• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Bolton Wanderers | 18/09/04

Guns and Arses

It will be very tough to beat them. We have to be very strong defensively, and then we can win by a goal.

Prediction: either 1-1 or 2-1 to Arsenal, Ljungberg or Pires to score

tcs

i would go for 1-0 or 2-1.not be too suprise with 1-1 if players still suffered from physical tiredness.

jeromelee

I think it's possible that Bergy and Pires will both be on the bench. I hope upon all hope that Cygan will too but I think the line-up could be:

Lehmann,
Lauren, Kolo,Cygan,Ash
JP,Pad,Gilberto,Freddie,
Reyes,Henry

It's going to be pretty close game.

DOls

USArsenal said:
i dont care who scores... an OG will be fine... as long as we take the "W"

that's what I'm saying!

but I'm still hopping that we will be able to score and score a lot! ;D

efurze

I think Bolton's got a good chance of ending the streak. Pat's not 100% and we're coming off a tough CL match. If the team doesn't focus they're gonna drop points.

Oh, and the last thing you want to do against a 5-man Bolton midfield is play with 3 strikers. Please, no more 'Henry and Reyes up front with Bergy in the hole' posts.

skart14

Are we ever gonna see RVP play...i really wanna see if he can cut it or is he *touchwood* a dud...

beanz

I'm getting all my lucky stuff out and ready for the early kick-off, I think we may need a healthy slice of it to maintain our 100% winning record.
I'm not sure if it's a good match for Sol to return (if he is) as he won't be up to speed yet, but even so, he'll probably be better than the Cyganator (no offence Pascal)
Tough one to call, but I'm hoping for a non nerve jangling 2-0. :mrgreen:

leongsh

I'm uncomfortable trying to predict the final score for this match - probably Arsenal 2-1 Bolton. What I am comfortable predicting is that this game is likely to be very nerve jangling if Bolton Wanderers score first.

jeromelee

Read somewhere that AW's going to ticker with our lineup again tonite. He will be taking our Bergy and Gilberto to rest and use Edu and Freddie instead. Dunno how true this is.

quattro

bergkamp will probably be on the bench with reyes starting with henry. i love the dutch master, but this is a set up we have got to start getting used to the sooner the better. hope edu gets to start. that crazy solo run he did in the middle of the park against psv was f*cking hilarious and i think with a little luck he could've pulled it off. he was one of our best performers last season, no reason to think he can't be again.

come on you gunners!

thierrys_girl

Established Member
bolton are playing some very good football at the moment so i expect this game to be our toughest game so far.
good luck boys

sienna

lee1001 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004431203,00.html

"He said: “We have had a much more difficult start to the season than Arsenal.

“And in the next few matches we have Tottenham and Liverpool at home with Middlesbrough away, while they have games against Bolton, Manchester City and Charlton."

He has a point i think.
That's a load of bullshit. Have you forgotten last season in which we had to play Manure, Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelski, in that order? Moroniho have the bloody nerve in saying we have an easy run. We can only beat the teams we have been handed. Like we can pick the order in which we play teams. In this league you can never underestimate any team, whether they are Everton or Norwich.

thierrys_girl

Established Member
sienna said:
We can only beat the teams we have been handed. Like we can pick the order in which we play teams. In this league you can never underestimate any team, whether they are Everton or Norwich.

thats very true, we are not in control of the way the fixture list comes out. Also in this league like you said you can go anywhere and lose so you shouldn't underestimate anyone.

kutz

sienna said:
lee1001 said:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2004431203,00.html

"He said: “We have had a much more difficult start to the season than Arsenal.

“And in the next few matches we have Tottenham and Liverpool at home with Middlesbrough away, while they have games against Bolton, Manchester City and Charlton."

He has a point i think.
That's a load of bullshit. Have you forgotten last season in which we had to play Manure, Newcastle, Liverpool and Chelski, in that order? Moroniho have the bloody nerve in saying we have an easy run. We can only beat the teams we have been handed. Like we can pick the order in which we play teams. In this league you can never underestimate any team, whether they are Everton or Norwich.

Sure, you can never underestimate anyone, but (a) he's talking about this season, so don't worry about last season's hard draw. Everyone plays the same teams over a season....
and (b) He wasn't deriding Arsenal, just saying that Chelsea are by no means out of the Premiership race, which is true.

People are sooooo one-eyed sometimes, it seems like we'll believe whatever spin journalists put on someone's comments if we want to.

There was no reason to say that the previous post was bull****, it was legitimate and true.

sienna

Probable lineup:

Lehmann
Lauren, Toure, Cygan, Cole
Ljungberg, Vieira, Edu, Pires
Reyes, Henry

Subs: Almunia, Bergkamp, Cesc, Clichy, Gilberto

Split

3-1 to the arsenal.

1-0 up (Gilberto) 38mins

1-1 Nolan 54mins

2-1 Pires 77mins

3-1 Henry 84mins

Arsenal Quotes

When I am asked why I stayed at Arsenal so long.. my answer is simple; I never wanted to be anywhere else. I could have earned a lot more elsewhere, but that wouldn't compensate for all the good years at Highbury.

David O'Leary

Latest posts

Top Bottom