• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Southampton | February 24, 2019 14:05 GMT

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
What if United gets a draw today and finishes the season a single point ahead of Arsenal with less goal difference? What if they win today and finish 2 points ahead?

You ask these questions as if 1 result is the be all end all. If we had won at West Ham, your scenario becomes irrelevant. If we didn't drop points against Wolves/Southampton/Liverpool at home.

This one game isn't the difference between us in the top 4 or not. There are plenty of other results to point to.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Özil hasn't completed 90 minutes since before Christmas, asking him to start again so soon after his first full game was unrealistic. He could easily be in the red zone as you said.

I expect that type of stuff from the fan boys but not from someone like you who claims to be on the side of facts and logic.
Oh . . . . .I thought overplaying mean’t playing too much. So a guy who has loads of rest can’t play again after 3 days. OK.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Same. Nothing like American advertising to get the blood pumping. They could make a series about a guy filing his taxes and I'd be glued to the screen.
I know right, its’s so subtle too.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Unai Emery Etxegoien's fanboy Mhki has just come back and is starting for the 3rd game running.
Apparently that’s not overplaying, only if the player has a rest before two games in a row. ;)

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Oh . . . . .I thought overplaying mean’t playing too much. So a guy who has loads of rest can’t play again after 3 days. OK.
Wenger would frequently rest players in their first game back after a lay-off to avoid overloading them with too much, too soon.

say yes

forum master baiter
Özil doesn’t play out wide. Not sure why people are comparing him with Mkhi when it’s clear he has been rotated with Ramsey who didn’t play on Thursday.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
You ask these questions as if 1 result is the be all end all. If we had won at West Ham, your scenario becomes irrelevant. If we didn't drop points against Wolves/Southampton/Liverpool at home.

This one game isn't the difference between us in the top 4 or not. There are plenty of other results to point to.

In the end, any point could make the difference. Both Arsenal and United have dropped a lot of points this year they shouldn't have. The important thing is what happens from here. That 4th spot may very well come down to a single point or goal difference. Why would you not want Arsenal to be in as good a position as possible?

Basically what you're saying is that you hate Liverpool more than you love Arsenal. That's not rational. Besides, are City or Sp**s as champions really a better outcome?

HBL

Established Member
Just seen their line up, hope we smash this side and Btec Klopp gets them relegated.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Would you rather Sp**s won it? I don't see City as all that attractive an option either. So which is a better final table outcome?:

Option A:

1. Liverpool
2. City
3. Sp**s
4. Arsenal
5. United

Option B:

1. City
2. Liverpool
3. Sp**s
4. United
5. Arsenal

Give me Option A.
Happier with option C
1 City
2 Liverpool
3 Arsenal
4 United
5 Sp**s
6 Chelsea

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
What are you going to say when he doesn't start against Bournemouth too?
If you look at the OP, I wanted Özil to start today too but it's understandable why he isn't. Saying he's been dropped is stupid imo, that's like saying Auba is dropped even though it's obvious they're being rotated in a busy period.

You'll have a point if he doesn't play on Wednesday night, but he probably will.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Captain Ramsey who’s leaving on a free. Why don’t we just pick a new captain who will be here long term? It’s just so weird with mesut and aaron.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Option C. City wins the league and Arsenal end up 3rd and Tottenham 5th.

Well I'll take Option D:

1. Arsenal

8. Tottenham

But I'm considering realistic outcomes here and the fact is that United and Chelsea are the clubs Arsenal needs to beat out for the top 4. If Sp**s falter and drop into the mix, that's cool. But Liverpool should not be our concern at the moment.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Captain Ramsey who’s leaving on a free. Why don’t we just pick a new captain who will be here long term? It’s just so weird with mesut and aaron.
True, especially Mesut. He isn't a leader at all.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
In the end, any point could make the difference. Both Arsenal and United have dropped a lot of points this year they shouldn't have. The important thing is what happens from here. That 4th spot may very well come down to a single point or goal difference. Why would you not want Arsenal to be in as good a position as possible?

Basically what you're saying is that you hate Liverpool more than you love Arsenal. That's not rational. Besides, are City or Sp**s as champions really a better outcome?

Its not an either or scenario. United could win today and then lose their next three games.

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
Happier with option C
1 City
2 Liverpool
3 Arsenal
4 United
5 Sp**s
6 Chelsea

That's all fine and dandy, but Liverpool should not be our concern at the moment. Our concern should be getting Arsenal in the best position to finish in the top 4. Hating Liverpool so much that you wish for Arsenal's position to be worse than it might otherwise be makes no sense to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Team picking is a complicated and scientific matter requiring expert knowledge

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom