• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 02/01/07

vin de guerre

What a load of rubbish! This team and Arsène Wenger are on greasy slopes down! I am very disappointed that we did not score eight against Pards and his T*rds! :twisted:
We need to be far more ruthless! :evil:
But then again I would like to say to all you of little faith that I told you so! :roll:

Arsenal are nowhere near being a spent force nor have they reached their potential (In fact Giggsy was closer to scoring in the FA cup a few years ago against us at OT than we are to our full potential!)

GunneDown

Listening to the old **** parjew! he was saying that the pen was offside... how can it be..... cesc's shot came off his player... which mean it can't be offside.... true????

vin de guerre

GunneDown said:
Listening to the old c**t parjew! he was saying that the pen was offside... how can it be..... cesc's shot came off his player... which mean it can't be offside.... true????

Your understanding of the offside rule is outstanding. Just be patient there is an opening coming up soon for someone of your proven skillsand knowledge at Charlton.

GunneDown

vin de guerre said:
GunneDown said:
Listening to the old c**t parjew! he was saying that the pen was offside... how can it be..... cesc's shot came off his player... which mean it can't be offside.... true????

Your understanding of the offside rule is outstanding. Just be patient there is an opening coming up soon for someone of your proven skillsand knowledge at Charlton.

cheeky ****.

tbbosa

nidza7 said:
I see Arsène`s headache with Ade`s return.:)

We can then go for 3 -4 - 3 without problems (or more like 3-3-1-3). If all fit, we could have:

Henry Ade V. Parsie

Rosicky Cesc Helb

Gilberto

Gallas Kolo Eboue

And watch us do real good damage!!!

GunneDown

tbbosa said:
nidza7 said:

We can then go for 3 -4 - 3 without problems (or more like 3-3-1-3). If all fit, we could have:

Henry Ade V. Parsie

Rosicky Cesc Helb

Gilberto

Gallas Kolo Eboue

Little bit naive

vin de guerre

GunneDown said:
vin de guerre said:
GunneDown said:

cheeky f**k.

No not really just eagerly awaiting Pardew being Scr!wed by the FA and then Charlton on the way down!
Pardew for the Spuds!

tbbosa

GunneDown said:
tbbosa said:
nidza7 said:

Henry Ade V. Parsie

Rosicky Cesc Helb

Gilberto

Gallas Kolo Eboue

Little bit naive

Do you care to explain?

GunneDown

tbbosa said:
GunneDown said:
tbbosa said:
nidza7 said:

Henry Ade V. Parsie

Rosicky Cesc Helb

Gilberto

Gallas Kolo Eboue

Little bit naive

Do you care to explain?

We would have no cover on either of the flanks... and when the center backs go to cover we will be left wide open in the middle.

marco

Sounds very stupid cos he scored 2 goals but did anyone else think that van persie didnt play particularly well tonight?

very easy game though good old phil still managed to make his normal couple of errors.

fabregas excellent once again, and good to see thierry back

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
henry79 said:
good win but there is something I have noticed, nobody is trying to shoot they have the tendency of overelaborating, they keep on passing the ball untill they lose it!!!They havent done that when Adebayor was playing, they are more direct when he is in the team. today instead of shooting them selves they were looking for Henry!!!

Our worst player today was rosicky I think he needs a goal to get his confidence up.

He needs something, he was sh1te last time out, lets hope it's just a blip and he comes back firing on all 4.

stuart

Established Member
morpho said:
jester said:
Pardew got we he deserved last night. Enjoy the dizzying heights of ipswich, colchester and southend

http://www.elfyourself.com/?userid=66db ... 3G06121412

Classic :clap :worthy :respect

:lol: That scared the hell out of me. He never takes his eyes of you :shock:

Anyway, i missed the match, again! Was Henry good or was it just the goal that is getting him recognised?? How was our performance overall??

asajoseph

Established Member
A few things I noted about last night's game...

We didn't play all that well for 90 minutes, least of all against the bottom side with 10 men, but points are points and goals are goals and I was happy to see us get both last night. We did have some stirling periods in the match however, and even had Charlton not had a man sent-off (rightly so, despite Pardew's garbage), I'm pretty confident we would have scored at least twice from open play.

Was it just me however, or was Henry grinning like an absolute lunatic for 90 minutes last night? I know we moan too much as fans about him being a moody bugger, but for heaven's sake, he looked like he was about to start dribbling on himself and slurring his words he looked so happy yesterday - not once did I see him running around without a smile on his face, and his little jig with Adebayor was top quality. So at least we know he's happy, I suppose, and if he's in the right frame of mind I'm inclined to agree with Wenger that he will be an extremely dangerous force for the remainder of the year (Drogba does NOT have the golden boot all sewn up!). He's played better over 90 minutes than he did last night, but his contributions were valuable, and though he didn't look 100% fit to me, he seemed to be enjoying his football, and really played for the team.

Cesc may not have scored, or indeed had his finest hour in an Arsenal shirt, but I really found his willingness to start attacking the ball in the final third and moving more aggressively into goalscoring positions incredibly encouraging. Truth be told, he doesn't score enough goals for us yet. But he is still so so young, and it's games like yesterday that make me think he might, one day soon, become a regular 10 goal-a-season player for us.

The most encouraging thing about Van Persie for me is that even in a game where he scores twice and wins a penalty, he still looks like he could give so much more, and there's so much yet to come. He's improved his movement immeasurably (he has all season), and some of his turns around defenders were a joy to watch - but he still had moments where he just looked a little bit inexperienced, and just made the wrong decision. Still, two goals and a penalty, and a couple of really dangerous runs/passes in the final third. Very positive.

Hoyte's goal was excellently taken, and was brilliant teamwork from the whole team, but it was his celebration I enjoyed more than anything else for the whole evening. I do think that we fans, in our eagerness to criticise the lad (and let's face it, though he played well last night, he's not always that good), have forgotten that, if nothing else, the kid IS Arsenal through and through, and that goal must have REALLY meant a lot to him. He played well, and I was really happy to see him get it, I have to say.

Hleb, for about 25 minutes in the second half, looked to be a totally different class - considering he's not been on top of his game of late, that was really positive to see. His form last ngiht may have been sporadic, but he did also remind us of the player he can be when he's on form.

Rosicky too showed glimpses, but was perhaps too eager to play the long ball at times, and looks like he just can't buy a goal at the moment. Should have had maybe two, but sloppy finishing and a nice save cost him. Still, we have to remember that he IS new here still, and has spent a lot of time injured - there's still much more to come, and I'm confident he'll add to his tally before the end of the season.

Aliadiere STILL looks like a player who's just completely out of his depth at this level - I'd be surprised, to be honest, if another Premiership team is interested in him, because he's really not done anything to look like he can cope. I think everyone would be better served if he left for France in January, which, considering how excited we were by him a year or two ago, will be a shame.

So perhaps we weren't at our best all night, but as we learned against Sheffield Utd, we're not good enough (and nobody's bad enough) for us to take anything for granted in the Premiership, so we should enjoy nights like last night, however the victory comes.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I know what you mean Marco, VP wasn't completely firing on all cylinders but still bagged two goals, as long as he does that who cares. Same goes for Thierry, the problem with Henry is he has set the bar so high you expect the extraordinary from him all the time.

One thing I would say about Van Persie is he is not confident on his right foot at all. Did you see when Henry slipped him through in the first half, he got pulled up by a late flag but he was clean through on his right foot and the defenders all just positioned themselves for when he got it back onto to his best side. They knew exactly what he was going to do. It was bad because had he of just taken it on, he was one on one with the keeper. In a tighter game we get screwed because of situations like that. Still that trusty left has saved us on more than a few occasions I guess

jester

Established Member
Great write up asa, agree with everything.

So at least we know he's happy
and thats the scary thing for the rest of the premiership, he looks like he's enjoying his football

The most encouraging thing about Van Persie for me is that even in a game where he scores twice and wins a penalty, he still looks like he could give so much more, and there's so much yet to come.
I've always had alot of faith in him (a young dutch lad with super goals would usually get arsenal fans excited), but he's really showing his quality this season. Nice words from henry afterwards on explaining why he let RVP take his pen, something like: 'i'll do everything i can to make him stop scorer'

I do think that we fans, in our eagerness to criticise the lad (and let's face it, though he played well last night, he's not always that good), have forgotten that, if nothing else, the kid IS Arsenal through and through, and that goal must have REALLY meant a lot to him.
I was chuffed for him. I dont think he has a future here if i'm honest, but the way he was punching the air showed how much it meant to him.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

goonerwarsh said:
I know what you mean Marco, VP wasn't completely firing on all cylinders but still bagged two goals, as long as he does that who cares. Same goes for Thierry, the problem with Henry is he has set the bar so high you expect the extraordinary from him all the time.

One thing I would say about Van Persie is he is not confident on his right foot at all. Did you see when Henry slipped him through in the first half, he got pulled up by a late flag but he was clean through on his right foot and the defenders all just positioned themselves for when he got it back onto to his best side. They knew exactly what he was going to do. It was bad because had he of just taken it on, he was one on one with the keeper. In a tighter game we get screwed because of situations like that. Still that trusty left has saved us on more than a few occasions I guess

Yes , watch every defender push on to his right , which is pretty good , he just has to trust it more.

Arsenal Quotes

Everyone thinks they have the prettiest wife at home

Arsène Wenger

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Latest posts

Top Bottom