• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 18/09/04

jasonlohkh

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/3647074.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 647074.stm</a>

Another record equaling if Arsenal win

goonerlove

Premiership record... I assume that means from when the FA established an EPL with 20 teams, etc. That was like 1993 or so I believe. Not a huge history buff, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Goonerlove

goonerlove

Bolton is a decent side and they are going to be angry after somehow drawing with ManU after taking the lead in 80+ minutes. This will be a good test for us.. probably the best team we have played this season save
Boro - and Okocha is simply one of the best.

Goonerlove

jasonlohkh

Bolton will usually plays with a 4-1-4-1 formation with Campo as a DMC and mayb Kevin Davies as lone striker. So we can assume that Campo will man mark DB10. But do remember that we actually control the match vs PSV at 1st half.Just that after the goal by Alex we start to ease up and PSV manage to find a way into the game.
How bout putting Reyes in DB10 role coz pace is Campo major weakness with DB10 as an out and out striker with TH14
Or perhaps employ Paddy as DMC with DM10 and Reyes as AMC with TH14 as lone striker with Bobby and Ljunberg on the wing. The formation is something like this:

Lehmann
Lauren Toure Cygan Cole
Viera
Ljungerg Pires
DB10 Reyes
TH14

kanuuu

Established Member
That site says if Freddy starts it will his 200th start for us, is that right? It doesn't seem like he's been with us long enough for it to be that many!

AFCG7

Established Member
This will be a tough game and looking at the way Bolton have played us in the last 2 seasons this will be a physical battle..they'll ty to kick us off the park as usual, defend as much as they can and try to nick a goal.
I figure we'll have to score early and control the game from the beginning, otherwise we'll have problems.
I want us to win but somehow i think this will end in a draw.

Mark

Established Member
This will, as always, be a tricky game. I'd like to see this lineup out there:

Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Pennant Gilberto Pat Freddie

Reyes Henry

Subs: 1. Almunia 2. Bergkamp 3. Edu 4. Pires 5. Hoyte

Bergkamp and Pires did not look too great against PSV, so I'd like to see Pennant given another start and Freddie start on the left after a MOTM performance against Fulham last week. I think we will win 2-1. Henry and Ljungberg for us, Okocha for them.

KingReyes

Established Member
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Freddy Edu Vieira pires

Reyes Henry.

Bergy will be given a rest and the same with Gilberto with Edu back in the squad replacing him. Reyes given the chance to shine again up front. Hope to see Pennant and RVP come on at some stage.

I think we'll win 2-0.

patrick42uk

Established Member
KingReyes said:
Lehmann

Lauren Toure Cygan Cole

Freddy Edu Vieira pires

Reyes Henry.

Bergy will be given a rest and the same with Gilberto with Edu back in the squad replacing him. Reyes given the chance to shine again up front. Hope to see Pennant and RVP come on at some stage.

I think we'll win 2-0.

the evening standard suggested that will be our starting line up, and i cant say i'm too happy about it. both vieira and edu have been unconvincing so far IMO.i know it takes games to get them back up to speed, but do they have to start together?

Ally

To be honest, Bolton are playing some of the most attractive football in the league right now. They're a pretty good Premiership outfit now who have a lot of solidity mixed in with some of your actual old fashioned class.

As Pat says, we'll have to be very wary. Three seasons in a row now we've had some pretty nasty experiences with Bolton at Highbury - 1-1 draw when Ricketts scored late on, 2-1 win only thanks to a dodgy Kanu goal with the last kick, and an edgy 2-1er last season.

Will be easily our biggest test so far.

Canuck

Established Member
Wanderers are def. one of the best teams we will have played in the EPL so far. They are on a good run right now with the players feeling confident after taking it to the mancs last weekend. Though we should be in defence crushing frame of mind after the PSV match. Hopefully we will be able to get the goals flowing again. I agree that Bergy will prob get a rest, and it will be nice to see Edu get the start. Maybe RVP will finally get some action after being on the bench midweek. I'm sure Vieira is looking forward to a premship match. He was in good form for Champsleague, so he should be intimidating Bolton midfield nicely. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that we don't concede any soft goals like ManU did.

kanuuu

Established Member
2-0 Iv got a feeling freddy will score, which would be unusual considering he played well last game, and the Freddy trend is to play one good game, then completely disappear for a month, then have a good game.....

slapz

The thing to worry about here is the defence and how they cope with the 2nd ball from the high balls into Kev Davies

Dennis Bergkamp deffo has to play this game as he can stretch Bruno and Jaidi by bringing them out of defence to leave gaps

As for Campo marking Bergkamp.... hahahahahahahahahaha. Campo is one of the worst tacklers in the Bolton team and many just walk past him

3-0 I think it'll be but to be kind to my Bolton mates who are travelling down to see the game, I'll say it'd be 5-1 ;)

A

Anonymous

Scrappy 2-1 but ill take it!
.........................Lehman
Lauran........Cygan......Toure.....Cole

Ljunberg........Vieira....Fabregas.....Pires

......................................Reyes
.........................Henry

n_henry

I think it'll be a tight game.. Bolton's been a tough fixture for us the past couple of seasons.

I think it'll be 2-1; Henry and Pires the scorers.

A

Anonymous

n_henry said:
I think it'll be a tight game.. Bolton's been a tough fixture for us the past couple of seasons.

I think it'll be 2-1; Henry and Pires the scorers.
Not only us,Man U and Chelsea and Liverpool.
Bolton 1 - 0 Liverpool
Bolton 2 - 2 Man Utd

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom