Just saying.

drippin

Much of football is subjective, if everyone had the same opinion on everything the world would be a very boring place. Some of you would do well to remember that before going out of your way to try & ridicule someone else’s opinion. Just saying.

Well you didn't back your claim with debate, just said I talked nonsense, while I pointed out the fault in the logic in your sentence.

But yeah, you heard it on AM, Kevin Volland is better striker than Auba because Leverkusen won more games (5 more! with 4 less matches) in Bundesliga than Arsenal in EPL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Auba is a limited footballer...compared to the best strikers now like Benzema or Lewa, or our best strikers from the past like Henry or RVP.

He is a very old fashioned type of striker, which I think why people don't rate him that highly...forwards these days are like Frimino type players, strikers who do a lot of work for the team (some still put up great stats) but they mainly care about getting involved in the build up now, their all round performances matter to them...even Pep changed Aguero's game, as he was a bit of a box striker like Auba, albeit a better one...it's what managers want now.

Pierre wakes up at the start of every season thinking "I don't care how I play, I don't care about dribbling, I don't care about my touch map or any of that nonsense, all I want is to win the golden boot this year...I don't care if all the goals are 1 yard tap ins, I just want to be top scorer...I want to have the best numbers in the world."

And he will think like this until he retires!

He isn't a world class individual player, but he is a world class systems player, in the right formation/team he is amazing...put him in our 2015 team, when we had prime Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil...you are looking at guaran-damn-teed top scorer.

Think of how crazy the last 3 seasons have been since he got here...managers leaving, constant shifting around in the boardroom, probably our least creative team I have seen...in his 2 full seasons, wins the golden boot and finishes 2nd the next season...amazing.

drippin

Auba is a limited footballer...compared to the best strikers now like Benzema or Lewa, or our best strikers from the past like Henry or RVP.

He is a very old fashioned type of striker, which I think why people don't rate him that highly...forwards these days are like Frimino type players, strikers who do a lot of work for the team (some still put up great stats) but they mainly care about getting involved in the build up now, their all round performances matter to them...even Pep changed Aguero's game, as he was a bit of a box striker like Auba, albeit a better one...it's what managers want now.

Pierre wakes up at the start of every season thinking "I don't care how I play, I don't care about dribbling, I don't care about my touch map or any of that nonsense, all I want is to win the golden boot this year...I don't care if all the goals are 1 yard tap ins, I just want to be top scorer...I want to have the best numbers in the world."

He isn't a world class individual player, but he is a world class systems player, in the right formation/team he is amazing...put him in our 2015 team, when we had prime Sanchez, Cazorla and Özil...you are looking at guaran-damn-teed top scorer.

Think of how crazy the last 3 seasons have been since he got here...managers leaving, constant shifting around in the boardroom, probably our least creative team I have seen...in his 2 full seasons, wins the golden boot and finishes 2nd the next season...amazing.

We got a telepath in our midst, cool!

roz

Fake News Merchant
Well you didn't back your claim with debate, just said I talked nonsense, while I pointed out the fault in the logic in your sentence.

But yeah, you heard it on AM, Kevin Volland is better striker than Auba because Leverkusen won more games (5 more! with 4 less matches) in Bundesliga than Arsenal in EPL.
Yes I did, read back through the thread. You’re taking nonsense again bringing Kevin Volland into this.

Oxeki

Trusted ⭐

Stick Auba in the Madrid team, I'd back to outscore Benzema. Stick him in the Bayern team and I'd back him to be neck and neck with Lewa.

If he played for a better team than us, I swear AM would wanking to him.

The reason most fans don't rate him because we take him for granted. We feel he's not that important to us because we're at a low point.

I saw a post sometime ago that we should bring in milik to replace Auba because he would 'improve our all round play' :lol:

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐

This is just priceless.

Are you guys purposely misinterpreting that sentence or do you genuinely not get what he meant?

I don't agree with it in this case, but it's a perfectly valid opinion, nothing ridiculous about it.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

If he played for a better team than us, I swear AM would wanking to him.
This is it for me. Place him in any team in the world this guy is scoring - this is the definition of World Class. Way too much focus on what he doesn't do (which is a short list).

This limited stuff, its bullocks honestly.

Macho

Dusted 🔻

This forum is funny in that if you're not a 5 foot pass merchant you're considered limited.
This isn't the only way to play guys honestly, its ok to be fast, strong and good at scoring I promise.

drippin

Are you guys purposely misinterpreting that sentence or do you genuinely not get what he meant?

I don't agree with it in this case, but it's a perfectly valid opinion, nothing ridiculous about it.

He should have said it in very different way than that. That sentence is nonsense like I have pointed out with arguments. He could have just explained it rather than saying I talk nonsense.

Of course it matters if your team wins more and you're a team player and not just scoring. And Auba is a team player btw, just has a bit different great qualities than some other top strikers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

It works. I am just waiting until everyone has copied it, then I shall come up with something new.

Herbert Chapman on the famous WM formation

Latest posts

Top Bottom