• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/03/06

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Captain said:
RvP doesn't harrass defenders when we aren't in possession like Ade does though; forces alot of errors from the defence. RvP also doesn't chase down 'lost causes'. I'd say that Ade's movement is a little better too.

But Wenger's commented on that before and said he'd like RvP to become more a ballwinner. Hopefully they've been working on it.

Captain

Established Member
sabret00the said:
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist

What on earth are you talking about?

sabret00the

Established Member
Captain said:
sabret00the said:
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist

What on earth are you talking about?
i defined a lost cause for you.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
sabret00the said:
Captain said:
RvP doesn't harrass defenders when we aren't in possession like Ade does though; forces alot of errors from the defence. RvP also doesn't chase down 'lost causes'. I'd say that Ade's movement is a little better too.
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist, Ade doesn't think like that and let's be honest it's not like Ade could think like that, Ade scoring goals will forever be a rarity of the Crouch kind. RvP is head's and tails better than Ade.

Where in Captain's post does he refer to "finishing prowess"?

I'm confused too, I think you should concentrate on replying to what Captain said and not what you think he said in future sabre...

Tony Montana

Established Member
Tegh said:
I shouted expletives at the TV, and got told to stfu by my dad, and not to use that language by my mother. My mate was round aswell.

So, I went upstairs and watched the rest of it in my room and proceded to shout even more expletives at THAT TV so my parents could hear.

Needless to say, a good day was had by all.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Football Ninja

Ade please please please stop basing your shooting skills on Drogba and start watching tapes of Henry and even Kanu........PLEASE

Football Ninja

lol

Ratinho said:
Another woefully unproffessional performance form us.

LKike I said earlier, it's looked like a 1-1er for ages, and Henry's inept finishihng and masses of errors have cost us again.

We won't make the CL, because we'll do this again,. and again.

LOL :lol:

Well not bad for a striker with poor finishing... 2 goals and a win for us ;)

polaris sc

Gurgen said:
_scorpion_ said:
The guy will be back from injury and not match fit. In his absence, Ade and Henry seem to have developed a good partnership (it is only sloppiness in front of goal that hasnt rewarded the partnership thus far). Ade gives Henry space....something both Reyes and RVP have not managed yet.

I beg to differ.

It's off the ball movement and good play in midfield that gives Henry space. You know, those things we were lacking just a month ago.
RvP is better than Adebayor in every technical department and should start when he is back and match fit.

i would agree with scorpion, i dont think RVP and henry have played that well together

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
We should've won this game by more, and were quite lucky, and unlucky, in parts of this match. I can only imagine what would've happened had Alonso not been sent off unluckily. I'm positive the end would've been much more tougher than it was for us.

A win is a win in the end, but our finishing was very poor and needs to improve considerably to ensure opposition teams are out of the games and not able to make a come-back of any sorts.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
sabret00the said:
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist, Ade doesn't think like that and let's be honest it's not like Ade could think like that, Ade scoring goals will forever be a rarity of the Crouch kind. RvP is head's and tails better than Ade.

In my mind, that's an enormous insult towards Adebayor's ability. Give Adebayor the chances Crouch has had this season, and he'd be in double figures for the season for sure, no doubt in my mind at all.

jay-d

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
sabret00the said:
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist, Ade doesn't think like that and let's be honest it's not like Ade could think like that, [be]Ade scoring goals will forever be a rarity of the Crouch kind[/be]. RvP is head's and tails better than Ade.

In my mind, that's an enormous insult towards Adebayor's ability. Give Adebayor the chances Crouch has had this season, and he'd be in double figures for the season for sure, no doubt in my mind at all.

He's had a lot of chances already.

_scorpion_

Established Member
I think people seem to forget a one Mr Henry who took a lifetime to get his shooting radar right when he started for us. People have very short memories!

For the time he has been here, Ade has done a fantastic job in the 'creating space' for henry department.

His physicalness is what we have lacked for a very long time up front.

He hassles defenders and gives them less time on the ball to set up attacks from deep....much like Reyes, but with more size obviously. And when receieving balls from deep...he is a huge handful all the time because of his pace and ball control.

I never questioned RVP's skill or would even debate the issue ....but if your writing off the Henry and Ade partnership based on what you have seen so far then I'm inclined to say that's a biased reaction based on your love of RVP as a footballer.

Ade has done nothing wrong apart from finishing some easy chances (which Henry and many other strikers adjusting to a new league and team have done in the past). Give him time like you gave RVP rather than come to the conclusion that as soon as RVP is fit he should start.

RVP for all his skill and finishing abilities can still fade out of matches easily because he does not work as hard as Ade or Reyes in the smaller facets of a strikers role to minimise time on the ball that the opposition defenders have. Sure he can finish, but Ade has not had the same amount of time to adjust.

Quite clearly for a 6 foot plus footballer he has fantastic footwork and a decent burst of speed....if he can improve his finishing I think we could have the makings of the perfect partner for Henry.

Take your time to make assessments please ...give the guy a decent chance. RVP should have to fight his way into the side....not the other way around where Ade steps out.

brianfrance

Established Member
Gunner4Eva said:
sabret00the said:
what you're referring too is finishing prowess, Robin doesn't chase down lost causes he can't convert, with every ball and every spot in the area he knows what he can convert to a goal or assist, Ade doesn't think like that and let's be honest it's not like Ade could think like that, [be]Ade scoring goals will forever be a rarity of the Crouch kind[/be]. RvP is head's and tails better than Ade.

To be better than crouch is hardly exceptional :lol:
Adebayor has to be better than RvP to claim the 2nd striker spot. At the moment I'd pick RvP anyday of the week, and so would arsène IMO.

Gunner4Eva

Established Member
I dont know...Adebayor has done a splendid job so far, and as discussed above, he brings something to the table van Persie does not.

I would be very happy to see van Persie starting alongside Henry, but also happy, if not happier, to have van Persie starting on the bench behind Adebayor.

In the end, the competition for the starting position alongside Henry will be good for both of them, and Arsenal.

karan kansal

Rvp is jsut coming back from injury. No match fitness and people are claiming he will bang in the goals as soon as he plays. Speculative really.

Adebayor has done a very good jobs by diverting attention from Henry. He has excellent reach and control and can hold defenders off. Yes you are heard it right..an Arsenal player who can actually hold defenders off!

He fluffed one chance in the liverpool game but was otherwise full of running and contributing to the play. Most importantly, all our attacks didn't slow down or break down when he was around. Unlike Dennis Bergkamp who... , ahh forget it.

I don't understand how a player can just come in and start banging in goals. Even bergkamp and Henry couldn't manage that.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Adebayour is getting better every match so I don't see why we need to replace him. Fact is places are not automatic and should be fought for , RVP has to take it back.

Ratinho

Established Member
Yeah, what Gurgen said but add a lot of pace to that.

Adebayor is a very good prospect, and a very welcome new option for us, but RvP is a level ahead of him right now. Ade still looks nervous infront of goal, and as I said in another thread, I still think he's trying a little to hard next to Thierry.

Tegh

Established Member
Ade is still very young like RVP, so there's plenty of time people, don't hit the big red button yet.

Arsenal Quotes

If Ryan Giggs is worth 20 millions, Bergkamp is worth 100 million

Marco Van Basten

Latest posts

Top Bottom