• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Charlton Athletic | 28/2/04

Gazza Martinez

Established Member
Its possible that we dropped physically in the second half,because of the midweek ecl match. A fast start was probably the game plan, then just settle it down.

jc8gooner,
It was more equal in the 2nd half. I watched the match live here in Oz, and I was just getting frustrated because I could visibly see us starting to wilt... mistakes were creeping in, giving away possession etc.
Delighted with result tho.

But there were little moments of just sheer genius from Henry, Bergkamp and Pires. The passing and movement was breathtaking in the first half.

Delighted with the result tho. 9 points clear, oh yes!

kajej

We went to sleep a bit in the 2nd half but after Jensen's goal we spurred back and had a lot of good chances to score, Vieira guided a free header just wide, henry hit the post, and had shot a half volley right at Kiely. Bergkamp was excellent today.

Edu was good but him and Vieira could make their partnership more effective if they get a better understanding of each other..( when 1 of them goes up, the other to drop back a bit etc..) because they are similiar players. Vieira was immense, great tackles and was good in counter.

Ashley Cole didn't look too comfortable against Cole, Jens Lehman didn't really have antyhing to do other than clear a few crosses. Henry didn't have a great game but managed to score and was ok. Pires was good too.

Lauren seems to be gettin better by the game, he had an ok game, I remember one instence in the game though, where there were 2 or 3 Charlton players free on the right hand side. Ljumberg is in good form and made some really good runs. He looks like he is going to hit form and help us in the run-in. Reyes still looks a bit lightweight but needs those games to create a better understanding with Henry, Pires, Vieira etc...

Sol man

Well done Arsenal!!! ;D . 9 points but still a way to go. Fergie seems to be shooting himself in the foot by playing a weak team against a team that beat them at home. Lets hope his stupidity continues :lol:

jc8gooner

I'm glad to see Arsenal fans are keeping a low profile on 606. There have been no gooners yet phoning up and saying that we've won the league already, just Man Utd fans!

JazzG

Established Member
patrick42uk said:
jazz, i think you are being a bit harsh. their goal came froma free kick which sometimes nothing can be done about. They were limited to two chances after that which werent clear cut. We also had chances in the second half. remembe that we played mid week and charlton didnt so they were likely to be fresher than us in the latter stages of the game. charlton are also a tremendous side with good fighting spirit. i'd say this was a great result.

The result was good but in the last 15mins we shouldn't be in a position where we are the home team and they are coming onto us! I saw this team drop a 5 point lead coz at times some of the players didn't realise a game is for 90mins not 30-45, I will go crazy if it happens again :evil:

kanuuu

Established Member
I'm still waiting for our blip!

No, I really am. I still refuse to believe that we will go all season unbeaten

its unbelievable, that we havent had a proper blip this season, only once this season we have dropped points in two games in a row and that was porstmouth and united. surely we're gonna lose at some point.

KingReyes

Established Member
Great day for the Arsenal with Manure slipping again! I thought we were outstanding in the first half but as AW said the physical level dropped in the second half and we let them back into the game. Another reason being it ended up close was cause we didn't take our chances when they came to us. This would have made life easier on both the team and the fans.
Once again Sol Campbell was outstanding in my opinion and the likes of TH14 and PV4 were great. Full credit to Charlton of making a game of it in the second half but as I said they were in it cause we didn't kill it off and let them back in.

Congratulations to Robert Pires and 50 goals for Arsenal ;D

sebasvard

mungooner said:
Can we possibly throw away this lead now?
Oh leave it out mate, of course we can, it's 3 losses or 5 draws away. Until it's mathematically impossible to lose, we just can't afford to think it's there. The team won't be thinking any further than the next game - neither should we imo.

Mark

Established Member
Two great results today. Thank you Fulham! I'm kind of disappointed that Arsenal didn't score more and really kill the game off, I haven't seen any highlights yet but I get the impression we were playing lots of fancy football which although is a strength because Charlton couldn't deal with it, it's also a weakness. We could've had more goals but I think we still sometimes try to do it in a certain way and I got very nervous towards the end when it was 2-1, but we held on, 9 points clear now, but it's far from over.

mood

Reyes did quite well for his short appearence.. had a good chance on goal too. We could have easily gone 4-0 at the 1st half, Charlton impressed alot in the 2nd half.. we were too confident with them I guess after the 1st half's beautiful performance.

Henry and Pires had LOVELY games after the recent disappointing appearences. Bergkamp and Ljungberg was absolutely outstanding too.

Arsenal Quotes

In a football match anything can happen, the players, 90 minutes, fantastic moves, an element of luck, talent, courage, and touch of magic and, for those who are watching these men play, the search for excitement, for a memory, for a lesson in life.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White
Top Bottom