• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester City | Saturday 1st January | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

What irks me no end is listening to the pundits on various podcasts is how they fawn over Man City showing that they are true champions by winning even when they don't play well, like Man United used to do, totally leaving out that they were gifted the game by the referees. I should have known better than to listen to the BBC Football Daily podcast with Ben Haines, Luke Edwards and Jobi McAnuff... They talked about Arsenal being soft! **** me I am in a bad mood again! Like Xhaka, I don't learn from previous mistakes... :facepalm:
I agree that Xhaka has no place in a (first) team with our ultimate aspirations - though he does have a place in the team as it is, on the bench and tbh I like the guys strength of character. Every team needs one. City get away with having one or more of them thanks to biased referees who think they can do no wrong, so they buy endless fouls, cards and penalties, whereas we don’t.

Anyway I don’t think we should accept decisions like yesterday and nor should we, as fans or a club.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Atwell with a kick on Gabby.
I know it was an accident, but why is walking so close to him when he is on the floor and wasn't that close to him during that phase.
He is really is a poor referee. Between this and screening him for the shot, he did a better job stopping Gabby than man city

Stuart Attwell is now on my list of top referee **** alongside Mike Dean, Moss and Atkinson...

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

No yellow card for this too. Pep tactical fouls didn't work with Gabi because he know if Martinelli go down cancelo will get away with only warning

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Problem is with Conte I think they are going to **** house their way through a significant proportion of games and win
They've been shíthousing their way into undeserved wins. Don't know how much longer that will last.
But Conte teams are renowned for going through long unbeaten runs even when playing poorly.
They're are heavily reliant on their front two. Any injury to either or both of them, they're ****ed.

I like our chances. But all we just have to do is be in the mix till the end of February. All our games from then on are all winnable games.

That being said, this team could implode at anytime. I'll wait till March to give a final verdict.

Plutarch

I'm sickened by yesterday's events. We outplayed an extremely strong Man City team with our best performance in a long time, yet came away with nothing. I'm annoyed at the refereeing and the way VAR didn't give us the clear penalty we deserved. I'm annoyed that Man City's tactical fouling isn't punished. But also, we had some self-destruction in the second half, and we have to avoid doing that. Xhaka really didn't have to make that challenge and Gabriel has to avoid a second yellow card, no matter how ridiculous the first card was. Trying to optimistic, before the sending off we were clearly and consistently better than the oil-fuelled billionaires, and not many teams can say that.

BIoodBrother

What irks me no end is listening to the pundits on various podcasts is how they fawn over Man City showing that they are true champions by winning even when they don't play well, like Man United used to do, totally leaving out that they were gifted the game by the referees. I should have known better than to listen to the BBC Football Daily podcast with Ben Haines, Luke Edwards and Jobi McAnuff... They talked about Arsenal being soft! **** me I am in a bad mood again! Like Xhaka, I don't learn from previous mistakes... :facepalm:
Not feeeling any calmer about this today…

As ever, the desire of the media to create a “debate” on the radio and in today’s papers has obscured the facts and reduced daylight robbery down to “unlucky Arsenal need to learn more guile”.

It was one of those games where you benefited from being there and watching how incidents played out and were handled in real time.

The only way a City player was going to get booked was for non football reasons, or if they pulled a knife and shanked a linesman. Meanwhile Arsenal payers were routinely booked for minor fouls that broke up a City attack. City barely had a serious chance on goal, yet its a VAR penalty the first time one of their players performs a swan dive under minimal contact. Ode’s strong penalty shout was ignored - even if you think it was a marginal decision and shouldn’t have been given (And at that point in the game you can see the argument) it had to be reviewed on screen, especially if you’re then going to revew Silva’s (at a later and critical point in the game). And if Ode’s wasn’t deemed a penalty, there is no honest reality in which you can go on to award City’s.

The fact that Xhaka could have made a better challenge (or not been born Xhaka) is frankly irrelevant and a diversion from shocking refereeing, useless VAR and blatant prejudice favouring City, who are apparently viewed by referees as being too good to lose, too good to suffer the indignity of being tackled and too good to be expected to perform on an even vaguely level playing field.

Also and whilst the second booking was a clear yellow the first was a classic random yellow issued to Gabriel (it could have been issued to any one of three or four players) for no reason other than to quieten down legitimate dissent for a penalty that should never have been given, thus doubly screwing us over.

The good news is that our (brilliant) fans clearly got to the City players - they know deep down that they have, as we put it, “bought it all”.

Guys, i feel with you and its definitely making us feel mad listening to these imbeciles of the narrative repeating media. They know nothing but numbers and results and act like robots accordingly.
Dont let the need to read and spend time with the game after the game (that i have too) let you get down.
Most important arent the lost/stolen points,
isnt the injustice itself,
isnt the moronic reaction to the injustice which makes you feel not seen,
its the amazing 55mins we played as an intelligent team and the 30mins of mentally strong defending as a team.
This now is already going our way.
This wasnt a one of Performance. Its the point where we're at in our development as a young team coming together over the last year but more so the last 6games.
We will be happy. We have a complete Team
Finally
Again

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
Not feeeling any calmer about this today…

As ever, the desire of the media to create a “debate” on the radio and in today’s papers has obscured the facts and reduced daylight robbery down to “unlucky Arsenal need to learn more guile”.

It was one of those games where you benefited from being there and watching how incidents played out and were handled in real time.

The only way a City player was going to get booked was for non football reasons, or if they pulled a knife and shanked a linesman. Meanwhile Arsenal payers were routinely booked for minor fouls that broke up a City attack. City barely had a serious chance on goal, yet its a VAR penalty the first time one of their players performs a swan dive under minimal contact. Ode’s strong penalty shout was ignored - even if you think it was a marginal decision and shouldn’t have been given (And at that point in the game you can see the argument) it had to be reviewed on screen, especially if you’re then going to revew Silva’s (at a later and critical point in the game). And if Ode’s wasn’t deemed a penalty, there is no honest reality in which you can go on to award City’s.

The fact that Xhaka could have made a better challenge (or not been born Xhaka) is frankly irrelevant and a diversion from shocking refereeing, useless VAR and blatant prejudice favouring City, who are apparently viewed by referees as being too good to lose, too good to suffer the indignity of being tackled and too good to be expected to perform on an even vaguely level playing field.

Also and whilst the second booking was a clear yellow the first was a classic random yellow issued to Gabriel (it could have been issued to any one of three or four players) for no reason other than to quieten down legitimate dissent for a penalty that should never have been given, thus doubly screwing us over.

The good news is that our (brilliant) fans clearly got to the City players - they know deep down that they have, as we put it, “bought it all”.
Delusional, insane stuff. Clear Pen, the officials did not cost us the match our manager and Xhaka did. City will laugh in our face that they played their worst match in 2 and a half months and still beat us at home, they should laugh at us. Losers deserve to be laughed at, losers cry about non existent ref conspiracies and moral victories. There are no moral victories in football just wins, draws and bitter defeat.

Farzad Stoned

I'm sickened by yesterday's events. We outplayed an extremely strong Man City team with our best performance in a long time, yet came away with nothing. I'm annoyed at the refereeing and the way VAR didn't give us the clear penalty we deserved. I'm annoyed that Man City's tactical fouling isn't punished. But also, we had some self-destruction in the second half, and we have to avoid doing that. Xhaka really didn't have to make that challenge and Gabriel has to avoid a second yellow card, no matter how ridiculous the first card was. Trying to optimistic, before the sending off we were clearly and consistently better than the oil-fuelled billionaires, and not many teams can say that.
The problem is the stupid Pl Var rule. In Europe the way the rule is written they would of given the Ødegaard penalty. But the Pl requires a higher standard of clear and obvious error. The Ødegaard penalty to me live looked like the keeper got the ball first, after many replays you see that he fouled Ødegaard well it is a mistake but not a clear and obvious one if it takes multiple angles and slow mo to see it. The rule was applied properly, the rule is stupid not the technology or the people applying it

andeoch1

Disgusted with officiating . It’s hard enough to beat Man City with 11 players but when we are down to 10 and playing against 12 it’s nigh on impossible. I’m gutted for the young men of Arsenal who deserved a result on the day. I hope this will strengthen their resolve and continue with the resurgence and resilience . COYG

Farzad Stoned

Stuart Attwell is now on my list of top referee **** alongside Mike Dean, Moss and Atkinson...

You honestly believe these refs have it out for us? They missed one penalty that only became apparent after a Zapruder type analysis of the film. I know we disagree on City’s penalty but that is routinely given in today’s game. At best we didn’t get a couple of 50/50 calls so what they were there for the having.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
You honestly believe these refs have it out for us? They missed one penalty that only became apparent after a Zapruder type analysis of the film. I know we disagree on City’s penalty but that is routinely given in today’s game. At best we didn’t get a couple of 50/50 calls so what they were there for the having.
I 100% believe we get treated differently by refs than other teams.

Whether they have it in or they think we're soft or whatever I dunno.

Farzad Stoned

I 100% believe we get treated differently by refs than other teams.

Whether they have it in or they think we're soft or whatever I dunno.
Against Leeds Xhaka got away with a potential redcard that wasn’t even called a foul. Why did the conspiracy not jump into action there? We are I’ll disciplined, both Gabby and Xhaka should of been smarter

Justin1986

Delusional, insane stuff. Clear Pen, the officials did not cost us the match our manager and Xhaka did. City will laugh in our face that they played their worst match in 2 and a half months and still beat us at home, they should laugh at us. Losers deserve to be laughed at, losers cry about non existent ref conspiracies and moral victories. There are no moral victories in football just wins, draws and bitter defeat.
Honestly just stop posting now , it’s so boring and repetitive and no one agrees with you , also the Chernobyl thing still isn’t funny today so don’t start that **** again

Farzad Stoned

Honestly just stop posting now , it’s so boring and repetitive and no one agrees with you , also the Chernobyl thing still isn’t funny today so don’t start that **** again
I care little or nothing for your opinion either keep crying about non existent ref conspiracies we can fix our own mistakes and chose not to

Dutch D

Well-Known Member & FPL Champion 19/20
I could only see the first half, thought we played incredibly well. Ødegaard incident didn't seem like a foul, but I guess when you zoom in properly you can see Ederson touch him not the ball. Couldn't see that on the VAR replays though. Think their penalty was too easily given, but it is typical Xhaka to be in that position and to allow the VAR to look at it that way. Diving sucks, and to me it was a clear dive, but the shirt pulling gives them an alibi.

Couldn't see what Gabriel's first yellow was, but his second was a yellow imo.

Gutted as we coul've won or at least have gotten away with a result. Proud of the team, though.

Farzad Stoned

I could only see the first half, thought we played incredibly well. Ødegaard incident didn't seem like a foul, but I guess when you zoom in properly you can see Ederson touch him not the ball. Couldn't see that on the VAR replays though. Think their penalty was too easily given, but it is typical Xhaka to be in that position and to allow the VAR to look at it that way. Diving sucks, and to me it was a clear dive, but the shirt pulling gives them an alibi.

Couldn't see what Gabriel's first yellow was, but his second was a yellow imo.

Gutted as we coul've won or at least have gotten away with a result. Proud of the team, though.
First reasonable post I have seen all day instead of reading drivel about ref conspiracy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal have got as much chance of being handed the title by Sp*rs as I have of being given the Crown Jewels. They are the last people we want winning the Championship. Now we mean to round off our season by beating Arsenal.

Alan Mullery (Sp*rs captain in 1971)

There is no way we were going to be beaten

Bertie Mee in the same game after beating Spurs and clinching the Double at White Hart Lane

Daily Transfer Updates

Friday, May 24

Thomas Partey will leave this summer. Arsenal have multiple targets lined up to replace him [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal are still in the market for a recognised #9 despite the recent good form of Kai Havertz [Fabrizio Romano]

The club may accept that the time is now to sell Emile Smith Rowe, with just two years left on his contract [The Athletic]

Arsenal may sanction a loan to raise Aaron Ramsdale’s value if they can’t recoup their fee for him this summer [The Athletic]

Arsenal are among a host of Premier League clubs hoping to sign Irish sensation Mason Melia (16). Melia, who is already playing first-team football for St Patrick’s Athletic in the League of Ireland, cannot move to the UK until he turns 18 due to Brexit rules [Evening Standard]

Juventus like Thomas Partey, and Napoli will try to sign him before June 30 as well [Di Marzio]

Bruno Guimarães’ entourage hope to receive proposals from at least two Premier League clubs, with the player’s priority wanting to remain in England. Guimarães’ £100m release clause, which expires next month, can be paid in three annual instalments. [UOLEsporte]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom