• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Everton | 11/05/05

Gunner4life09

Well i thought it was really classy of the arsenal players to let Edu take the penalty even after he said he was going. i think edu is a great player and will leave arsenal on good terms and i have alot of respect for him. if only if he could stay he's been great in the last few games.

Did anyone in this season score more beautiful goal, than first Pires goal and Vieira goal???
These two were the best it the season IMHO...

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Can't believe i missed the game. I taped the game, stayed away from the internet the whole day only to come home and realised nothing got recorded. Worse usually they do replays but so far it doesn' tlook like they will be showing a replay. Anyone in the U.S who taped the game? I have seen the highlights but want to see the full game..

Wenger14

Established Member
Spartan said:
you guys who missed it, why not d/load it off torrents??

How? :cry: I can't use any programs like kazza on my uni network.
Is there like some site I can download it from?

A

Anonymous

kel varnsen said:
i can't believe we're letting edu go and that we're not bringing in a replacement...
I was loving the Guti idea. Or rumor.
We still have Seba Larsson if he's ever needed.

Wenger14

Established Member
Anyone know where I can at least get highlights of the match? I couldn't watch it because I was in Uni halls, and they have no sky here :cry: , HELLLLLLLLP please .

Canuck

Established Member
Stefano said:
kel varnsen said:
i can't believe we're letting edu go and that we're not bringing in a replacement...
I was loving the Guti idea. Or rumor.
We still have Seba Larsson if he's ever needed.

It is dissapointing that we will not be (or at least Wenger has said that...) replacing Edu. Especially after the talk about replacing him in Jan. if he had left. Perhaps Wenger feels that there are a couple of youth who may still make an impact next season (or more of an impact ala Quincy) Or perhaps Arsène is just talking S***.

Bringing Guti over is a very interesting idea. I think that he is under rated at Madrid and certainly under utilized. He is the type of player that Wenger excels at getting the best out of...and he would certainly fit into our MF> Not as classy as Edu though.

That said, any deal with Madrid prob. won't happen. Arsène is a bit p***** at them I think.

kel varnsen

Established Member
hopefully wenger is lying. of the four, cesc is the only one with the vision and creativity to really help us going forward.

Mark

Established Member
Forum's only just started working for me again.

Wow, just wow. This team is unbelievable in full flow. I have to be honest, I've always felt we can win by scorelines like this more often but we usually stop playing at 2-0 or 3-0.

Everyone was f*cking awesome. Especially THE MAN Dennis Bergkamp. Was nearly in tears when he scored. Nice for Flamini to get his first Arsenal goal too. Nice gesture for Edu to take the penalty. I feel less angry about him leaving now and glad he scored one last time. It did seem to mean a lot too him.

Overall, just awesome. Nothing better in football than seeing this side at their best. Nothing comes close.

marco

what a game! fantastic

one more year!
only disappointed with arsenal fans again!! when they finally left the pitch the ground was more than half empty!

as for edu!! what the **** is that **** doing kissing his badge!! kissing his badge as he walks away for free to get more money from juve or bsarcelona! cant understand how anyone can chant his name when dennis bergkamp is in that company. that man is arsenal through and through and hope he gets a new contract.

marco

what a game! fantastic

one more year!
only disappointed with arsenal fans again!! when they finally left the pitch the ground was more than half empty!

as for edu!! what the **** is that **** doing kissing his badge!! kissing his badge as he walks away for free to get more money from juve or bsarcelona! cant understand how anyone can chant his name when dennis bergkamp is in that company. that man is arsenal through and through and hope he gets a new contract.

gunnertilldeath

Established Member
i thought the awe would have worn off by now but i'm still blown away by what i saw yesterday. what an incredible display. makes you so proud to be a gooner. 7-0?!?! still cant get over it. saw my manc loving friend and he couldnt say anything. i think anyone who doesnt stand up and show respect has no appreciation for the sport and is a ****ing idiot.

Chicago

kel varnsen said:
don't get your panties in a knot; everton was utter sh*te... it wasn't all us, but see how much better we are going forward with some vision and creativity in central midfield? i can't believe we're letting edu go and that we're not bringing in a replacement...

Anyone of decent quality is gonna be like him, wanting regular play, which Arsenal simply cannot offer him unless he's gonna wrestle the spot from Paddy or Gilberto because Wenger's not gonna play a 4-5-1.

And as long as we have a back-up right winger I think we'll be okay, even if we lost 2 CM through suspension and injury we'll still have 2 adn there are a number of people who could jump into that role if needbe, I'm sure Bergkamp(assuming he stays) could play in the center, especially if we played more of a diamond in midfield, van persie could do the same. Pires and freddy are always drifting into the center too.

kanooo

It was indeed a great game. Missed it Live though as I had to work.

We really should be optimistic about the FA Cup final.

Spike

Established Member
I heard some good chants from the TV...I think one went "Whoo the **** are Man Utd? Whoo the **** are Man Utd, Whoo the **** are Man Utd and the reds go marching oi oi oi"

It just made me laugh.

Allyboy

Established Member
I go out for one night when we are on (I got tickets to this show 3 months ago when this game was scheduled for FA Cup semi final day and last night was free!) and I miss us scoring SEVEN goals!

I hope the club sell this on DVD, I would definitely pay money to see it!

sabret00the

Established Member
just for the record guys, it's impossible to rotate 4 players to one position, keep them all happy, keep them all getting games and developing and managing to form a successful partnership too, impossible.

Arsenal Quotes

I am immensely proud to say that I am the manager who has won the most FA Cups, and MY Arsenal are the club to lift it the most.

Arsène Wenger
Top Bottom