• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 02/01/07

KingReyes

Established Member
asajoseph said:
Was it just me however, or was Henry grinning like an absolute lunatic for 90 minutes last night? I know we moan too much as fans about him being a moody bugger, but for heaven's sake, he looked like he was about to start dribbling on himself and slurring his words he looked so happy yesterday - not once did I see him running around without a smile on his face, and his little jig with Adebayor was top quality. So at least we know he's happy, I suppose, and if he's in the right frame of mind I'm inclined to agree with Wenger that he will be an extremely dangerous force for the remainder of the year (Drogba does NOT have the golden boot all sewn up!). He's played better over 90 minutes than he did last night, but his contributions were valuable, and though he didn't look 100% fit to me, he seemed to be enjoying his football, and really played for the team.

From the match day programme

While I’ve been injured I have opened my eyes to so many
things, and one thing that I’m more sure of than ever before, is
about Arsenal, and the fantastic fans the Club has. Whatever
people are saying, and whatever they are thinking, I think they do
know what I’m all about, and they know where my heart is. I have been in the game a long time, but I have realised even more about football during the last few weeks, and one thing I am sure about is my love for Arsenal and the fans. Whatever people say, nobody will ever take that away from me.

Very positive words from Henry, it does look like the few weeks have been a blessing in disguise and have made realise a few things that needed sorting out. Lets hope that these comments are a sign of things to come from the king.

However yesterday was a walk in the park really, lets see what he and this team are made of when the going gets tough and they need to knuckle down to get the win.

stuart

Established Member
Good to read those Henry comments, lets hope he is feeling in an inspired mood for the Liverpool game ;)

I can see the headlines already
'The return of a King'

IBL

Established Member
We've won so many penalties this season, I cant remember another season where we've managed to win as many. RvP certainly knows how to make the most of a situation in the box ;)

Nice to hear those comments from Henry, hopefully we'll see the good old Henry return

asajoseph

Established Member
We've won so many penalties this season, I cant remember another season where we've managed to win as many. RvP certainly knows how to make the most of a situation in the box

When you've got a player as good as RRVP at turning away from defenders, it's not surprising that he wins so many penalties...

goonerwarsh

Established Member
I loved the way they conceded the second penalty, you can see the guy thinking..."Got to get it, almost there, ****, I can't reach it....**** it!"

Charlton are a shambles, them and West Ham are awful at the moment. Curbishley must be thinking about all his hard work over so many years just fall apart in a matter of months

asajoseph

Established Member
Read quite an amusing blog this morning which suggested that, considering all the credit Pardew got for getting the Hammers promoted after only a handful of games in charge, how much criticism should he recieve for getting two clubs relegated in one season? ;)

Rohit

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
hleb's at his best driving at people and its encouraging to see him doing it more often.

He has started playing more like a winger now,not in the way that he runs off the ball,but he certainly hugs the byline more than he has ever done.He still doesn't look too confident taking on full back while on the right but there was once that he went on the left and tried stepovers beat 1 man and couldn't beat the 2nd.I wish Wenger would try him on the left more often.

kel varnsen

Established Member
asajoseph said:
We've won so many penalties this season, I cant remember another season where we've managed to win as many. RvP certainly knows how to make the most of a situation in the box

When you've got a player as good as RRVP at turning away from defenders, it's not surprising that he wins so many penalties...

...and he is a bit of a diver as well.

goonerwarsh

Established Member
You still rarely see him full on commit players like he used to do in the Bundesliga, Arsenal Hleb is completely different, like he's too scared to try it

asajoseph

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

Don't you mean that he's just 'intelligent'?

sabret00the

Established Member
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

When you've got a player as good as RVP at turning away from defenders, it's not surprising that he wins so many penalties...

Come on, that's just ludicrous.

Gurgen

Established Member
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

When you've got a player as good as RVP at turning away from defenders, it's not surprising that he wins so many penalties...

Get real sabre.

I like him too but lately he's been diving all over the place. At the very least he's been exaggerating contact, especially when in the box.

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Arsenal_FAN1983 said:
I heard that Charlton fans pissed on the white stone which spells Arsenal. :evil:
wth?! Karma will do the pi$$ers to carry stone in their bladders for the rest of their lives.

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

Get real sabre.

I like him too but lately he's been diving all over the place. At the very least he's been exaggerating contact, especially when in the box.
put it like this.

Ronaldo has a reputation for diving because he'd like to leave a leg in, bar Sheffield United where van Persie went out there with the mentality of a victim (and i assume we're all bigger than to judge a player by one game), he's actually gone down justly, maybe too easily but justly every time...well eight times out of ten. to brand him a diver in the fact of that is just silly.

hujja

Established Member
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

Get real sabre.

There's not one player on this planet in this era of modern football who won't exaggerate contact in the box.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Gurgen said:
sabret00the said:
kel varnsen said:
asajoseph said:

Get real sabre.

put it like this.

Ronaldo has a reputation for diving because he'd like to leave a leg in, bar Sheffield United where van Persie went out there with the mentality of a victim (and i assume we're all bigger than to judge a player by one game), he's actually gone down justly, maybe too easily but justly every time...well eight times out of ten. to brand him a diver in the fact of that is just silly.

:-D

Some of your posts come across like you're a lawyer- but absolutely bladdered. I think this is one..

jester

Established Member
sabret00the said:
put it like this.

depends what the definition of 'dive' is. Clearly yours is 'its a dive when the player tries to get contact or goes down without any'. Mine is when a player gets touched and falls (hence the 'dive' part. He's diving since he wouldnt have gone down otherwise) Yesterday rvp could've stayed on his feet. He has every right to go down, but imo he dived in the defintion of the word. Henry is the opposite end of the scale, he tried to stay on his feet yesterday. Hardly any of rvp's pens this season would have knocked someone over unless they wanted to hit the floor, and that makes it a dive. I'm glad he goes down, because its a foul and its up to the refs to give a pen anyway and not rely on the player going down to get one

Arsenal Quotes

"Surely what will be their last attack.

A good ball by Dixon, finding Smith for Thomas, charging through the midfield... It's up for grabs now! Thomas! Right at the end!

What an unbelievable climax to the League season"

Brian Moore on the Thomas' winning goal at Anfield in 1989

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Benjamin Šeško’s agent confirms interest from English and Italian clubs, adding that he is not interested in moving to Saudi Arabia [Evening Standard]

Arsenal have sent scouts to watch Benfica midfielder Joao Neves multiple times [Fabrizio Romano]

Latest posts

Top Bottom