• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Burnley | Sunday, December 13 | KO: 19:15 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Is it 2014 again?

Özil's quality always consisted on hi vision, football IQ and technique, so unless he's had a stroke we're not aware of, those attributes are not dimmed by time. Just because a corrupt soulless board and lickspittle managers tell you he's finished, it does not mean a thing unless you've sold your brain to the tabs.

Last edited:

Kav

Established Member
Manberg taking on an entire mod team and winning. :lol:

If you need him to be erm...physically unable to post then I know some people who could sort that out for you.

He reminds me of Agent Smith, from The matrix. Just when you think you got rid of him there are more... we are at what manberg#4 :lol:

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
If I'm a left back and I've no man up against me my job is easy. Hold my shape for offside and that's it. If I'm a left back and someone is up against me with support I'm in trouble. My mind is split between the man, the ball, my own position in the line, runners from deep and potentially covering my centre back. It's why we are so easy to defend against and instantly look better once our wingers are up against players with full backs in support.
This right here is why our wingers are completely struggling, especially Pepe. The guy loves those cheeky pockets of space to wrap his left foot around the ball and go for the far post. He rarely gets that opportunity. He has poor decision making and its just getting highlighted and worsened by the fact he has 0 options to pass to or no one taking away defenders or their attention from himself.

Iceman10

Established Member
When I knew Arsène Wenger’s time was up, I knew. When I knew Özil’s positives no longer outweighed liabilities I knew. When Emery’s time was done, I knew. Therefore I will not bring them up now as weapons with revisionist history against the current.

If someone genuinely wanted AW to stay longer, wanted Özil to not be sidelined, and didn’t want Emery fired, ok. Maybe at some time refresh us all with those comments on record, of course elsewhere, not to start something up here in this match thread. The stuff where in particular this sort of thing has now progressed to Emery over the last few days is crazy!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
When I knew Arsène Wenger’s time was up, I knew. When I knew Özil’s positives no longer outweighed liabilities I knew. When Emery’s time was done, I knew. Therefore I will not bring them up now as weapons with revisionist history against the current.

If someone genuinely wanted AW to stay longer, wanted Özil to not be sidelined, and didn’t want Emery fired, ok. Maybe at some time refresh us all with those comments on record, of course elsewhere, not to start something up here in this match thread.

Are you saying you e decided Arteta's time is up or it isn't yet?

ArtetaOut

As bad as we are these days, I don't think we're gonna lose to ****ing Burnley. Should be a narrow win for us or at worst a draw. But with Cone Boy's ****ty tactics who knows?

Iceman10

Established Member
Are you saying you e decided Arteta's time is up or it isn't yet?

We all pretty much agree that he is in a precarious position, will sink or swim based on results of next three matches. I would easily have cut loose by now if it wasn’t for considering what replacement we could attract and the risk of being in a situation where fans turn on them also within 6-12 months. It isn’t just a thing about our fans, it is more about pace of getting the squad right under this club ownership, i.e. very slow transition.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
I am very disappointed the David Smith account's been deleted or disabled or something. Can't see his posts anymore, of which he had over 25,000 since 2010. A part of AM died when whichever mod decided to do that. I couldn't even log in on David Smith due to an error, was unneccessary. Disrespectful.

You know whats disrespectful?

David Smith posting that Patrick Vieira 'was a passenger'

Should have been banned and deleted that day IMO :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
There again no time frame for Partey injury. But doubt we'll see him in December

Won’t be used as an excuse for Arteta, injury was exacerbated by his miscalculation. This match is a must win with whatever squad, it is the easiest of the upcoming critical three matches.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Won’t be used as an excuse for Arteta, injury was exacerbated by his miscalculation. This match is a must win with whatever squad, it is the easiest of the upcoming critical three matches.
You can put blame on medical team first but if Arteta ignore thier advice it's his fault thankfully the injury not serious just get him back when ready.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Win this (and the Southampton match) and Europe is back on in the league for us!

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Özil's quality always consisted on hi vision, football IQ and technique, so unless he's had a stroke we're not aware of, those attributes are not dimmed by time. Just because a corrupt soulless board and lickspittle managers tell you he's finished, it does not mean a thing unless you've sold your brain to the tabs.

At one time maybe.

All I've seen is declining ability, declining output and a player becoming a liability on the field.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Six pointer in the relegation struggle. Can we man up for this? Can Mustafi channel his inner Keown?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
At one time maybe.

All I've seen is declining ability, declining output and a player becoming a liability on the field.

Really? Alrighty then. In which case our entire squad is a liability and we should sell them all, every single one of them, and retire for the season.
Where you see declining ability, I see bad management. And Let's not talk about individual player performance this season, cause that would make a laughing stock of the manager and the board. Oh wait... it already has.

However, I wouldn't worry your little head about Özil, he will never agree to play for this club again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Women kill for love and men kill because they hate to lose

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom