• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 11/05/05

patrick42uk

Established Member
best goal for me was vieira's. from a technical point of view, that goal is of the highest order. its no coincidence that it came from the players in the team with the best fir touch i.e rvp and bergkamp. each pass was weighted to absolute perfection.

Gurgen

Established Member
I can't believe I missed this game. I had a prior engagement I couldn't come out of.
It's always like this, every time we win big I miss it, I missed the Palace game too. 7-0, unbelievable, with my all-time favourite Dennis having a blinder. I feel so fkin bad.
Right, I'm going to kick in a window. Or bash my head against the wall. Or both.

Sammer

Established Member
Gurgen said:
I can't believe I missed this game. I had a prior engagement I couldn't come out of.
It's always like this, every time we win big I miss it, I missed the Palace game too. 7-0, unbelievable, with my all-time favourite Dennis having a blinder. I feel so fkin bad.
Right, I'm going to kick in a window. Or bash my head against the wall. Or both.

Same here... :shock:

teitzo

holly damn i can't believe it! i watch the first half of the game and was happy enough with 3 goals as i went off to work! i was thinking that we might start to slow down a little like we did againts liverpool and the game would finish 3-1 or 4-1 or something, so i didn't bother taping it. but i got home and thought i was seeing things on arsenal.com - 7-0!!!!! first half was great though

gunner_down_under

i actually couldn't be bothered getting up for the start, so i saw at 65mins, and i had to rub my eyes like 10 times to see the scoreline, cuz i didnt think it could be 5-0, watced the rest of the game, got up early in the morning again to watch the whole thing again.....called up my chelsea **** brother to talk about the game, and he hadnt seen it.....told him it was 7-0, and he was like "yeah right!...that too against everton!!"....cant wait for his reaction when he does check the net or watch TV!

mayoud

I have just had a good gloat by looking on some Everton websites, the fans comments on Toffee.com make for very good reading from our point of view. One scouser even stopped watching to write a moaning letter to the site :!:

Dennis must be the finest passer of a football ever to wear an Arsenal shirt.

brianfrance

Established Member
Sammer said:
Gurgen said:

Same here... :shock:

Same here...but I've already bought the dvd! I do that everytime I miss a match which was worth watching. On ebay for 5£ approx. you have the DVD at home within 2 or 3 days. A bit expensive but think it's not even 1£ per goal :lol:

Lukazan

Established Member
Last night was simply breathtaking. Our football was the best I've seen all season... maybe EVER infact.

The way Arsenal stroke the ball around Highbury first time, and the way they keep possession, no teams can match us. And on form like that I think we're the best in the world.

If we turn up to the FA Cup final in that mood and I think victory against the **** is inevitable.

Zico

Established Member
Why are Arsenal fans behaving like it's the first time they have seen the Gooners attacking the way they did last night? Arsenal were attacking in that fashion in the early part of the season and would be near a hundred goals if it wasn't for the number of chances wasted or met with an heroic save.

I guess there is one difference, though. It's not the attack. It's the defense. Whereas before we were winning 5-3 or 5-4, these days we're less likely to concede. That means we're more likely to win a game whether we score 7 goals or find ourselves limited to one goal. If we take this form into next season we will become the best English (sic) team ever!

Lukazan

Established Member
Maybe it's because we haven't seen attack like that for a while? We've forgotten what it's like? :D

We saw abit of it in the first half against Liverpool, but before that when was the last time Arsenal played and have made you think something is going to happen EVERYTIME they pick up the ball? Certainly not since our defeat to the **** at OT.

kel varnsen

Established Member
don't get your panties in a knot; everton was utter sh*te... it wasn't all us, but see how much better we are going forward with some vision and creativity in central midfield? i can't believe we're letting edu go and that we're not bringing in a replacement...

AFCG7

Established Member
It was a great performance but certainly not our best ever game.. there were other games early this season, notably the one against Villa which we won 3-1.
Had it not been for an amazing GK performance from Postma in the Villa goal we could easily have had 7 goals before half time that day.
IN previous seasons our football has been just as brilliant but bad luck and great keeping from opposing teams have made the scoresheet look less embarassing.

Ridge

kel varnsen said:
i can't believe we're letting edu go and that we're not bringing in a replacement...
yeah wenger said he WONT replace edu because he has already "4" centre midfields. oh yeah, god bless theres no suspension or injury if so.

Spike

Established Member
I saw the best game of this season yesterday!

We totally demolished Everton, and we're flying high at the moment! :)

Arsenal Quotes

When I first came to Arsenal, I realised the back four were all university graduates in the art of defending. As for Tony Adams, I consider him to be a doctor of defence. He is simply outstanding.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom