• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Win PL: Arsenal 3 - 0 Southampton | Saturday, December 11 | KO: 15:00 GMT

What result are you hoping for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

You’ve taken great care to cautiously highlight a small number of good points from todays victory but there is not really much point as anyone who didn’t pray for a thumping loss will be immediately branded an Arteta loving zealot.

No grey areas on this forum.
Well, in this case I don't feel there is a need to be too positive. Still, I am happy that we won. Always nice to see us score goals. Especially the first one was a peach!

But like you say, that view probably brands me an Artetasexual and a general unintelligent lowlife. No grey areas allowed here!

Farzad Stoned

Self-appointed Deprogrammer for the Cult of Mik 🟥

Player:Havertz

Don't understand why Partey is the deep midfielder and not xhaka.
You don’t want Xhaka as your deepest midfielder he is a red waiting to happen as he has no pace to recover if he is out of position disaster coming. That is the crux of the Chaka problem he isn’t either a good 6 nor a good 8; it is like being asked do you wish to be stabbed in the groin or through the eyeball, it is not a multiple choice question you want either outcome resulting.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I remember when people on here used to make excuses for why we lost, now they make excuses when we win. Place is done. **** hole.

And yet I've got some cryptic 'looking for excuses' thing under my avi... The way it's worked out is poetic.
Let's wear our tag lines as badges of honour for fighting the good fight!

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲
Yes. We scored one nice goal playing out from the back quickly. Martinelli and Saka hit the uprights. It was closer to 4-0 than 3-1. Nice to see a win again. Doesn't change much in my view but always nice to score 3 and keep a clean sheet. Southampton are poor though and we half invited them into the game in the beginning. Once we scored it was pretty easy sailing.
Yeah I actually watched the replay. We started sloppy but slowly by slowly regained control and had a patch of nice Man City esque football. Worth the watch!

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Im happy with the win and I'll watch the full match tomorrow. MOTD highlights showed us scoring against the run of play and Ramsdale being busy again which is a negative. We need to start with confidence and on the front foot more often but it's game by game atm.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Problem with Xhaka is if he stays back he'll get in Gabriel and Whites way and takeover their distribution shifting our average position back as he's not in midfield
He only need to do his job of covering and pass from deep these things he very good at imo. Getting him up to pitch will cause lose possession alot like what happen today and get us exposed in midfield doesn't matter tho because Thomas been average lately so won't make big difference who should do job of holding midfielder both of them need to get performance to good level quickly.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The MOTD highlights were a little misleading, tbh... though they clearly wanted to do a piece on Ramsdale, so I could see why they showed all his saves.

Bar the first one, none of them were difficult saves...some would have been absolute howlers if they went in.

For anyone who didn't see the full match...

We started horribly for the first 15 minutes, the players were low on confidence and they were clearly nervous that Xhaka was back...then we scored and dominated.

First half alone, we could have been 5-0 up...Saka missing a one v one, plus Laca and Gabby ****ed up when though on goal...MOTD didn't show these.

Second half was all us, until Gabriel was subbed, dropped a bit after that...but overall, a deserved win, that could have been by more.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Its not just about shots. Martinelli & Laca failed to get shots off when they should have.

Saka who did get one off that was saved could have squared to Laca for a tap in.
Sometimes players just simply make the wrong decisions when on the ball, This young team seem to do it more than most tbh but they will hopefully improve. Well thats what i want anyway

Your 'football brain' seems to lack some understanding about making the most of situations?

Perhaps because these incidents do not show up in your stat wet dream you simply dismiss them & make out they didnt happen.

If not you simply choose to because you have an agenda.
Oh, I see, that's why you don't have a downer on Arteta even though we've been playing mid table stuff for 3 seasons, you're including all the times the players got near the opposition box and didn't get a shot off as goals we could have had. Fair enough.

So you're effectively rewriting the definition of 'big chances' and 'xG' in your own little head. Well all is clear now, my bad. What' you going to call it 'Blankety Bank's expected goal'? I bet we're a lot higher than the real xG table bro.

bergholt

Is it weird that our last two club captains have both been dumped from the job for ****ing up? Auba will be dumped for his "disciplinary" breaches, Xhaka was dumped for abusing the fans. To lose one is unfortunate, to lose two starts to look like a pattern.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

FGYrGI3WUAEVFY_

This might be the highest I've ever seen Laca on one of these.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
First game at the Emirates since covid, guess it was a good one to go to. Ramsdale and Tomiyasu were great, credit to the club for identifying them. Ødegaard was more involved in the game that he's been previously as well.

But the big plus for me was Martinelli. His best game for us in terms of decision making/linking with team mates. A good sign.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

It also says a lot about how phenomenally coaches West Ham is
Moyes is an experienced coach now and his time (and perhaps level) has come. I view him as the East London Emery - I just don’t think the fan base would accept him or someone like him and I don’t think he’d”succeed” as we u dear stand it, I certainly don’t see the point of switching Arteta for this kind of manager. We’re a very big club but with have suffered for years now with a sub optimal mix of ownership, management and funding. That’s not a criticism of Arteta, Emery or even Wenger (the only one of those I actively wanted sacked in the end was Emery), just a fact…

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
The passing network image is the exact positioning we take up when Ramsdale has the ball at his feet for the goal:

Martinelli------------------------------Saka
--------------Laca------------Ødegaard
----------------Xhaka----------------------
Tierney-----------------------------Tomi
------------Gabriel---White
----------------------Ramsdale

I also noted that Tierney didn't push up when we attacked. He tucked in and allowed Tomi to bomb forward which was interesting. However, if we were to be pressed better leading to us kicking it long, we essentially have no cf, so we lose the ball every time. It's also odd seeing us defend and having Laca in his own half, if we clear it, it doesn't stick. The opposition always occupy our centre backs with a striker for an out ball. So if we brought in a CF like Vlahovic, instead of Laca, would our shape change?

You would have to think that he wouldn't be asked to drop into the 10 spot. If you move Laca to the 9 spot, it turns into a 433 in possession so CM we buy becomes pivotal.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
Oh, I see, that's why you don't have a downer on Arteta even though we've been playing mid table stuff for 3 seasons, you're including all the times the players got near the opposition box and didn't get a shot off as goals we could have had. Fair enough.

So you're effectively rewriting the definition of 'big chances' and 'xG' in your own little head. Well all is clear now, my bad. What' you going to call it 'Blankety Bank's expected goal'? I bet we're a lot higher than the real xG table bro.
😂 i just like to try to see the positives bro . I see a young team who will have ups & downs. Life has been sh!tty enough tbh the last couple of years with the pandemic. I am really not looking to be going on a downer bout football.
Certainly not after a good victory.

mirrorstares

Still a U shaped pass map. Arteta must look at these and realise there‘s very little interplay between those front three.

Only Southampton will play like that against us tbh, that's why I don't see a lot to read on this one. Even our best goal involved a gross mistake by the Southampton defender who foolishly decided to allow Saka free and cover Tomiyasu instead. That's naivety.

The U is how we want to play, hoof it to the wings, find some crosses. All 3 goals involved crosses, our AM drifts to the right constantly so we can find the space to throw crosses, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Arsenal are the most beautiful club in England. At Man City and Chelsea, they will never have that class and style.

Marco van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom