• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/11/06

go49oner

Established Member
Feis-al said:
go49oner said:
Arsenal won.3-0. So what. I am quite dissappointed with Van Persie. He did not contribute much to the team, except for the toure goal(to be honest the pass was almost a fluke) and the tackle he got from Carragher. The early miss just show how indecisive he is, he should bring the ball down, instead he let the ball bounce. Should be clinical with chances he had. Should not played him in the first place. Wrong name in starting lineup for me, lucky they won.

For Henry, great performance. His attitude has improved when helped the defence instead of moaning. But I still against the idea of being to welcoming to opponent. One word, great but you will need to score.

Adebayor. What one on one situation and he blew it. Why.
Simple no composure and creativity. If I were given the chance I will either lob or go round the keeper.

Flamini. The goal aside, he did nothing.Fullstop

If i posted this after a win against Liverpool and read it, I would pull my shirt on my head and bury myself. Honestly, are you serious with this negative attitude! Atleast could you have seen something positive from this game, not even one. Without TR and Lehmann, someone would have thought why and how are we going to survive the Liverpool attack but somehow Flamini rendered Gerrard and J Pennis useless and you say he did nothing, I would say GROW Up but that would make me look like am attacking you as a person now a cyber pessimist. I would go on further commenting on the rest of the negatives but please, We won and indeed all Henry did was defend while RvP created the 2 chances including the "fluke"

Am never satisfied my friends. :wink:

bojed

AM Resident Joker #1
go49oner said:
Arsenal won.3-0. So what. I am quite dissappointed with Van Persie. He did not contribute much to the team, except for the toure goal(to be honest the pass was almost a fluke) and the tackle he got from Carragher. The early miss just show how indecisive he is, he should bring the ball down, instead he let the ball bounce. Should be clinical with chances he had. Should not played him in the first place. Wrong name in starting lineup for me, lucky they won.

FFS, are you for real mate?

then i guess toure's goal was a fluke too 'cause the normal toure would make a thunderous shot instead of a well-placed one (and it's an ole to be exact)

GoodOldArsenal

Goodness, from the moods of some of you around here one would get the feeling that we just got thrashed. We just beat LIVERPOOL 3-0!!! Be happy. What do you want, 10-0? Also, give Ade some slack. So what if he should have scored, he hadn't been on long and was already making attacks on goal (which is a very positive thing). Besides, the game was in the bag already. It didn't even matter.

stiiphunn

Established Member
One thing though.. RvP needs to stop doing useless tricks. He needs to cut them out of his game.

On Toure's goal, he tried to do a mid-air backhill and almost lost the ball because of this. Luckily he missed it and the ball stayed in his feet..

He can do all the tricks he wants when he's cornered or when he's in a one-on-one type situation. But he's got to get rid of those when we're couter-attacking.

Dennis10

stiiphunn said:
One thing though.. RvP needs to stop doing useless tricks. He needs to cut them out of his game.

On Toure's goal, he tried to do a mid-air backhill and almost lost the ball because of this. Luckily he missed it and the ball stayed in his feet..

He can do all the tricks he wants when he's cornered or when he's in a one-on-one type situation. But he's got to get rid of those when we're couter-attacking.

I pray he doesn't. In my opinion he very rarely utilizes his tricks. The backheel he attempted just before Kolo's goal didn't succeed, but if he really is as Henry says, our most skillful player, he should have a license to put a show on. He's got the vision and the football intelligence, and I'm confident he knows when or when not to use tricks.

I see you especially mention counter-attacking, and it's true RvP hasn't found his natural part in those situations yet. Pires, Ljungberg and Bergkamp were fantastic players in this aspect of the game, but it took them some time to develop that kind of offensive chemistry. Our new lads are already showing potential, and no matter how you put it, in the end Robin did brilliantly slipping the ball through for King Kolo to finish off a nearly perfect counter-attack.

RC8

Established Member
go49oner said:

For Henry, great performance. His attitude has improved when helped the defence instead of moaning. But I still against the idea of being to welcoming to opponent. One word, great but you will need to score.

Simple no composure and creativity. If I were given the chance I will either lob or go round the keeper.

Mate, I don't agree with anything you've said here.

Van Persie:
He did cheat, that was plain wrong. However, he was instrumental on the second goal, and made a sublime pass to Toure, he was slightly lucky to have hold the ball at his feet, but he was able to rectify a mistake and capitalise, just like Fabregas at OT, I'm pretty sure you did not call his pass a fluke.

Lucky we won?
What? Did you see the Liverpool line up? Our first goal was fantastic, our second goal was sublime, and the third was a very well taken corner. What did 'pool do? they scored an offside goal and a controversial one. We had 55% possession, and we took our chances.

Henry did not score, but he did put a lot of effort, he was marked by many players, and this allowed Toure to burst up, and Flamini to be free for the first goal. The formation is not for him, that's all.

Flamini:
He did very well, he gave a couple magnificent through balls, positioned himself well, and covered for Rosicky very effectively.

lagos

Established Member
A lot has been said about Vanpersie "cheating"

So I thought I'd add my 2 cents:

1. the last defender or the keeper who deliberately brings down a striker on goal

2. The player who dives to win a penalty

3. the player who feigns injury to get an opponent booked

4. A player who calls for a throwing to be awarded to his side knowing fully well the ball touched him last.

In all the above players are trying to gain an unfair advantage. that the above examples happen more regularly in football don't make them any better than RVP's hand ball. I'm not saying I approve but I can't see why RVP is being unfairly singled out. these things happen regularly in football:

He tried to gain an unfair advantage, he was caught and punished.

nidza7

Established Member
I`m disappointed with people leaving emitrates couple of minutes from the final whistle.It`s not every day we beat Pool 3-0.

zerofeel

Reckon the pass that RvP made for Toure wasnt a fluke at all.It was calculated.Look at the replay again if u have a chance..he saw toure ran in and he cut back,slowed down and made that pass.It wasnt a fluke.

Ade may have missed the chance,yes i must admit his finishing is rather poor but he is still young he has time..and besides we were 3-0 up.

To say that Flamini was poor was uncalled for.He wasnt that poor.He hassled and he haggled the piss poor fools players.He covered a lot of ground and it was nice to see him score that goal.

I hope the team can build on from here and play it with the highest of concentration and team play like they did.Total football,total commitment.Arsène must have given the team the hairdryer treatment. :D

Mbaki Mutahaba

Established Member
Flamini did a descent job especially defensively but am afraid the diff in class between him and rosicky was so obvious. I believe yesterday showed how much Rosicky brings to the team. I didn't see a single cesc-hnery-flamini combination. But we do need the flaminis in this team as well, because i can put my money only him or our defensive player could have scored the first goal. The rest would have tried to trap it even though the ball was behind..and do some other move before scoring. I just hope he is paitent enough to wait for these opportunities to play.

GoodOldArsenal

nidza7 said:
I`m disappointed with people leaving emitrates couple of minutes from the final whistle.It`s not every day we beat Pool 3-0.

I agree, it especially annoys me because there are so many others who would love a chance to watch Arsenal play at home (or even away) and would stay the whole game.

Arnie

hmm, yer partly my fault, had a few season tickets leave early and not turn up at all because i had the sickest birthday party!!

But in all seriousness, don't you guys love it when we score last minute goals?? i love laughing at the people who have left (even though they can't see me!!)

We were class, but can't help thinking liverpool was rubbish. Gerrard on the right and zenden in the middle, benitez has been taken over by my gran or something!! Actually no, even she knows to put the best players in their best positions!!

Rohit

Established Member
Mbaki Mutahaba said:
But we do need the flaminis in this team as well, because i can put my money only him or our defensive player could have scored the first goal. The rest would have tried to trap it even though the ball was behind..and do some other move before scoring. I just hope he is paitent enough to wait for these opportunities to play.

I agree with this sentiment.None apart from Kolo or Flamini in my opinion would have scored that first goal.Others just seem too bored to go in like Flamini did.

Having said that i thought Flamini was poor.He hardly received any of the ball and unlike when he played previously he rarely got close to winning any balls in midfield,hassled players yes,but wasn't convincing enough.I do like him and i thought it was down to may be confidence.I'd like to see him play again against Newcastle,i believe he will certainly be better

vanderguy

go49oner said:

He copied this post from another website (SOCCERPULSE) :wink:

the dawn raids

Established Member
Viper said:
Although Van Persie got two assists, I thought he generally had a quiet game and was the same old story on the left to be honest.

really? i actually thought it was one of his better performances for us since charlton away. not that he was a world beater or anything, but he looked livelier and was actually making some effective off ball movement. granted hes still got to start gaining some consistency shooting.

alibey

USArsenal said:
that was actually not a great call.. Clichy looked to have plaed him onsides on the near side....

Yes I noticed that too. Clichy was closest to the goal on the near side to the camera. That graphical offside line wasnt correct, becouse clichy was the last man back, but Im not complaining. LOL

IBL

Established Member
We got a decent rub of the green on Sunday Vs Liverpool, makes up for some of the crumby luck we've had of late. Although Flamini was onside for our first goal on another day a more over-zealous linesman may have given it offside. Also for Toure's goal he scuffed the shot and it went through Reina's legs.

hujja

Established Member
Ice Berg legend said:
Also for Toure's goal he scuffed the shot and it went through Reina's legs.

I couldn't help but think the same thing. Since when did Kolo become such an expert finisher. He's a flipping defender!

Still though, he did a better job than our forwards.

IBL

Established Member
hujja said:
I couldn't help but think the same thing. Since when did Kolo become such an expert finisher. He's a flipping defender!

Still though, he did a better job than our forwards.
Not taking anything away from Kolo, he's technically very good, but dare I say if he'd made contact with the ball as he intended (pass it to the keeper's left) it might have been saved :p

When I was at the game, Michael Thomas was sitting 2 rows in front of me. (Block 108) He signed my train ticket at the end of the game, I was just gutted i hadn't bothered to queue for a programme.

Arsenal Quotes

The coach's role is to make the player understand everything that serves the interest of the game. To do this he must speak to the child within each player, to the adolescent he was and the adult he is now. Too often a coach tends only to speak to the adult, issuing commands for performance, for victory, for reflection, to the detriment of the child who is playing for pleasure, living in the present.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Latest posts

Top Bottom