• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Burnley | December 22nd | KO: 12:30 GMT | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Wishful thinking, sir! :lol:

Saka's got the directness, acceleration and dribbling skill that I'd like to see in the lineup. But Saka's barely got any decent U23 minutes under his belt. The pace of the PL will be a very stern test - he's got the bollocks to stand up to it as he's often played against stronger opponents and thrived in the youth teams but while it's a risk that I would take, it's an arguably an unnecessary one at this stage that may not pay off in the short term. Saying that, there was no reason for him to miss both the U23 game on Monday and the Sp**s game last night but ho hum.

I share your concerns on those attacking positions though. It's clearly a weak area now along with CB. Mhkitaryan and Iwobi are the main figures and they just don't have enough real threat about them. They do just about enough to remind you they have ability. I'm not sure we can afford to freeze Özil out either - he's still the best chance creator we have bar Kolasinac (in this system anyway). And Emery is not gonna go full Project Youth on us either so we're gonna have to grin and bear Mhki and Iwobi for now. Maybe Nelson comes back in Jan, who knows?

Yeah it's definitely wishful thinking which is why I said he wouldn't do it. But I am just bored of seeing the 'pair' of Iwobi and Mhki, it's all so predictable and we have 0 options now if Özil isn't playing anymore.

Guess we'll see that pair again this weekend though, unfortunately.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Yeah it's definitely wishful thinking which is why I said he wouldn't do it. But I am just bored of seeing the 'pair' of Iwobi and Mhki, it's all so predictable and we have 0 options now if Özil isn't playing anymore.

Guess we'll see that pair again this weekend though, unfortunately.
I wish Smith-Rowe was fit to be honest. He's someone I'd have no problem starting a PL game and I feel he has the ability to help build up without being a complete dud in the final 3rd. Has 3 goals already this season (could have had 4).

I wish Smith-Rowe was fit to be honest. He's someone I'd have no problem starting a PL game and I feel he has the ability to help build up without being a complete dud in the final 3rd. Has 3 goals already this season (could have had 4).

Know we still have a outside chance of top4, but the team is missing something fresh. Just hope Emery doesn't fall into the same method as Wenger was doing in his final seasons picking average, boring andnot even that save opinions over young, fresh and exciting players.

Wryer

Kos has been very poor since his return, but given a choice between him and Xhaka, I'll still go with Kos.

We've lost a lot of offensive control since the last 2-3 games and alot of it is down to us missing Xhaka's distribution. Without his passing through the lines, opposition defense now push up higher to squeeze our forwards and win the ball quicker. This has also allowed the opposition to transit quicker to offense and apply pressure on our back 3/4.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
I wouldn't worry about our defence too much in this game, think Burnley will come here to park the bus and hope for a draw. 4 at the back with Koscielny and Sokratis should be more than good enough to handle Burnley's attack.

Hopefully Özil and Laca starts..

I wouldn't worry about our defence too much in this game, think Burnley will come here to park the bus and hope for a draw. 4 at the back with Koscielny and Sokratis should be more than good enough to handle Burnley's attack.

Hopefully Özil and Laca starts..

Park the bus or not teams will have chances in PL and against us these days it seems like they dont need many to score a goal.

Malky

Established Member
Anyone that wants Cech starting over Leno should have a word with themselves!
Leno just needs to be more commanding and decisive at crosses and its sweet, he's made some excellent stops for us since he got into the team, both reaction and 1v1. Look at Sp**s opening goal the other night, Cech was on the ground before Son even taken the shot. Not to mention the 4 or 5 times he kicked the ball straight out of play.
Leno all day long for me, he'll learn from Southampton!

HBL

Established Member
For the love of God what's happened to Mavro? He's had a groin injury for about 3 months now and no one has made a peep about it. We're dropping like flies to injuries and it'd be quite handy if he could get his sh*t together, no matter how raw he is.
Not even back training yet, he'll be out for at least another 2-3 weeks I imagine.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We have better odds, Arsenal €438m, Burnley €126m. And we’re at home. Throw in a better manager and we have every chance of getting the 3 points.

But we have a few injuries, the doom and gloom merchants are starting to rattle their cages and Emery is still finding his feet.

So, it’s still not a cert, but our talisman @OnlyOne started the thread, so I’m going for a win.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Tottenham will drop points. Possibility Liverpool or Chelsea might drop points.

Anything less than a win here and we're in a mini-crisis. Second the comments on Mavropanos. He should have been playing by now.

We'll win but we really need to get those defenders back on the playing field.

marting

Kos has been very poor since his return, but given a choice between him and Xhaka, I'll still go with Kos.

We've lost a lot of offensive control since the last 2-3 games and alot of it is down to us missing Xhaka's distribution. Without his passing through the lines, opposition defense now push up higher to squeeze our forwards and win the ball quicker. This has also allowed the opposition to transit quicker to offense and apply pressure on our back 3/4.

Which is completely natural considering his just missed 8 months due to injury.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom