• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 2/10/04

Arnie

well gilberto's badly injured and edu made a mistake in midweek so fab had his chance and took it again. I ain't le boss, but if i was i wouldn't leave cesc out again he didn't do anything wrong last time and we had to change the system with two less attacking cetre midfielders.
Lets leave it, 4 quality CM's there. If you perform you play, no matter what your age is, how much you've won, and how many games you've played before!! Rule does not apply to patrick Vieira.

A

Anonymous

Take it all back boys henry was back to his old self = brilliant. I said in some post he looked tired, in need of a rest. I watched the game today he was great, what a good goal with the back heal. Nearly as good as Zolas back heal from a corner

flotz

one of the very best performance ive seen
cesc was superb and some of our moves were breathtaking
wenger is a genius neary as bergkamp is
reminded me of the game against leeds last year with plenty of space to use
what were charlton thinking?!
here is my player rating
lehman- 7 solid on cross apart from one but didnt had much to do
lauren-7 started the game a bit shaky but got better and was very good going forward
toure-9 exceptional player , so lively....saved a goal with an excellent tackle
campbell-8 solid game , wha a difference with campbell in the squad eh?
clichy-8 i think i forgot cole was injured , he is just as good
ljungberg-8 was playing very well and he seems in form hope he is not seriously injured (maybe just enough to miss the internationals
cesc-9 this guy looks already like a world class midfielder
vieira-8.5 he and cesc will be world class for the years to come
reyes-9 so quick...
henry-9 wasnt that involved at first but what a second half!
bergkamp-9 was involved in everything
pennant-7.5 i was imperssed i say sign him!

now for another international break to ruin the good form of the team...excellent

the dawn raids

Established Member
yeah there really cant be a way cesc doesnt earn a starting place now. just a different squad with him playing for some reason.

shaz

i was a little bit disappointed RVP wasnt brought on earlier. i would have liked him to come on as soon as we were four up. :roll:

Soler

Established Member
the dawn raids said:
yeah there really cant be a way cesc doesnt earn a starting place now. just a different squad with him playing for some reason.

'Cos he adds an extra bit of creativity to an already incredibly creative midfield. He's like our own Guardiola.

yao

Finally they showed a Arenal EPL game for the second time in Canada. IMO the defence was good today and Charlton hardly had a good shot at goal. I would have enjoyed it better if RVP was introduced earlier. But it's already very too, isn't it?
:wink:

Allyboy

Established Member
Just back from the game, no thanks to the Picadilly Line which seems to breakdown more often Stephan Gerrard!

Much better performance today, first half was not that great but we really kicked into gear second half! I was worried when it started to pelt it down with rain, it came just as we were clicking but if anything we improved when the showers came!

I hope Freddie is not too badly hurt, I felt he was our best player first half. Not sure who I would pick as MOTM, it was just a very good team performance. (I will say the one rant I have about the game for Sol or Guv's "View from the Stands" thread :wink: )

KoLo28

I only followed the game via live text but by the looks of things we dominated, a free flowing performance. When we were 1nil up at half time, all i wanted in the second half was to step up another gear straight away, regardless of whether it brought 1,2,3 or no goals, i didn't want us to sit on our lead, then conceed and then step up another gear, because the players panic and it's much harder to make it 2-1 then to make it 2-0. can't wait to see the highlights, 48 and counting.

br02afc

If I am not carefull I will wet my pants, Theirry Henrys first goal was unreal. It is nothing short of amazing. For god sake he was being hugged and wrestled, he just did not give a fcuk. He is awesome. His second goal was pretty siht hot too!!

Freddie was awesome, Graham Stuart and particular Hreidersson set out to get him injured or sent off. It was foul after foul in the first half. I was sitting in the West Stand and saw it all at close up. He was kicked and pushed loads of times and the lino did fcuk all. Freddie got a booking for his troubles.

Thierry though, wow!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

JazzG

Established Member
Good stuff by the Arsenal, listened on the radio at work and in the 2nd half we were just awesome from the sound of it. Good to see 4 goals, very pleased to see Fred seems to have found some form, Henry+Reyes seemed to click well as well!

And it doesn't seem like it was a coincidence that when Fabregas plays we play much better, what an impact this kid is having. I thought he was be a star from reading about him but not this quickly! Great stuff and hopefully he will stay until we play those mancs. Only problem is he is so young, I would hate to burn him out at such a young age.

Allyboy

Established Member
br02afc said:
Freddie was awesome, Graham Stuart and particular Hreidersson set out to get him injured or sent off. It was foul after foul in the first half. I was sitting in the West Stand and saw it all at close up. He was kicked and pushed loads of times and the lino did fcuk all. Freddie got a booking for his troubles.

Agree totally mate, what pissed me off was Stuart went right through Freddie at one point, with nothing being given.

Two minutes later Paddy does a clumsy but harmless trip and he is booked!

I thought the ref was **** today, I was expecting him to disallow our second for Henry fouling the defender (yes I know if anything it was the other way around, im just meaning the ref was doing so badly up until that point :wink: )

sabret00the

Established Member
the ref was ****e, Pennant had a good game, Cesc's touch is outstanding but he still needs to put on some weight and practice and his tackling, Clichy never looked convincing, Lauren looke better, Reyes was amazing as was Henry, Vieira is back in his stride, Dennis was unbeleivable, Sol and Toure looked a little out of it today, Lehmann had a terrible game, Freddie looked good but truly he wasn't any better than Pennat (or worse), Flamini played like he didn't deserve to ever put on our shirt again, apart from that i'm srue you all heard or watched, it was a magnificent game and show, i couldn't beleive how great we played on the back of the dissapointment that was Rosenborg.

KoLo28

sabret00the said:
the ref was s***e, Pennant had a good game, Cesc's touch is outstanding but he still needs to put on some weight and practice and his tackling, Clichy never looked convincing, Lauren looke better, Reyes was amazing as was Henry, Vieira is back in his stride, Dennis was unbeleivable, Sol and Toure looked a little out of it today, Lehmann had a terrible game, Freddie looked good but truly he wasn't any better than Pennat (or worse), Flamini played like he didn't deserve to ever put on our shirt again, apart from that i'm srue you all heard or watched, it was a magnificent game and show, i couldn't beleive how great we played on the back of the dissapointment that was Rosenborg.

I haven't had the privelage to see any of the game yet and I'm not questioning or critisising what you're saying but how did lehmann have a terrible game?

yao

i apologize for editing your post, but we do not allow goal clips on our site. It is a legal thing with Arsenal and Granada... sorry

USArsenal

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady

Daily Transfer Updates

Tuesday, May 21

Nuno Tavares will return to Arsenal after Nottingham Forest chose not to exercise the buy option in his loan deal [Nottingham Forest Official Site]

Latest posts

Top Bottom