• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/11/06

dublingunner

Established Member
Time to get the premiership campaign back on track. Perhaps we should field the Carling Cup team :lol:

No seriously, Sissoko out, that should cause Liverpool some problems in breaking up our midfiled. I'm hoping for Henry to finally hit some form. 2-0, him and Fabregas to score.

Ricky_AFC

Really good news that Sissoko is out. I think we'll have them 2-1 or 2-0. We need a big game to make us really up it a bit.

Lukazan

Established Member
I'd have prefered Sissoko to be fit tbh.

First and foremost, he's an absolute bag of crap and a complete headless chicken. Secondly, it means Gerrard will almost certainly be in the centre of midfield, a position he can dominate from, although in the past we have handled him pretty well tbh.

I can't predict this game... but assuming it won't be a draw I'm almost certain it'll be a one nil, but to which team I am not sure.

Captain

Established Member
Sissoko in the middle is much more of a worry then Gerrard who quite frankly leaves a hole the size of the grand canyon there every time he plays.

Lukazan

Established Member
But even if Sissoko is there, he doesn't actually do much other than give away alot of free kicks.

If Gerrard is there he's a threat on our goal.

tam1886

Established Member
3-2 to the Arsenal i think. RVP and two from Henry, with an assist from Gerrard again! :lol: :wink:

Original_AAA

This fixture last year was my brother and mine first Arsenal game live(ie we were at the game) ande what a game it was. Heres hoping for a replay of that game!

thierryunreal

tam1886 said:
3-2 to the Arsenal i think. RVP and two from Henry, with an assist from Gerrard again! :lol: :wink:

just what i was thinking and after setting henry up twice in the match, 'pool fans and players will turn against him and we'll buy him and he'll apologise for saying, "walcott had no right to be at the world cup" after the world cup. and he'll be able to give henry assists without it being a mistake.
:D :p biggest LOL.

kel varnsen

Established Member
Captain said:
Sissoko in the middle is much more of a worry then Gerrard who quite frankly leaves a hole the size of the grand canyon there every time he plays.

sissoko gives the ball away a lot and i'm fairly sure we would have been able to get a few good counter attacks going if he had played. gerrard does miss a few passes as well during a match, but he does it higher up the pitch and it's harder to hit them on the break.

on the plus side, i think cesc and whoever else plays in central midfield will have more room to operate in with sissoko out of the game. he covers a lot of space and is very good at closing down players.

LeTallec

Sissoko does not give away the ball now.. he did when he first came.. Im gutted he is out.. hes been our best player since the last season and we improved a lot because of him... However Alonso and Gerrard arent too bad.... I hope we make it 6 on the trot and beat arsenal 3-0..

Alfonso

Established Member
I think Liverpool will play 4-5-1 in this match to make up for the absence of poor man's Vieria.

We will most likley play 4-5-1 as well. Does this mean we will basically cancell each other out?

I hope Wenger says something before this game. Going a week without any media talk is not healthy for the club imo.

G0D

Almighty
Alfonso said:
I hope Wenger says something before this game. Going a week without any media talk is not healthy for the club imo.
Not healthy for the club? In my opinion your making too much out of talking to the media, it aint important, getting ready for what will inevitably be a tough game is. I'd probably say 1-0 or 2-1, if the first team turns up this weekend.

Alfonso

Established Member
G0D said:
Alfonso said:
Not healthy for the club? In my opinion your making too much out of talking to the media, it aint important, getting ready for what will inevitably be a tough game is. I'd probably say 1-0 or 2-1, if the first team turns up this weekend.

Media is very important in the match build up imo.Plus, why not just get this Pardrew business out of the way? Maybe Wenger is the one making the big deal here.

As for media talk importance, just ask Jose Mourinho.In the past games have been won and lost in the pre match media conferences i tell you that now.

Mourinho famously said:

"The match starts in the press conference before the game".

G0D

Almighty
Alfonso said:
Media is very important in the match build up imo.Plus, why not just get this Pardrew business out of the way? Maybe Wenger is the one making the big deal here.

As for media talk importance, just ask Jose Mourinho.In the past games have been won and lost in the pre match media conferences i tell you that now.

Mourinho famously said:

"The match starts in the press conference before the game".
The media can only influence the outcome of a game marginally, after all it is the players which give you the results. People bare too much significance to mind games, sure they can be beneficial, but they certainly aren't necessary.

I'm guessing the Pardew issue isn't being discussed because it's being investigated. After all it probably wouldn't be too smart to stick your foot in it whilst it's being investigated.

kooldawg

Established Member
Well, i think that the team that will score first is going to take this match.

I'm going to predict a 2-1 Arsenal victory with a late goal being squeezed in.

I'm sure that the lads can do it.

>YounGunner<

Established Member
LuKaZaN said:
I'd have prefered Sissoko to be fit tbh.

First and foremost, he's an absolute bag of crap and a complete headless chicken. Secondly, it means Gerrard will almost certainly be in the centre of midfield, a position he can dominate from, although in the past we have handled him pretty well tbh.

I can't predict this game... but assuming it won't be a draw I'm almost certain it'll be a one nil, but to which team I am not sure.

I take it you never watched the game at anfield when Sissoko had Cesc in his pocket all day by constantly closing him down and giving him no space and time on the ball.

Sissoko is someone who would be a nightmare for Cesc to play against due to his physical presence and constantly closing down opponents.

Liverpool will now have to play Alonso and Gerrard in the middle and there is no real DM in there. Gerrard likes to attack alot but if he does he can expose Alonso who Cesc had a field day with at highbury, Gerrard might be forced to do alot of defending which could stop him attacking like he usually does. On the right he would be more of a threat because he has a free role and would not worry about defending as much.

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom