• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 2/10/04

Serip

Fabregas was ****ing dynamite. I'm not sure if it's wise to play him in every match but Vieira-Fabregas is clearly the best partnership. Everyone played a blinder, anyone who says otherwise is a ****ing idiot.

Anyone know why Van Persie's goal was disallowed at the end? I had a good view of it from where I was sat but I didn't see much wrong with it (and the way he got pushed to the floor afterwards was shocking).

yao

:?: the only situation that I remember where Lehmann erred is when he was caught in a bad position when a cross came in, near the end of the first half. So one of Charlton players had an empty net to go for but the header was way off. Other than that Lehmann is hardly tested.

sabret00the

Established Member
KoLo28 said:
sabret00the said:
the ref was s***e, Pennant had a good game, Cesc's touch is outstanding but he still needs to put on some weight and practice and his tackling, Clichy never looked convincing, Lauren looke better, Reyes was amazing as was Henry, Vieira is back in his stride, Dennis was unbeleivable, Sol and Toure looked a little out of it today, Lehmann had a terrible game, Freddie looked good but truly he wasn't any better than Pennat (or worse), Flamini played like he didn't deserve to ever put on our shirt again, apart from that i'm srue you all heard or watched, it was a magnificent game and show, i couldn't beleive how great we played on the back of the dissapointment that was Rosenborg.

I haven't had the privelage to see any of the game yet and I'm not questioning or critisising what you're saying but how did lehmann have a terrible game?
he had a couple blunders, he just didn't look like his concentration was in tact.

Gazza Martinez said:
This reinforces my concern about life after Bergkamp. He is the man who adds the fluidity and eye-candy to our attack, without him we aren't as effective.
i think between cesc and van persie we'll survive life after dennis, i think that's the plan anyway.

Jinn said:
Nice confidence building exercise. Good to see Freddie stay among the goals, and Henry and Reyes too.

Fabregas and Vieira in Europe is something we now need to test. I imagine Vieira lifted his game so as not to be overshadowed by his younger midfield partner.
if you saw the way he was getting roughed up today you'd know he's not really the best option for them gruelling CL games, but i would say if he can bulk up he'll be perfect, he got shrugged off of alot of balls and onto the ground today but they were legitmate tackles, although when he had space he was drool-worthy.

James said:
flotz said:
pennant-7.5 i was imperssed i say sign him!

sorry? :?

:p
he had a great game, if he continues and shows some of his finishing ability i don't see why we wouldn't offer him another contract i was happy for him today, his ball control and footwork is outstanding.

Serip said:
Fabregas was f****g dynamite. I'm not sure if it's wise to play him in every match but Vieira-Fabregas is clearly the best partnership. Everyone played a blinder, anyone who says otherwise is a f****g idiot.

Anyone know why Van Persie's goal was disallowed at the end? I had a good view of it from where I was sat but I didn't see much wrong with it (and the way he got pushed to the floor afterwards was shocking).
i'm still trying to figure out why the goal was dissallowed someone said offside but he was clearly on.

Sammer

Established Member
Just looked at it - and it was worth-wile watching as I did not see the match - cheers yao.

had to edit you too... sorry.. no clips
-USArsenal

Double_H

Established Member
Great Game

Vierra Is Man of the match ...
Match Greatest Moment ....Henrry spankin Reyes ;D after missing the Fift Goal ....ITs clear they are Good Friends

and about the goal ....Bergkamp was Offsided not V.Persi

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i just saw the goal highlights on FSW... are you kidding me with TH's first goal??? the commentators were saying it was easily the goal of the season so far

and his second was a rocket as was Reyes'... poor Charlton looked like they didnt know what hit them....

Henry's Girl

Double_H said:
Great Game

Vierra Is Man of the match ...
Match Greatest Moment ....Henrry spankin Reyes ;D after missing the Fift Goal ....ITs clear they are Good Friends
I thought I was the only one that noticed that :D

I love their little play for henry's second. brilliant!!!

the dawn raids

Established Member
If we can get a match like that in the champions league under our belts and get a bit of confidence going, we could really start to see something.

DaViEsW

Cesc is replaced by Vieira when he returns from injury. Ever since their our performances have been subdued.

Cesc returns in Gilberto's place, and we completely overrun Charlton. Sod 15-odd games a season, get this kid in full time. :lol:

MightyArsenal

Yep vieira back to his very best, he was immense and actually went forward and a number of occasions and could have scored a few.

Id also like to say reyes played a blinder and shame on you if you wanted the kid dropped for this game because I know alot of you wanted him not to play. :evil:

invisibleman18

Established Member
i think cesc has to play in the next CL game. we have played much better with him in the team and the results show that. i really hope pennant gets some more chances to play aswell. we need to get an english player good to stop our national team being taken over by tottenham.

velimir85

Though I just saw the highlights (bloody national TV transmitted Everton - Totenshit :evil: ),it seems it was an exellent performance...result sure was,and I like the scoresheet - you know who's the boss,but there's room for others too :mrgreen:

DaViEsW

omg, did you see the Charlton defender just shove RVP to the floor as he scored his disallowed goal? :x

n_henry

Well done boys. Just the confidence booster we needed after our last few games, which have been a bit lacklustre (by our standards so far this season..) :D

Glad to see RVP scored. Well, almost. ;)

Mark

Established Member
I was glad Pennant got the whole second half, I thought he was impressive. Our goals were just stunning.

Arsenal Quotes

A football team is like a beautiful woman. When you do not tell her, she forgets she is beautiful.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom