• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang (Out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malky

Established Member
Other question is if we sell Auba who do we even replace him with?

Top class strikers don’t exactly grow on trees and even if there was one would he want to come here after we’ve sold our best striker and are sat in midtable?
Exactly! Some might say Martinelli but as much of an exciting prospect he is, I wouldn't want him leading the line for us week in, week out just yet.
At the current stage we're at, we'll have no chance at getting someone like Werner. Realistically I don't see us being able to bring in anyone that can offer us the goal scoring threat of Auba, ideally we just sign him up for another couple of seasons and hopefully Martinelli will be the one that replaces him.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Would happily accept Piatek this window if Aubs was off, if Arsenal were to sell in Jan, it's likely they already have a forward target on the radar and would be able to sign this window.

We would need a goalscorer, not a dud. Why would you want Piatek?

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
We should reject any move he need to wait until summer.
Really can't afford to lose him in winter without a replacement lined up. Have no idea who would be available, though. So I agree.

In summer I'd sell both Auba and Laca if Auba definitely wants to leave. Rebuild the front three by buying a top young striker and a left-winger who matches well with the attributes of the striker.

I would prefer keeping Auba one more season, though, as a lot needs to be changed about our squad and we need some top players to attract top talent. Auba is definitely thé quality/marquee player at the club now that Özil has fallen off.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
He has one year left in the summer and there might not be a move for him if this doesn’t happen now. I wouldn’t blame the club if they got rid of him now.

ChefMan21

I'd be really happy if we got Puig and Umtiti in return. The former reminds me of Iniesta - he was great against us in the friendly and looks to have developed since then - while Umtiti is an upgrade on pretty much every CB we have. I know the former has potential and is not ready made, while the latter has had injury concerns, but I think they are worth a punt if we can get them in January. Puig could be our new Fabregas and Umtiti our new Campbell in terms of potential and ability, respectively.

SingmeasongSong

Right Sometimes
The main concern with this is obviously the time of the deal. Coming in for our topscorer a week before the window shuts is just disrespectful.

They've known that they'd be in need for another forward for some time.
Hard to see many options that would be a good replacement. Zaha still seems to be the best for a rather straight swap, but sadly isn't on the market.

Would provide exactly what we need. Pepe and Zaha are just very different players. Zaha would add that directness and speed in transition that we need so desparately. He's unique and would still transform our side.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I’d be more excited by him leaving than staying tbh, to the point where I’m kind of praying that someone comes in with an offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom