• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 18/03/06

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
spuds 1 brums 0

stupid as ever....

i really hope birmingham will be relegated this season

Cruisio

Established Member
By the way, Adebayors goal was hardly a tap-in (from the guy who said he'd heard it was). He had alot of work to do and it was a good finish

Sh*t!!! Sp**s are 2-0 up, bo**ocks

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
I agree with patrick's post a few pages back re Walcott not being ready. His relatively undeveloped passing and link play was always going to be the thing to stop him from getting first team action. But he's only 17 and is learning from some of the best in the business. We will see him when the time is right, which I think is for the best.

And those expecting **** to drop points are going to be disappointed. We'll have to take the bastards down a peg when they come to Highbury.

Artillero

Although we are winning at the moment we have the likes of Senderos, Flamimi, Eboue all inexperienced. I think Wenger will give Walcott a game when the likes of Sol and Cole are back. Too much youth in the team could backfire.

I am impressed how Ade hold the ball up well for Hleb, Fabregas and Pires to get forwards. He adds an option to our game and already has good understanding with Titi.

Captain

Established Member
Gazza Martinez said:
I agree with patrick's post a few pages back re Walcott not being ready. His relatively undeveloped passing and link play was always going to be the thing to stop him from getting first team action. But he's only 17 and is learning from some of the best in the business. We will see him when the time is right, which I think is for the best.

His passing and link play are excellent. The reason that he isn't making the first team is because for the time being he would only fit into the role of a winger (as upfront we have enough options).

One of the concerns of the coaching staff at this moment in time is that he isn't providing enough cover to the full-back from this position, neither by working hard or reading the game correctly; given the fact that we have a fourth choice left back and inexperienced second choice right back this is obviously a worry.

He is learning quickly but I'd suggest that his best chance for an appearance in the near future is as a substitute forward in a champions league game (where Ade isn't available).

IBL

Established Member
Got back from Highbury and it was a decent match, we played some wonderful football at times, almost scored a great team goal from Pires after 30+ passes in the second half.

Cesc was fabulous, completely controlled the midfield. It was the first time I had seen Hleb in the flesh and he did not dissappoint, amazing close control at times and scored a deserved goal, does give posession away cheaply sometimes. Gilberto was very good today - strong, solid , kept it simple and sheilded the back four well. Pires had one of his better games as did Henry who I felt was saving himself on the whole. The Eboue/Hleb partnership really excites me, they seem to have a good understanding already. A special mention for Senderos, the guy might be clumsy and accident prone at times but you can never question his commitment, some absolute crunching challenges today, no regard for his own well-being, just goes in with everything!

I was impressed again by Ade, what he is lacking right now is a clinical streak which I hope he can develop soon. The first two opportunities he missed were created by his persistent and hard work. I was telling my mate that I had a feeling Ade would score today, 15 mins later he duly obliged by scoring a nice scrappy goal ;)

Good performance overall, some lovely passing at times and a bit of showboating which always goes down well when you're 3-0 up.

gunnerGH

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Good performance overall, some lovely passing at times and a bit of showboating which always goes down well when you're 3-0 up.

Wish we had that luxury in all our away games aswell! :wink:

Asterix

Established Member
Sounds like a great show from the lads - I'll have to catch it through the week.

Should Dennis be making way for Lupoli or Theo on the bench in games like this?

Reyes(9)

Asterix said:
Sounds like a great show from the lads - I'll have to catch it through the week.

That was my opinion if Theo was there i bet my house that he'll feature in the game .. :D But he wasn't on the sub atleast Theo should be instead of Song ..

gunnerGH

Established Member
Reyes(9) said:
Asterix said:

That was my opinion if Theo was there i bet my house that he'll feature in the game .. :D But he wasn't on the sub atleast Theo should be instead of Song ..

I agree, shame there is only 5 places on the english bench. Its like mourinho said, with 7 you get more tactical choice

Reyes(9)

Gunnergregharrison said:
Reyes(9) said:
Asterix said:

I agree, shame there is only 5 places on the english bench. Its like mourinho said, with 7 you get more tactical choice

True,it should be 7 ..

JazzG

Established Member
Good win for us, our players and the team is hitting top form right at the right moment. Now we just gotta keep going and fight until the bitter end.

Liberace

is it just me and has Song really grown this year.

He really has built up. He looks very strong and composed.

played quite well when he came on.

...and Bergkamp, he looks to be way of the pace, couldn't get his passing right either. We should be giving the youngsters like Lupoli or Theo a chance instead of bringing on bergkamp. The game was won anyway.

Captain

Established Member
song is excellent in the reserves, always very composed and one of the best passers in the squad.

I think he was just overwhelmed last time he played for the first team; today was a better representation of him although he was still nowhere near his best.

kanooo

Gazza Martinez said:

And those expecting **** to drop points are going to be disappointed. We'll have to take the bastards down a peg when they come to Highbury.

I guess we can't underestimate them anymore. Damn, I really thought Birmingham could've done something at home. But no. They still want to be relegated.

Arsenal Quotes

I think in England you eat too much sugar and meat and not enough vegetables

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom