• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Hull City | 27/09/08

awooga83

Established Member
Re: Arsenal vs Hull City - Premier League - 27/09/08 - 17.30

Alfonso said:
Cesc looks the least motivated I have seen him, the complete opposite of how he started last season with so much hunger. I was slightly worried with his comments during the week ('trophies dont matter') and I think winning Euro 2008 has made him less hungry as he has less to prove now.

Funny I have been thinking the same its like its taken the edge he almost perhaps feels he has made it and the hard work is behind him, hope its not the case because he is a long way from proving anything yet but he does seem very casual at this stage not half the player of last season yet.

kel varnsen

Established Member

van persie is ****ing ****. he should be dropped like yesterday's garbage. so he scores the occasional decent goal here and there. both bendtner and vela offer ten times more, both in terms of goals and link up play.

van persie looks old, slow and clumsy. he's already past it. sell him while we still can get some money for him...

Anzac

Established Member

3 goals scored at our Home, and not one of them attributed to us - despite our style & previous form............as much as I'm hurt by the result - the above really pisses me off, as it's not that we can say that we gifted them the win with a dubious penalty or own goal.

No excuses for anyone & while I can agree with the comments made by AW about the game - we've heard it all too often before & have yet to see any evidence of anything improving.

Oh and we deserve any & all derision coming our way from now until the end of the season after this performance. It's not the loss of 3 points, but the manner in which it was done.

Biggus

Established Member

Alfonso said:
Cesc saying 'trophies dont matter', was perhaps the worst preparation for this game.

Did he really say that? Where's the link Alf. This might be music to the ears of those here who jerk off to "our beautiful football" but it is a shocking statement from a professional player paid to win things for this club.... :( Oh well the culture of every organisation is set from the top but I didn't think the rot was this far down.....F**k me! how can we expect to win anything when our best player says "It doesn't matter" :x

Alfonso said:
Van Perise plays like a 35 year old, not a 25 year old, the injuries haven taken its toll on him, mentally and physically, thats clear as day light to me. Also, Im finding increasingly hard to defend the undefendable (no pun intented) at the moment, William Gallas. I also feel sorry for the fans at Emirates tonite, witnessing that.

You know what else irritates me Alf? He's made his name from one good free kick, every other one we get- the commentator squawks as RvP steps up- owwww there's danger here! The only danger is to the people in the back row of the top tier. :roll:

Oh and BTW I hope to God this game is the absolutely positively last orders place your bets cross my heart and hope to die last time I hear the phrase,

wake up call.

Anzac

Established Member

Biggus said:
Oh and BTW I hope to God this game is the absolutely positively last orders place your bets cross my heart and hope to die last time I hear the phrase,

wake up call.

WAKE UP JEFF!!!!

:wink:

Anzac

Established Member

How would you feel as one of the C Cup squad if there were no changes to the starting XI v Porto after the tripe served up today????

gunner_down_under

Didnt have the game on TV? checked Livescore for updates later and it said Arsenal 1 - 2 Hull, I slept after that and had a dream about waking up the next morning to see the Headlines "Theo is God" and we had won 3-2....

Cant seem to feel too bad about this result, its early and would've been nice to go top, but I have every confidence in this team. We may have to make the required changes, if RvP is really as bad as people claim, then give Vela and Bendtner a go, put RvP on the ****ing bench! SAF did that to Rooney, came off the bench and scored! We dont need people taking their places for granted, especially captain Fantastic, **** me he's consistently inconsistent!

McIntyre

Established Member

When will our players get it into their heads that teams like this simply will not roll over? We played with such arrogance and a complete lack of urgency that Hull were simply BOUND to come back and teach us a lesson.

I don't like criticising individual players but I think once again Adebayor proved his inconsistency, Gallas proved why he is not the man to lead our defence and Eboue proved (AGAIN!) why he should not be playing in midfield. But the whole performance was shambolic: our passing, our shooting, our crossing etc.

I simply fail to understand why we couldn't play for the whole ninety minutes the way we played after they had taken the lead. Urgency, movement, numbers in the box, shots on goal, making the keeper work and a simple desire to win.

Oh, and of course, why does every goal have to be the perfect goal. Eboue was the main culprit on this front. When you have a sight of goal, F*CKING SHOOT! Every goal counts, but if you don't score you drop points. I think a few of our players need to be taught that.

I'm angry and upset like every Arsenal fan should be. I'm sure the players feel bad too, but it was their bad attitude that lost this game nothing else. Hull didn't play particularly well, they worked hard and defended okay but we still should have won easily, especially after going in front.

The players owe us a performance in the league like the one the kids gave us on Tuesday. They need to beat Porto and then come back with a convincing win in the league to keep us in touch with Chelski. Two losses in six games is f*cking awful for a team who has designs on winning the league. If I see any player giving less than 100% in any of the next 32 games then we don't deserve to win it anyway.

Anzac

Established Member

Oh the players owe us allright - my concern is that if they do win well v Porto & then follow it up in the PL, that they'll think they've done so as it will all be back on track as we haven't 'lost' anything as yet!!!!!

Biggus

Established Member

gunner_down_under said:
Didnt have the game on TV?

Are you in Australia GDU? It was on Fox sports 2.

@ McIntyre, Oh I'm confident we'll come back all guns blazing against Porto Mc, that's the whole point is it? our inconsistency is a classic example of "a work in progress".....The unfinished article.

awooga83

Established Member

The eternal unfinished article it seems to be.

gunner_down_under

Biggus said:
gunner_down_under said:
Didnt have the game on TV?

Are you in Australia GDU? It was on Fox sports 2.

@ McIntyre, Oh I'm confident we'll come back all guns blazing against Porto Mc, that's the whole point is it? our inconsistency is a classic example of "a work in progress".....The unfinished article.

Nah mate, working in Beijing at the moment. Saw the other Utd-Bolton (dodgy ****ing penalty) and the Chelski game on ESPN, they didnt have ours on. Guess everyone thought it was a walk-over. Just didn't think it would be them walking over us!

Biggus

Established Member

gunner_down_under said:
Just didn't think it would be them walking over us!

:roll: ain't that the truth...Even I wasn't that pessimistic.

Shadow Moses

Established Member

sport_carosel_arsen_598987a.jpg

:lol: :lol:

CrazyInLoveWithArsenal

I would like to think that it was a fluke but two flukes in the first six games really doesn't bode well.

We really just have to forget about this, beat Porto and go on another run like we were on after the Fulham game. I fully expect the players to bounce back from this.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

First loss we played like ****e , this game we were beaten by two great goals .

Shadow Moses

Established Member

Wouldn't say 2 great goals. More like one great goal and poor defending.

Biggus

Established Member

celestis said:
First loss we played like s***e , this game we were beaten by two great goals .

First loss we played like s***e , this game we played like s***e and were beaten by two great goals. :wink:

kel varnsen

Established Member

the worst part about yesterday's match, was our ****ty attitude. you could see the carelessness already in the first two mins of the game. hull wanted it more. they won challenges, chased every ball and wanted to win. we never got out of first gear. horrid movement off the ball, no pace on the ball. in addition, players like walcott, van persie, gallas and eboue tried to prove their critics correct.

vin de guerre

Oh dear sh!t happens. I presume we now move onto Porto now?
Thank god we dont need to wallow too long over this game!

Arsenal Quotes

I believe one of the best things about managing people is that we can influence lives in a positive way. That’s basically what a manager is about. When I can do that, I am very happy.

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom