• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Loss PL: Arsenal 1 - 2 Manchester City | Saturday 1st January | KO: 12:30 GMT | BT Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz
On the matter of VAR:

1) if the referee can only be shown to be wrong by slowing the recording down it can not be a clear and obvious error

2) slow motion shows it to be a penalty

3) the referee's decision not to give a penalty stands

Discuss.
Don’t you know the Politiburo has established the party line that refs lost the match and not the guy who gifted them a penalty, or the idiot who keeps picking him. Look out as your sanity is about to be questioned.

trev

City fan come in peace, you were robbed yesterday, out played us in every department apart from our ref. I loved being little old City, don’t get me wrong it’s great being the top team in Manchester and wining cups. As for being the best team in premier league history, not so sure. Arsenal have played total football for far longer. Amazing fans, great team and awesome stadium. All the best for the remaining matches

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
Lads I'm sorry I visited Blue moon.

They put in a complaint against BT and their arsenal bias🙈🙈🙈

Macho

Documenting your downfall 🎥
Dusted 🔻

You're not even kidding wtf :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
BT Sport have the worst presenters/commentators in the history of football broadcasting, tbf.

But they absolutely do not have a bias IN FAVOUR of Arsenal, ffs :lol:

Farzad Stoned

We are in a bad way for the Cl spot being all but tied with Sp**s; facing a road match at WHL and Sp**s having 2 matches in hand. The players tried hard nonsense and ref conspiracies aside this was a huge blown opportunity. United, West Ham, and Sp**s all got full points. Plus we won’t see a City team that plays this poorly in the next ten times we play them. In good news we won the moral victory trophy yesterday, 3 points in 7 matches against the so called big Six. Let’s see what the lads do in NLD as a number of them really were spectacular against City. Tierney, Tomy, Ode, Partey, and Saka were special. Saka deserves special praise the man whipped Ake about all night. The NLD will be more do or die than usual thanks to this debacle

MartiSaka

Join my "Occupy A-M" movement here 🗳
Even city fans thinks they are getting a raw deal by the media :). Hopefully we learn from this, although the ref wasn't great there were things we did (that the top teams pool/ city wouldn't have) like CBs losing their heads and getting booked twice in 3 mins and missing open goals that cost us a point at least. These actions are so frustrating cause we played so well, we need to deal with the fact we might not get the rub of the green on some days with refs

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
And 150 pages about how they were robbed and arsenal were ****e.

dfcjvioine581.jpg

MartiSaka

We are in a bad way for the Cl spot being all but tied with Sp**s; facing a road match at WHL and Sp**s having 2 matches in hand. The players tried hard nonsense and ref conspiracies aside this was a huge blown opportunity. United, West Ham, and Sp**s all got full points. Plus we won’t see a City team that plays this poorly in the next ten times we play them. In good news we won the moral victory trophy yesterday, 3 points in 7 matches against the so called big Six. Let’s see what the lads do in NLD as a number of them really were spectacular against City. Tierney, Tomy, Ode, Partey, and Saka were special. Saka deserves special praise the man whipped Ake about all night. The NLD will be more do or die than usual thanks to this debacle
Interesting thing it is complete opposite of last yr where we had a reasonable record against top 4 but relatively poor against other mid to lower teams

Farzad Stoned

Interesting thing it is complete opposite of last yr where we had a reasonable record against top 4 but relatively poor against other mid to lower teams
You are right it is the complete reverse we played big teams well compared to this. What hurts the most is that we don’t play like this regularly and to play really well except for a couple of exceptions and to get nothing this one is a guy shot. And it really hurts in the standings

MartiSaka

You are right it is the complete reverse we played big teams well compared to this. What hurts the most is that we don’t play like this regularly and to play really well except for a couple of exceptions and to get nothing this one is a guy shot. And it really hurts in the standings
We do have a relatively young team and have lost composure after a 50/50 call has gone against us in a couple of these top 4 games this season. I am hoping we improve in this regard, but I kinda do agree with you that Xhaka is like an agent of kaos. He is meant to be our leader. There are games where we are in control and a Xhaka action leads or could have led (i.e.. that tackle against Leeds) to a bad result that then triggers further errors by other players.

Last edited:

Farzad Stoned

We do have a relatively young team and have lost composure after a 50/50 call has gone against us in a couple of these top 4 games this season. I am hoping we improve in this regard, but I kinda do agree with you that Xhaka is like an agent of kaos. He is meant to be our leader. There are games where we are in control and a Xhaka action leads or could have lead (i.e.. that tackle against Leeds) to a bad result that then triggers further errors by other players.
This my problem as that no other top 6 team would of tolerated Xhaka and all his mistakes, who else but Arsenal and Arteta. Gabriel was doing fine till Xhaka gifted away our margin, like you said instead of releasing pressure for his teammates he ups it and charges everyone up. This match reflects youth and I’ll discipline, yes there were a couple of 50/50 calls that went against us but we were battering City and if Xhaka didn’t do what he did we were the team looking more likely to kill the game off with a second. It was the complete turning point of the match.

The biggest problem with Chaka are his disasters are predictable, because he is the exact type of player the modern game will not tolerate. As soon as he gets done or loses the ball his machismo kicks in and he has to destroy the guy in 2 seconds. The football bodies have spent 30 years trying to prevent the Xhaka type players, so of course he doesn’t get the run of green, and of course he is more likely to meltdown in big matches against opponents who can pressurize him and dance around him.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Instead of complaining they should go to their own games and support their team. Even Pep think they suck! Bunch of plastic fan cry babies the lot. Praying the club is sold at one time to someone like Mike Ashley! Let's see how many City supporters are left then! Wish we could go back to the late 90s when they were in the third tier! That's where this rabble belongs!

Henry boi

Even the way city fans talk about this game it seems like it was their biggest game of the season, they know they were in a contest. At the end of the day that is all I wanted. This is how you truly measure improvement

ChefMan21

Even the way city fans talk about this game it seems like it was their biggest game of the season, they know they were in a contest. At the end of the day that is all I wanted. This is how you truly measure improvement
This is what matters to me. May not win against well-developed teams like City and Liverpool right now, but as long as we compete, then those wins will eventually come. (also gives confidence to the board, management, investors (current and potential) that we're not that far away and worth the time)

Barry

Definitely Not An Old Poster
This team really needs to get that 4th place this year, it will give them such belief and a huge platform to push on from... You can see that the quality is basically there now, we need a few key signings and consistency / experience now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom