• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Liverpool, 04/4/15. 12:45

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiMamu

Part time Leeds fan
457602_1.jpg
3613236.jpg

But, on a serious note, I really like Chamberlain too. More my kind of winger than Sterling is.

Last edited:

BaZZe

Always Blaming Refs

Interesting question lad. They both scored blooters, but neither were great on the day. Both had average games, goals aside, IMO.
Don't agree there completely mate, Özil had many neat touches and skipped past the Pool players like they were nothing. Solid game from the lad!

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Interesting question lad. They both scored blooters, but neither were great on the day. Both had average games, goals aside, IMO.

edit: oh, collectively. I don't think so. I think we played better all round against a piss poor Villa with both in the side. It was Villa though.
Alexis didn't play against Villa.

Drebin

Bellerin should stop this unnecessary and stupid fouls. He was a little bit lucky today, he could have been sent off.

It´s not the first time he´s being lucky like that.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hopefully we've done Blackburn a favour, we batter Liverpool, shatter any confidence, they lose Can etc, ahead of the midweek away trip to Ewood Park.

If Blackburn beat Liverpool, we can be pretty sure the FA Cup is coming back where it belongs.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

How much has our pressing improved?

We pressed like that against Man Utd early doors, if Wilshere hadn't missed that easy chance it probably would have been 3 or 4. Pressed well against Tottenham at home as well. Finishing makes the difference.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
How much has our pressing improved?

A lot, imo. I think Wenger planned it from the start of the season where our pressing was excellent vs the two Manchester clubs, but we had a ***** such as Flamini and Per's lack pace to cope with, too, so we got done on the counter. Now the final puzzle should be to replace Per with Gabriel, and we'll be golden in home matches as we've seen over the last couple of months.

We press well at times. Then we drop deep, then we press well but not well as we started. That's one tactic we go for. Guess Wenger don't want to tire the players to much for final minutes.

Then you can see us drop deep from the beginning and press but at those times we have some very weird pressing game with defence dropping deep and attackers pressing one by one but not as team.

Don't think our pressing game will improve until we replace Mertesacker in the starting XI.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
If Blackburn beat Liverpool, we can be pretty sure the FA Cup is coming back where it belongs.

Wouldn't bet against Blackburn, or even Villa, beating Liverpool. Shows just how important Suarez was to their game, a massive loss that you cant replace regardless of the money you get/spend afterwards.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

edit: oh, collectively. I don't think so. I think we played better all round against a piss poor Villa with both in the side. It was Villa though.
Yeah fair enough, we smashed Villa.

EDIT: Just seen Alexis never played, you dirty dog.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Ramsey had a good game even if he was playing out on the right most of the time. Came away with two assists and was unlucky not to score himself.

MOTM was Giroud again for me. Ball stuck to him like velcro and not only did he look dangerous he made others like Welbz and Santi look dangerous as well.

Gooner_Stu

Established Member
My biggest regret about today, is that it wasn't the FA Cup Final. Would have been a wonderful farewell to Steve-G from The Arsenal. Oh well.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Your high-profile players certainly stepped up in a high-profile game, that's for sure. Dr. Melancholy with a peach of a goal as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

A team can attack for too long. The most opportune time for scoring is immediately after repelling an attack, because opponents are then strung out in the wrong half of the field. All the men are expected to play to plan, but not so as to stifle individuality

Herbert Chapman

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Arsenal have joined Manchester United in the race to sign Rennes’ 18 year old attacking midfielder Desire Doue [Ouest-France]

Latest posts

Top Bottom