• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal vs Liverpool | 12/11/06

go49oner

Established Member
Arsenal won.3-0. So what. I am quite dissappointed with Van Persie. He did not contribute much to the team, except for the toure goal(to be honest the pass was almost a fluke) and the tackle he got from Carragher. The early miss just show how indecisive he is, he should bring the ball down, instead he let the ball bounce. Should be clinical with chances he had. Should not played him in the first place. Wrong name in starting lineup for me, lucky they won.

For Henry, great performance. His attitude has improved when helped the defence instead of moaning. But I still against the idea of being to welcoming to opponent. One word, great but you will need to score.

Adebayor. What one on one situation and he blew it. Why.
Simple no composure and creativity. If I were given the chance I will either lob or go round the keeper.

Flamini. The goal aside, he did nothing.Fullstop

USArsenal

H.Y.I.C.
i think you were watching a different game than I was....

thought RvP did pretty OK... other than the stupid handball (which we will all admit was stupid), he directly contributed to 2 goals... if a striker/forward is not scoring, they better be contributing to scoring, which is what he did...

Henry was extremely quiet.. not entirely his fault, but it was not a great performance by any means.. although, i will admit he didnt botch too much yesterday, which is a plus...

Ade, yes, i know he missed a sitter that my wife could have scored, other than that, wasnt in the game too long...

Flamini, thought he did decently on the left... scored... that's really all that needs to be said... tracked back well, put RvP through in the first minute of the game... considering he is not a LM, thought he did OK...

drthorne1

Its very simple this whole HENRY issue...

People are saying that Henry does not run at defenders anymore and is being more provider than anything else.

Does that remind you of anyone ?

This is the first time in many years that the Dutch master has not been playing alongside Henry and it does not surprise me in the least that Henry is taking up a deeper role.

We are going to have to get used to the fact that that AW has asked Henry to play the Dennis Berkamp type of role.

Henry worked his socks off yesterday and sometimes that's all I want to see from a Captain.

algunner

go49oner said:
Arsenal won.3-0. So what. I am quite dissappointed with Van Persie. He did not contribute much to the team, except for the toure goal(to be honest the pass was almost a fluke) and the tackle he got from Carragher. The early miss just show how indecisive he is, he should bring the ball down, instead he let the ball bounce. Should be clinical with chances he had. Should not played him in the first place. Wrong name in starting lineup for me, lucky they won.

For Henry, great performance. His attitude has improved when helped the defence instead of moaning. But I still against the idea of being to welcoming to opponent. One word, great but you will need to score.

Simple no composure and creativity. If I were given the chance I will either lob or go round the keeper.

DID YOU ACTUALLY WATCH THE MATCH or READ ON NEWSPAPERS.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
Bollocks, he played all of last season without him pretty much and he fell into the same trap he's doing now of dropping off too deep.

What did Wenger do?

Told him to cut it resulting in Henry's form picking up dramatically towards the end of the season.

I had hoped Henry wouldn't repeat it but he currently seems to be doing so.

algunner

I think Henry played a lot better than many home games so far. He tracked back when he lost the ball and also was seen defending several times helping out the defence on couple occassion. I think it was an improvement from last game.He knows he is below his normal performance but if he contributes in tracking back players after the ball then its better than just staying up front doing nothing but waiting for the ball while the rest of the team is struggling to defend.

algunner

We have to play pool in couple weeks in worthless cup at liverpool. I wonder what will be the reaction o fthe pool team. I am assuming he will play the strongest side to avange this defeat. Hopefully Babtista and Fredie will be ready by that time.

drthorne1

YuenBiaoFan said:
Bollocks, he played all of last season without him pretty much and he fell into the same trap he's doing now of dropping off too deep.

What did Wenger do?

Told him to cut it resulting in Henry's form picking up dramatically towards the end of the season.

I had hoped Henry wouldn't repeat it but he currently seems to be doing so.

First of all someone's Opinion is not B******* just because you don't happen to agree with it.

This simple truth is Henry is going to be playing deeper now and we need to get used to this.

otfgoon

Established Member
Cesc was the only one who was noticably poor ( by his standards) yesterday for me, granted he done well for the goal but his distribution was not up to it's normal standard. Maybe a rest might to his some good, could just be an off day though.

I have defended Bertie a lot last year but he is starting to annoy me now. His distribution was always poor but now he is'nt doing his defensive duties as well as he used to. Seems to roam around in space (not closing down or marking) and on several occasions reacted too slowly when he could have won the ball. Needs to up his game now.

YuenBiaoFan

Established Member
This isn't your opinion though is it:

'This is the first time in many years that the Dutch master has not been playing alongside Henry'

That's presented as a fact that is wrong.

Gilberto was very good yesterday. Fact.

drthorne1

This is the first time in many years that the Dutch master has not been playing alongside Henry'

Sorry I should have made myself a bit clearer, I was referring to was the fact that DB no longer plays for Arsenal Football club and that Henry seems to have taken over his type of role - For example Playing deep and being provider rather than out and out striker.

Rohit

Established Member
In 2001/ 02 we started our unbeaten run to the title after beating Liverpool at Anfield after going down to 10 men.It came at the back of a 3-1 loss to Newcastle at home,a game in which we should have had 5 in the first 20,none of the refereeing decisions went our way and Henry lashed out at Poll getting a 3 match ban.

Wenger said the feeling of injustice had inspired that victory against Liverpool and was the turning point of that season.

What we showed yesterday was 110% committment and more hunger than Liverpool.I hope this is the turning point inspired by the same feeling of injustice from last week.This time Wenger might be on the receiving end of a 3 game touchline ban.

Gunner4life09

To be honnest. Henry and Cesc played pretty below there normal standards against liverpool. Of course they all contributed in some way but overall in the game they played well below what they can normally.

I was happy to see Henry run and work hard to come back and defend but other than that i can only remember him having once chance and i don't even remember him being involved in any of the goals.

Cesc, well i think maybe i have to keep reminidng myself that he's still 19 but i think he didnt play up to his standards last night. That isnt saying he did absolutely crap but he just could have done better.

The best player for me was Hleb, He kept making runs and no one could tackle him. he's is so vital to the team and him and rosicky play so well together.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
DOUBLE-YOU said:
The team just won 3-0 against liverpool. doesn't that deserve some ovation?

Well, people had pubs to get to, what do you expect?

Seriously though, cracked me up that the exodus started 10 minutes before half time, meaning that quite a few missed Flamini's opening goal.

Are you there to watch the Arse, or eat a hot dog?

algunner

You got to remember something in a team of 11 players there is no way everyone will be outstanding playing to ther full potential. So stop saying this player did not do this and that as long as the team wins and one or few players become man of the match then its all good. You can not expect Henry and Scec to be the best players in the pitch all the time nor will they be.............. but someone has to pick up the rest of the team when they are below par. If everyone play below par or most of the time the team is likely to loose the match. Its simple reasoning. There will never be a match that is flawless or perfect. Someone is there to stink in match or play below bar but if the other team player picks up the team then we win the match.

RocktheCasbah

Established Member
go49oner said:

Moan, moan, moan.

Is it me or did we beat Liverpool 3-0?
van Persie set up two goals, and Flamini actually got on the end of a cross in the six yard box at a time when we weren't looking particularly likely to score. What more do you want?

And excuse me for stating the obvious, but you aren't a Premiership footballer, so you wouldn't have gone round the goalkeeper, because you wouldn't have been there in the first place. And, as I said at the time, if you're going to miss a chance like that, better to miss it when you're 3-0 up.

marco

RocktheCasbah said:
DOUBLE-YOU said:
The team just won 3-0 against liverpool. doesn't that deserve some ovation?

Well, people had pubs to get to, what do you expect?

Seriously though, cracked me up that the exodus started 10 minutes before half time, meaning that quite a few missed Flamini's opening goal.

Are you there to watch the Arse, or eat a hot dog?

its not the hot dog its the pies that are 1 pound off tha they are after!
genuine value...

Feis-al

go49oner said:

If i posted this after a win against Liverpool and read it, I would pull my shirt on my head and bury myself. Honestly, are you serious with this negative attitude! Atleast could you have seen something positive from this game, not even one. Without TR and Lehmann, someone would have thought why and how are we going to survive the Liverpool attack but somehow Flamini rendered Gerrard and J Pennis useless and you say he did nothing, I would say GROW Up but that would make me look like am attacking you as a person now a cyber pessimist. I would go on further commenting on the rest of the negatives but please, We won and indeed all Henry did was defend while RvP created the 2 chances including the "fluke"

Arsenal Quotes

I've got the best goalkeeper and the best centre half. All I need are the best wingers and the best forward. It doesnt matter what the rest are like.

Herbert Chapman

Latest posts

Top Bottom