• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 18/03/06

kamikaze80

Established Member
Reyes(9) said:
Gunnergregharrison said:
I agree, shame there is only 5 places on the english bench. Its like mourinho said, with 7 you get more tactical choice
True,it should be 7 ..
choosing your 5 players is part of the tactics. and if the bench expands to 7, it would only benefit deeper teams like chelsea. keep it at 5.

kamikaze80

Established Member
theodore said:
is it just me and has Song really grown this year.

He really has built up. He looks very strong and composed.
he looked like hed built up some huge guns. i guess he's been hitting the gym. i'm curious to see what wenger decides to do with him at the end of the season.

Reyes(9)

kamikaze80 said:
theodore said:
is it just me and has Song really grown this year.

He really has built up. He looks very strong and composed.
he looked like hed built up some huge guns. i guess he's been hitting the gym. i'm curious to see what wenger decides to do with him at the end of the season.

I think that he'll play the Gilberto role((i mean defensively)) he has the physical attendence by covering the back four and i was impressed with a couple of tackles today though we came on late ..

DC Gunner

Established Member
I understand Henry’s frustration when Ade did not pass to him early on in the first half :lol:, but ade made up for it with his persistence with the goal. :D
Alexander “The Great” Hleb was absolutely amazing [ball winning, passing and controlling]. :twisted: 8)
Pires was trying HARD, which is a positive thing from him.

kamikaze80

Established Member
totally agree, dc gunner, with that level of effort, id want pires back for one more season without question. he sacrificed his body on at least one occasion and he looked like he was enjoying it out there.

Buhry

Established Member

Nice performance from us.

Ade needs to sort his finishing out. Took his goal really well though.

And Song desperately needs a haircut... :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
Aleks Hleb said:
Dear Footballfriends,

when tomorrow, Saturday 18th of March, we start in our home match against Charlton Athletic, it might become again a "milestone" of this season. If you beat Liverpool, anyone expects another convincing victory against a team much more lower in table. But as you now, these matches are the most difficult to play.
But I am confident we can keep the 3 points in Highbury Park.
Talking about myself, I am really happy that in the last matches, I nearly could go always over the complete distance of 90 minutes. I feel good and I think that now, I really can help the "gunners".
So, with you as supporters, dear friends, we will succeed on Saturday.
See you soon, yours Aleks
he makes me laugh.

choi12911

sabret00the said:
Aleks Hleb said:
Dear Footballfriends,

when tomorrow, Saturday 18th of March, we start in our home match against Charlton Athletic, it might become again a "milestone" of this season. If you beat Liverpool, anyone expects another convincing victory against a team much more lower in table. But as you now, these matches are the most difficult to play.
But I am confident we can keep the 3 points in Highbury Park.
Talking about myself, I am really happy that in the last matches, I nearly could go always over the complete distance of 90 minutes. I feel good and I think that now, I really can help the "gunners".
So, with you as supporters, dear friends, we will succeed on Saturday.
See you soon, yours Aleks
he makes me laugh.

He seems to be very enthusiastic about his website though. He updates it weekly. Although his english is poor, I think it's good that he's trying to write his own thoughts in english. :)

tactica442

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
DC Gunner said:
Pires was trying HARD, which is a positive thing from him.
I love one scene when Chalrton attacked the space left by forward running Flamini. Senderos closed down the player in possession first, then Pires, then Gilberto. That's selfishless team work and it happened when the team was 3-0 up.

Arsène should have sub Cesc much earlier. Cesc seemed a bit out of fuel (maybe mentally) for me. Hopefully he can have a good rest in this coming week to prep for the Pompey and Juve games.

flaunt

Looking at Song, I think we see the reason why Wenger hasn't played Theo yet.

Like some of you have noticed, he's grown physically and technically somewhat. I think Wenger wants Theo to develop physically some more, so that he doesn't get pushed off the ball in games against physical opposition.

I think Wenger when he picked the side, was worried that Charlton might be very physical.

On a side note, I think Luke Young touched the ball the most for Charlton. He took a lot of throw-ins. :D

patrick42uk

Established Member
Captain said:
Gazza Martinez said:
I agree with patrick's post a few pages back re Walcott not being ready. His relatively undeveloped passing and link play was always going to be the thing to stop him from getting first team action. But he's only 17 and is learning from some of the best in the business. We will see him when the time is right, which I think is for the best.

His passing and link play are excellent. The reason that he isn't making the first team is because for the time being he would only fit into the role of a winger (as upfront we have enough options).

One of the concerns of the coaching staff at this moment in time is that he isn't providing enough cover to the full-back from this position, neither by working hard or reading the game correctly; given the fact that we have a fourth choice left back and inexperienced second choice right back this is obviously a worry.

He is learning quickly but I'd suggest that his best chance for an appearance in the near future is as a substitute forward in a champions league game (where Ade isn't available).

do you have proof that this is the case? wenger said earlier this season that his link play needed work. perharps that has come along. his last two games though have been behind closed doors. dont know how delibrate that is.

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
rafa benitez: what the hell was i thinking when i bought crouch? adebayor looked wayyyyyyyyyyyyy more lethal than a 7million flagpole gahhhhh.. maybe i should convert crouch to be the world's most expensive corner flag next season...

eat our pants :lol:

mood

DC Gunner said:
I understand Henry’s frustration when Ade did not pass to him early on in the first half :lol:, but ade made up for it with his persistence with the goal. :D

Definitely, I wouldve felt the same way if I were in his position. Henry was in a position for an easy tap-in.

flaunt said:

Song wont make it at Arsenal. The Diaby signing confirmed that.

1970*Gooner

Established Member

Player:Rice
mood said:
DC Gunner said:

Definitely, I wouldve felt the same way if I were in his position. Henry was in a position for an easy tap-in.

flaunt said:

Song wont make it at Arsenal. The Diaby signing confirmed that.
I have a sneaky feeling you could be right.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Nope, I still think Song is going to be here next year despite what a lot of Gooners reckon.

He looks like he can become a VERY handy player.

We'll see.

Liberace

YuenBiaoFan said:
Nope, I still think Song is going to be here next year despite what a lot of Gooners reckon.

He looks like he can become a VERY handy player.

We'll see.

i agree, Song is more Gilberto type of player and i think he will replace him in a year or two.

Arsenal Quotes

I started clapping myself... until I realised that I was Sunderland's manager.

Peter Reid after Bergkamp's goal against Sunderland.

Latest posts

Top Bottom