• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Fulham | January 1, 2019 15:00 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HBL

Established Member
Either Özil is being frozen out by the manager, or he has actually had all of these reported minor injuries. Almost doesn't actually matter which one is the truth, in both cases we're not getting value for money.
He would've played against Fulham at home if he was fit.

MaraDon

Wants you to learn about football
It might seem annoying but when you think about it, there's not many other options unless you want to throw Saka in there. If Özil was still interested in playing for Arsenal we could've played 4-2-3-1 but outside of that, Emery's hands are tied due to injuries and the imbalanced squad he inherited.
Plus our 3 center backs can all use valuable game time, I agree with you.
Still it looks weird and it speaks volumes about our sheet administration this season.

Reactions: A_G

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
It might seem annoying but when you think about it, there's not many other options unless you want to throw Saka in there. If Özil was still interested in playing for Arsenal we could've played 4-2-3-1 but outside of that, Emery's hands are tied due to injuries and the imbalanced squad he inherited.
He should just play Saka then. Why have him in the squad just to be fodder? Is his name Elneny? :lol:

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
He should just play Saka then. Why have him in the squad just to be fodder? Is his name Elneny? :lol:
It's really a shame that Smith-Rowe is injured, Emery has name dropped him several times this season and I think he'd be getting serious PL minutes if he was available.

nas7232

Laca and auba with xhaka in mid field and some crosses from klosanic... i see alot of goals today. Decent line up with what we have tbh

progman07

Established Member
Guendouzi is mos def not a DM
Xhaka is critiqued for not being one by most here.. Kola to is critiqued for being not so great defensivly (i disagree but that is another debate...)

So 352 or whatever with 3 at the back is not inherently defensive!
Kolasinac has definitely shown his capabilities in attacking, but I don't see a change in his game when we are playing 4 at the back compared to when we play 5. Xhaka-Guendouzi, I agree that they are not defensive midfielders per definition, but they are not exactly attacking-minded either. Two holding midfielders who are good at the same things - circulating the ball and playing an occasional through ball.

It just feels like we could play 4-2-3-1 if Ramsey wasn't out of favour, such as:

Laca
Auba Ramsey Iwobi
Xhaka Guendouzi
--Defense--

But it defenitely shows as well that our squad is terribly short, we cannot replace Özil-Ramsey-Welbeck with any decent backups, so instead we play with more defenders.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Kolasinac and AMN are both far better going forward than defensively, same with Guendouzi, while we're playing both our strikers with Iwobi in their too. It's hardly that negative.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Glad Maitland is playing , be good to see him develop .
Mmmm hate to say it but he will never fully develop playing left back, right back, CM and right wing. Needs a run of games in the same position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Right from his very first match, when Patrick Vieira was as yet unknown to the English public, he showed just how talented he was. No one disputed his ability, and he gave me the credibility and the hold over the club that I needed to take it in the direction I wanted. He and Emmanuel Petit became a duo that would remain forever etched in the memories of Arsenal fans.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom