• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Fulham | January 1, 2019 15:00 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Kolasinac and AMN are both far better going forward than defensively, same with Guendouzi, while we're playing both our strikers with Iwobi in their too. It's hardly that negative.
It's definitely not negative, personnel-wise... I'm just disappointed with how linear our play is with these setups.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Emery is playing 3 at the back to allow the wingback to be more offensive and bring some width.

We have also played 3 at the back when we've score 4 goals to Tottenham btw.

Didn't we switch to 4 at the back during that game when Mustafi went off?

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
Really want to hammer home how much better our build up with 3 at the back looks
When they spread out when we got the ball it just creates so many paths

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He would've played against Fulham at home if he was fit.

That wasn't the point of the post though. Whether he's not being picked for big games or whether he's simply out injured, either way we're not getting good value from our highest earner.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
Remember when Gibbs came out?
thats how i feel about AMN, good player, i just dont feel electrifying.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
It will be a struggle, but we are likely to win this one.

Dont see it as a back 5, rather as a 3 with the wingbacks pushing up to create width.

Interested to see how Fulham have learnt since our last match. I expect them to take advantage of our advanced fullbacks and high line with long balls over.

That is the go to tactic to take us out right at the moment.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It's really a shame that Smith-Rowe is injured, Emery has name dropped him several times this season and I think he'd be getting serious PL minutes if he was available.
I agree - Smith-Rowe seems the most ready mentally for PL games. I do think Saka can make an impact in the PL, even though I have my doubts about how ready he is. I just hope he actually uses these young players. Reckon they'll be better for his system in the end.

He's more talented than Gibbs mate.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
Really want to hammer home how much better our build up with 3 at the back looks
When they spread out when we got the ball it just creates so many paths
No. With 3 at the back our central mids/AM aren't ever deep enough to enable us to do much centrally. It's all pushed up and spread wide meaning we are utterly dependant on our full backs being potent and our centre backs distributing the ball up the pitch whilst being pressed by opposing forwards.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

The lack of creativity in that team sticks out. Laca and Auba the only saving grace in that line-up.

ksarp

When I look at Pool’s young and hungry full backs, I see a glaring difference with Niles..has reached his ceiling .

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
No. With 3 at the back our central mids/AM aren't ever deep enough to enable us to do much centrally. It's all pushed up and spread wide meaning we are utterly dependant on our full backs being potent and our centre backs distributing the ball up the pitch whilst being pressed by opposing forwards.

Don't have to be so deep down and instead be higher up to make middle and third type stuff!

With Laca up there we can even keep The ball up there...

chessygoal

I like that line-up. If we want to get top 4, we need our 3 best CB to start forming some sort of understanding, and Fulham at home is a good place to start.
As long as we play high on the pitch, we'll create enough to score a few.

ksarp

The lack of creativity in that team sticks out. Laca and Auba the only saving grace in that line-up.

Yup, I expect a stale midfield with Guendozi’s high ATOB (Average Time On Ball) . The only saving grace is that we will have a focal point of attack in Laca who can hold and bring in others.

Hopefully Niles displays some defensive intensity.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Lets get back to winning ways, anything will do.

Lets go Gunners!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

To all the Arsenal lovers:
Take care of the values of the club. My love and support forever.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom