• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
This forum is funny in that if you're not a 5 foot pass merchant you're considered limited.
This isn't the only way to play guys honestly, its ok to be fast, strong and good at scoring I promise.
Let's bring in Morata. Apparently he is better on the ball than Auba.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Are you guys purposely misinterpreting that sentence or do you genuinely not get what he meant?

I don't agree with it in this case, but it's a perfectly valid opinion, nothing ridiculous about it.
He clearly said it's about about the games you win as a team not the number of goals a striker scores.

But I think the logic behind that argument is a bit flawed tbh

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
He should have said it in very different way than that. That sentence is nonsense like I have pointed out with arguments. He could have just explained it rather than saying I talk nonsense.

Of course it matters if your team wins more and you're a team player and not just scoring. And Auba is a team player btw, just has a bit different great qualities than some other top strikers.

But your arguments are against a point he never made...

Player A is a limited player, but elite goal scorer, will give you around 20 goals a season.. Player B is a better footballer, but lesser goalscorer, will give you around 10-15 goals a season.. The point he’s making is that player B will make the team better and thus lead to more wins for them than player A despite scoring less. What happens at other clubs is irrelevant..

Personally I’ve always said people underrate how hard it is to score regularly, it’s not something that’s easily replaced.. Only way you can justify lack of end product in a striker(for a top club) is if his all round game is elite and there’s less than a handful of those player’s around..

Reactions: roz

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Player A is a limited player, but elite goal scorer, will give you around 20 goals a season.. Player B is a better footballer, but lesser goalscorer, will give you around 10-15 goals a season.. The point he’s making is that player B will make the team better and thus lead to more wins for them than player A despite scoring less. What happens at other clubs is irrelevant..

Personally I’ve always said people underrate how hard it is to score regularly, it’s not something that’s easily replaced.. Only way you can justify lack of end product in a striker(for a top club) is if his all round game is elite and there’s less than a handful of those player’s around..

Sure, if he had said that fine. I just happened to read that page and the nonsense sentence and pointed out how silly it is.

It's pretty important to say what you mean rather than some clear statement which is very silly.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Anyone can have an opinion on any player and they're are entitled to it. But it's not even debatable that Aubameyang is by far the most important player at the club, one of the very best strikers in the world and we're very lucky to have him. Goalscorers are priceless, and this one is the most prolific in the clubs history.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Football Manager theories... Pointless, as this is the real stuff. If a criticism is based on some perfect alternate scenario, then it's folly imo.

roz

Fake News Merchant
He should have said it in very different way than that. That sentence is nonsense like I have pointed out with arguments. He could have just explained it rather than saying I talk nonsense.

Of course it matters if your team wins more and you're a team player and not just scoring. And Auba is a team player btw, just has a bit different great qualities than some other top strikers.
You haven’t pointed out anything though.
Nor have you given a decent counter argument. You chatted nonsense about how we could never have a striker as good as juve, bayern etc based on my opinion which is not anything close to what I said.

Clearly it wasn’t that confusing as Krengon pointed out. Then again maybe it was hard for you to read too many words in a paragraph.

Done arguing with you now anyways, feel free to try and get the last word in.

roz

Fake News Merchant

Quite literally couldn’t have put it better myself :lol:

GDeep™

League is very weak
You didn’t, roz did - but you did say you didn’t rate Auba.
As a top of the list striker, yeah I don’t, nobody does. Look at 70% Mbappe yesterday, Auba can’t play like that.

Auba is a great finisher, puts up the numbers consistently, like Vardy, Lukaku etc.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
As a top of the list striker, yeah I don’t, nobody does. Look at 70% Mbappe yesterday, Auba can’t play like that.

Auba is a great finisher, puts up the numbers consistently, like Vardy, Lukaku etc.
He's not that sort of 'striker'. He's primarily a goalscorer. Problem here is the usual case of people stickig to their guns from day one and just refusing to acknowledge that they didn't think he'd be as prolific here, so now they shift their argument to basically 'Well... he's no Henry' :lol: It's no different from people maintaining criticism for a great defender who wasn't David Beckham when he got to the byline.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He's not that sort of 'striker'. He's primarily a goalscorer. Problem here is the usual case of people stickig to their guns from day one and just refusing to acknowledge that they didn't think he'd be as prolific here, so now they shift their argument to basically 'Well... he's no Henry' :lol:
I’m not part of that “usual case” as I know/knew he was primarily a goal scorer and will come here and and score with his eyes closed, which he has.

Im not downplaying him either, just that I put him a level below the very best strikers in the world.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Being sick at scoring goals is only a sin on AM. Limited player my rassclart.
Not really only an “AM thing”. There’s a reason no very top club has signed Auba. He’s NOT even playing CL, that’s the sin here, and he’s probably extending at a club that won’t get CL anytime soon.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I’m not part of that “usual case” as I know/knew he was primarily a goal scorer and will come here and and score with his eyes closed, which he has.

Im not downplaying him either, just that I put him a level below the very best strikers in the world.
I don't put him in the same category of player as M'Bappe. He was never that type and I knew what he was coming for, and he's performed well above my expectations--particularly when you think what he has around him compared to the best clubs in England and Europe. He's elite.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

Not really only an There’s a reason no very top club has signed Auba.
Right now its because of his age.

Before he came here it was because Dortmund did him dirty regarding the perception of him. Even I thought he had behavioural issues.

Make no bones about it, this guy was in his twenties and had the last 2 seasons he just had, he wouldn't be sitting here - you guys got that bit twisted majorly.

AM likes midget play makers in all areas of the pitch spear headed by Giroud, so yes it is an AM thing.

GDeep™

League is very weak
AM likes midget play makers in all areas of the pitch spear headed by Giroud, so yes it is an AM thing.
The AM crowd has been spoilt to be fair, Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, RvP etc. Even Ade who looked like a young Drogba ffs.

These are the best of the best strikers. When I saw Anelka I honestly thought I was watching the Brazilian Ronaldo in Arsenal colours.

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

The AM crowd has been spoilt to be fair, Wright, Bergkamp, Anelka, Henry, RvP etc. Even Ade who looked like a young Drogba ffs.
I know that is certainly the case for you, we both grew up watching Arsenal in a certain era - our Arsenal is different.

The amount of clamouring I've seen for Giroud this season and some of the names I have seen mentioned, I am not sure your explanation works for the typical AM poster.

People would call Wrighty a limited striker for eg because he wasn't a 6ft target man or a Spanish false number 9.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I know that is certainly the case for you, we both grew up watching Arsenal in a certain era - our Arsenal is different.

The amount of clamouring I've seen for Giroud this season and some of the names I have seen mentioned, I am not sure your explanation works for the typical AM poster.

People would call Wrighty a limited striker for eg because he wasn't a 6ft target man or a Spanish false number 9.

"Our Arsenal"

Ffs Macho :lol:

Reactions: roz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

If you love football, you love Tomáš Rosický

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom