• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 2 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers | Thursday 24th February | KO: 19:45 GMT | Amazon Prime

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Arsenal-Wolves.jpg

We're in a great position for top 4 and we're playing decently currently.
Our CF position is a big issue tbh. Laca has his strength but he's just not good enough to drive us to top 4. The most painful thing is if he gets injured, we're ****ed.

Wolves are a good side. We barely scraped by them a couple of weeks ago, but we're at home so I fancy us for this especially with us having a fully fit squad for this.

Screenshot-20220219-200737.png

Screenshot-20220219-200802.png

Screenshot-20220219-200818.png

Screenshot-20220219-201121.png

Screenshot-20220219-201250.png

Screenshot-20220219-201411.png

Screenshot-20220219-201505-1.jpg

Screenshot-20220219-201731.png

The starting XI for this game should be same as Brentford game. The only uncertainty is if Tomiyasu and Martinelli take their place in RB and RW respectively.

Screenshot-20220219-203402.png

Match Prediction

Arsenal 1-0 Wolves

samshere

Why so serieuse?
Our front 3 were terrible till Pepe and Nketiah arrived. Both Saka and Laca took too many touches. Martinelli and Tierney were lacking sharpness and did too many mistakes. We were just lucky with 2-3 near misses by Wolves, if they had gone 2-0 up in the early second half the game would have been over.
Yeah, it was close, but on the balance of play we deserved to win.

GoonerBoy19

We didn't win because we "we just lucky".

We won because despite not playing brilliant we dug in, kept fighting and knocking on the door and one or two moments ended in goals. Thats football. Small moments and combinations that clicked. Wolves did nothing but time waste the whole second half. Jimenez had a chance but no team scores every chance.

Wolves showed a lack of ambition a 1 0 and while a win looked unlikely, I think we always looked like we could equalise. It needed something from the bench but that's football also. We see it every week.

Agreed Wolves were trying to repeat what we did to them a few weeks back. At one point of time their bench were laughing at us. It was a well-deserved win for us. For some reason, our back 4 looked very shaky, especially the left side with Teirney and Gabriel. Ramsdale also did a lot of mistakes, maybe we have started expecting more from them and they need to maintain the standards which they have set.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

As Tierney said tonight, we got what we deserved, yes Wolves have been very good defensively this season so far but there is no way they should have just attempted to defend all night after their goal. Thats all they tried to do all night imo. Even their manager came out & praised us, said we deserved the win or something along those lines.

It certainly took us longer then what I was hoping for but we got the win & thats all that matters. We deserved the 3 points before them imo. Unlike Neves last game their manager didn't give 2 hoots how we celebrated & said they (we) deserved to celebrate like we did haha.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Agreed Wolves were trying to repeat what we did to them a few weeks back. At one point of time their bench were laughing at us. It was a well-deserved win for us. For some reason, our back 4 looked very shaky, especially the left side with Teirney and Gabriel. Ramsdale also did a lot of mistakes, maybe we have started expecting more from them and they need to maintain the standards which they have set.
Yeah Wolves were basically trying to play us at our own game however we had a big reason, we had 10 men.

Wolves are a very solid team. Much better than Nunos team. Jimenez in my opinion is finished. He just doesn't look the same player. Could be the injury, could be age (although he isn't that old think around 30). With a fit Neto, a better striker they will be tough compeitiors.

Sometimes defence can look shaky. I watch Liverpool a lot and sometimes I see VVD and Co look abit dodgy. Like the West Ham game. Its a young back 5 and will have moments like that. But providing they don't costs us too many points and we learn from them I'm fine with it.

All in all an absolute brilliant result. Still over the moon with it and we can sit back again watch this weekends football, although most are cup match and hope for other teams dropping points.

rockofcashel

Form guide for the last ten games has Arsenal third, one point behind Liverpool, two behind City

There's something special building, if the momentum can be kept going

Klopp took four seasons to win a title remember and he took over a team that had pretty much missed out because Gerrard couldn't keep his feet

Saliba is already on the way to add to the CB space.. Liverpool needed to find Salah, Mane, Van Dijk and Allison to win a league.. I think Arsenal have already sorted the keeper and CB position

Where you find a Salah and a Mane though, won't be simple..

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Form guide for the last ten games has Arsenal third, one point behind Liverpool, two behind City

There's something special building, if the momentum can be kept going

Klopp took four seasons to win a title remember and he took over a team that had pretty much missed out because Gerrard couldn't keep his feet

Saliba is already on the way to add to the CB space.. Liverpool needed to find Salah, Mane, Van Dijk and Allison to win a league.. I think Arsenal have already sorted the keeper and CB position

Where you find a Salah and a Mane though, won't be simple..
We need a star striker, a monster. Sadly I think Vlahovic was it.

Legend14

Established Member
Finally watched the game. Knowing the score made it easier, but the energy was unbelievable. I was still fired up at the end.

Midfield was fantastic. Best team effort I have seen all season. Every player, including the subs. wanted to win. So many hustle plays.

Well done and a well-deserved victory.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Our front 3 were terrible till Pepe and Nketiah arrived. Both Saka and Laca took too many touches. Martinelli and Tierney were lacking sharpness and did too many mistakes. We were just lucky with 2-3 near misses by Wolves, if they had gone 2-0 up in the early second half the game would have been over.

And Wolves were lucky they didnt concede a penalty in the first minute.

Had that been checked and we scored, Wolves would have been battered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

"Maybe we'll have a good surprise for you"

Arsène hints at transfer activity a day before the arrival of Mesut Özil

Latest posts

Top Bottom