• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

chandraraj

tactica442,

on a normal circumstances, yes, you are right. but on a closer look, jens could have either fisted or kicked the ball while going down. parrying the ball a definite no.

he was just unlucky to be caught by an excellent gerrard drive. and, on a second thought, if our defence were alert, they could have reacted faster than garcia. well, it's not to be and i just feel sorry for lehman for he is having an excellent season.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I think we are starting to see the next generation 11.

Eboue, Hleb, Senderos, Cesc look like they can make themselves permanent fixtures in home games and eurpoean fixtures. More so at AG as the ground will be bigger.

The next step is playing well in the north of England.

The Manure match will be a guide as to how far the team has come in my opinion. A big match that wil tell us what Wenger and the team have learnt. A good win there will boost our confidence even further for the new season and possibly the CL (if were still in it).

It was not hard to see that we deserved 3 points and that we were sloppy with finishing. All these people raving on about RVP need a reality check.

The guy will be back from injury and not match fit. In his absence, Ade and Henry seem to have developed a good partnership (it is only sloppiness in front of goal that hasnt rewarded the partnership thus far). Ade gives Henry space....something both Reyes and RVP have not managed yet.

It will be interesting to see but i'm convinced Wenger will stick to the current side with the exception of Cole joining the 11 when fully fit. At the moment I cant see RVP or Campbell walking into the starting 11 unless injuries prevail.

The competition between RVP and Ade to play alongside Titi is great for our club.

karan kansal

Did anyone notice the late ridiculous foul on Henry by that slut Luis Garcia?
After that Andy Gray was commenting on Henry's expression which looked something like "talentless ****s trying to stop me ".
Andy Gray: You know why they do that to you son.. 'cause you are brilliant that's why. They can't stop you any other way.

Gurgen

Established Member
_scorpion_ said:
The guy will be back from injury and not match fit. In his absence, Ade and Henry seem to have developed a good partnership (it is only sloppiness in front of goal that hasnt rewarded the partnership thus far). Ade gives Henry space....something both Reyes and RVP have not managed yet.

I beg to differ.

It's off the ball movement and good play in midfield that gives Henry space. You know, those things we were lacking just a month ago.
RvP is better than Adebayor in every technical department and should start when he is back and match fit.

invisibleman18

Established Member
Well, another great start to a day and for the 2nd time in a few days I went to uni with a big smile on my face and didn't stop smiling all day. Even found a way to enjoy my calculus class!

Without a doubt our best league performance of the season and its great to finally beat one of those teams above us. We were all over them in the first half and missed so many chances. They came back a bit in the 2nd half but still we had enough chances to be 4-0 up, and then bang, they scored and we had been punished for missing all those chances (something Real Madrid were unable to do). Thierry Henry was once again top class, as was Fabregas. Still can't believe the latter is younger than me tbh.

Didn't see Gerrard's full mistake until the replay. Hleb had the ball and had passed it straight to a Liverpool player, my head sunk into my hands and I screamed something derogatory like "his passing if f***ing atrocious" then heard the commentator say "he's given it away" and suddenly Henry was tapping it in and I was celebrating. Didn't really know what happened for a few seconds lol. It was Gerrard to Henry, just as it was in Euro 2004, only this time Henry rounded the keeper and finished it himself. A great win and keeps our European hopes alive.

flotz

why the **** are liverpool complaining about the referee?!
he took a 100% goal from us when pires was sent through and he allowed them to score a goal that should have been disalowed for a foul on fabregas...
i would have prefered being 1 nil up or 2-0 than having liverpool down to 10...

Tegh

Established Member
Reyes was injured, and Diaby was on bouncer duty with Sol at the door of the tunnel.

omega man

Did you see MOTD2 last night?? during the after match interview when cesc was asked was he fouled before the Pool goal and Henry's face lit up and he turned to cesc saying ' say yes'! Classic

Gunner4life09

omega man said:
Did you see MOTD2 last night?? during the after match interview when cesc was asked was he fouled before the Pool goal and Henry's face lit up and he turned to cesc saying ' say yes'! Classic

:) would have loved to see that

Liverpool are a bunch of cheating scums, i was SO furious when they fouled cesc and proceded to score, i yelled on the top of my lungs which woke my whole family up ... It was about 1:55am in the morning here. But when Henry scored i made a even bigger racket ... running around yelling "thats right u f*cking ****"

Tegh

Established Member
I shouted expletives at the TV, and got told to stfu by my dad, and not to use that language by my mother. My mate was round aswell.

So, I went upstairs and watched the rest of it in my room and proceded to shout even more expletives at THAT TV so my parents could hear.

Needless to say, a good day was had by all.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
Gunner4life09 said:
i yelled on the top of my lungs which woke my whole family up ... It was about 1:55am in the morning here. But when Henry scored i made a even bigger racket ... running around yelling "thats right you f*cking ****"

What a considerate individual you must be.. :lol: Glad I don't live in your house..

dbergyisnumerouno

Gunner4life09 said:
omega man said:

:) would have loved to see that

Liverpool are a bunch of cheating scums, i was SO furious when they fouled cesc and proceded to score, i yelled on the top of my lungs which woke my whole family up ... It was about 1:55am in the morning here. But when Henry scored i made a even bigger racket ... running around yelling "thats right you f*cking ****"

i very nearly did the same :lol: fortunately i was in my room and the sound i think is muffled a little! but would love to wake the entire neighbourhood though :lol: :lol: i just have to let it out, that much elation if contained will only do more harm than good! :lol:

sabret00the

Established Member
Gurgen said:
_scorpion_ said:

I beg to differ.

It's off the ball movement and good play in midfield that gives Henry space. You know, those things we were lacking just a month ago.
RvP is better than Adebayor in every technical department and should start when he is back and match fit.
Totally agree.

Captain

Established Member
RvP doesn't harrass defenders when we aren't in possession like Ade does though; forces alot of errors from the defence. RvP also doesn't chase down 'lost causes'. I'd say that Ade's movement is a little better too.

kel varnsen

Established Member
to me, hleb is probably the key factor these days. whenever he beats a defende or two, he creates a lot of space for all the others. he is instrumental to our recent success.

sabret00the

Established Member
Captain said:
RvP doesn't harrass defenders when we aren't in possession like Ade does though; forces alot of errors from the defence. RvP also doesn't chase down 'lost causes'. I'd say that Ade's movement is a little better too.
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist, Ade doesn't think like that and let's be honest it's not like Ade could think like that, Ade scoring goals will forever be a rarity of the Crouch kind. RvP is head's and tails better than Ade.

Arsenal Quotes

When I arrive at the gates of Heaven the Good Lord will ask "What did you do in your life?"
I will respond "I tried to win football matches."
He will say: "Are you certain that's all?"
"Well, that's the story of my life. It is not easy to win football matches, you know."

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom