• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Do you want us to sign him?

• Yes

Votes: 174 80.9%
  • No

Votes: 18 8.4%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Didn't say it was insurmountable. I said I personally think we have a better shot at winning the Europa League. To get top four we are completely reliant on the shortcomings of our competitors while winning the Europa league is all on us. I think we have better odds when the outcome is completely in our hands as opposed to when it's not. Does that make sense?

Well, Arsenal only has to get past Sp**s and Liverpool to get into the top 4. They still have Atletico Madrid, Napoli, AC Milan, Lyon, Leipzig, Villareal, Lazio and others in the Europa League. You're in knockout rounds. You can be eliminated at any point. If you are, that's it. And while there may be little margin for error in the league, at least if you slip up you have a chance to make up for it.

Also, Sp**s have United, Liverpool and Arsenal in their next three, so there's a lot of opportunity for dropped points for them. And Arsenal has a very favorable schedule at the end. If they're in form, 9 of the last 10 are games they should win (at Manchester United being the lone exception). So I'd say chances are better in the league (although hopefully they'll do both).

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Well, Arsenal only has to get past Sp**s and Liverpool to get into the top 4. They still have Atletico Madrid, Napoli, AC Milan, Lyon, Leipzig, Villareal, Lazio and others in the Europa League. You're in knockout rounds. You can be eliminated at any point. If you are, that's it. And while there may be little margin for error in the league, at least if you slip up you have a chance to make up for it.

Also, Sp**s have United, Liverpool and Arsenal in their next three, so there's a lot of opportunity for dropped points for them. And Arsenal has a very favorable schedule at the end. If they're in form, 9 of the last 10 are games they should win (at Manchester United being the lone exception). So I'd say chances are better in the league (although hopefully they'll do both).
As far as the Europa League, I'm only scared of Atletico, Napoli, Lyon, and Leipzig... And Napoli and Leipzig are playing each other in the Round of 32, so there's really only 3 teams in total we should be worrying about.

We'll still **** it all up. Some how, some way.

ClubLevel

Costa will do us in the final or PEA will if we don't sign him. It's worth spending the extra £10m to take him out of the Dortmund team if that means us winning it and getting the £50m for making champions league.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Mbappe? We were never getting thag wonder kid. He had Real Madrid/Big Money club written all over him.

Suarez, Higuain, Benzema? Yes, we screwed those three up. Now all of them are in top European clubs.

AVENTUS

Pathetic really 6th richest club in the world and we quibble over £10mil while the teams above us happily spend £80mil+ on players and we’re lead to believe we moved to the Emirates to compete with the big boys like Bayern financially. What a load of bullocks our biggest spend on any transfer is £50Mil, embarrassing when you think how much the club grosses and the profit we constantly turn over.

Being taken for mugs - All of us.

Form season ticket holders to fans who pay monthly subs for Sky, Virgin, now Tv etc.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I said at the stat that Dortmund are hard negotiators shown by the recent Dembele sale. So all we had to do is ask how much and pay the fee. They want £60 million. We just have to pay it, no use haggling.

Full backs and central defenders are going for more than £50 million. What is £60 million on a striker who scores goals?

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
As far as the Europa League, I'm only scared of Atletico, Napoli, Lyon, and Leipzig... And Napoli and Leipzig are playing each other in the Round of 32, so there's really only 3 teams in total we should be worrying about.

We'll still **** it all up. Some how, some way.

Those would be the toughest at this point (unless Milan hits some form). But I think the others pose a danger. Not many would have picked Ajax to make the final last year. And I think this year's field may be trickier to navigate. You just never can tell in a tournament format.

halfvolley

People need to calm down a bit. Sure this might fall through, but there's still a good chance it's happening. There's 3 days left and that's plenty of time to get this deal done. Especially since we're in a position to provide Dortmund with a replacement player. This will probably drag on until just before shutdown. Don't listen to garbage twitter muppets and clueless tabloid hacks. Nobody has any reliable information on what is actually going on in these negotiations except the few people directly involved in them.

DennisTheLegend

Gosh, these board members really know how to p*ss off their fans. They will haggle and haggle...and possibly fluff their chance at signing the guy or another club who are smart at this moment may steal Aubameyang with a £60M bid. Even if Arsenal sign the guy after all of this drama, they really take out the spark of excitement that could have been had they just signed the guy straight up and announced him.

So true, we drain our fans with these long transfer sagas.

Arsenio Venger

People need to calm down a bit. Sure this might fall through, but there's still a good chance it's happening. There's 3 days left and that's plenty of time to get this deal done. Especially since we're in a position to provide Dortmund with a replacement player. This will probably drag on until just before shutdown. Don't listen to garbage twitter muppets and clueless tabloid hacks. Nobody has any reliable information on what is actually going on in these negotiations except the few people directly involved in them.

BVB came out and said exactly what we all read. We don’t need to calm down. Arsenal needs to get their **** together. Every year it’s always “there’s still plenty of time.” How about being proactive for once?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

I cannot classify the moments of happiness and of sadness, but every defeat is a scar in your heart that you never forget.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom